PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist High School opening in Oregon

5stringJeff
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Hopefully, the FBI has this, and all other Islamic private schools, under close surveillance.

------------
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Mounting pressures from Muslim parents in the region have prompted the Muslim Educational Trust to open the new coeducational Oregon Islamic Academy - the first high school in the Northwest geared to Muslim students.

Syed Ahmad was one of those parents. He told Wajdi Said, the trust's executive director, that he moved his family from Texas to Oregon for work and they lived in Tigard to be close to the Muslim Educational Trust's prekindergarten to eighth grade Islamic School. But he told Wajdi that he'd take his family back to Texas to attend an Islamic high school unless one opened here.

The academy's mission is "to shape the minds and hearts of its students according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the traditions of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)," the parenthetical phrase an abbreviation for "Praise Be Unto Him."

Said explained that will come in rigorous classes of math, science, history, language arts, Arabic and other courses to prepare students to excel in college as inquisitive learners, and caring and moral adults who are proud of their Islamic beliefs.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/7141111.html

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Being an Islamic school doesn't make it anywhere close to a terrorist school. We have plenty of private religious schools in this country, this being just another one.

5stringJeff
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Being an Islamic school doesn't make it anywhere close to a terrorist school. We have plenty of private religious schools in this country, this being just another one.

Plenty of private schools, yes. However, since almost all the terrorists these days are Muslim, and many Islamic schools (called madrasas) are known breeding grounds for terrorists, I think it would be prudent to be wary.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Sure but don't go calling them a terrorist school with no other proof besides their religion.

5stringJeff
04-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Sure but don't go calling them a terrorist school with no other proof besides their religion.

Maybe it's just the events of the last 14 years, but I have a hard time believing that Muslims will ever live peacefully with non-Muslims.

lily
04-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Plenty of private schools, yes. However, since almost all the terrorists these days are Muslim, and many Islamic schools (called madrasas) are known breeding grounds for terrorists, I think it would be prudent to be wary.

I'm confused.......you're worried about them building an Islamic High School, when it seems they've had no trouble with the lower grades? I don't know......sounds like to me they've had no problems. If parents are willing to spend the money to send their children to private schools, I see no reason not to accomadate them. You may think there is something sinister behind this, but most Muslims don't want their children around some of American children's "values", like Johnny being tied to the Playstation and Susie weraring tank tops with her bra straps showing and Daisy Dukes up to her navel. As was stated in the article, they want their children to go to school to learn, so that they can recieve the higher education and maybe be better off than their parents were. Isn't that what every parent wants for their child?

Syed Ahmad was one of those parents. He told Wajdi Said, the trust's executive director, that he moved his family from Texas to Oregon for work and they lived in Tigard to be close to the Muslim Educational Trust's prekindergarten to eighth grade Islamic School. But he told Wajdi that he'd take his family back to Texas to attend an Islamic high school unless one opened here.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm confused.......you're worried about them building an Islamic High School, when it seems they've had no trouble with the lower grades? I don't know......sounds like to me they've had no problems. If parents are willing to spend the money to send their children to private schools, I see no reason not to accomadate them. You may think there is something sinister behind this, but most Muslims don't want their children around some of American children's "values", like Johnny being tied to the Playstation and Susie weraring tank tops with her bra straps showing and Daisy Dukes up to her navel. As was stated in the article, they want their children to go to school to learn, so that they can recieve the higher education and maybe be better off than their parents were. Isn't that what every parent wants for their child?

what are they going to do for a university?..........a job?......a city to live in?

wanna bet?

lily
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
what are they going to do for a university?..........a job?......a city to live in?

wanna bet?

I'm not sure what you mean, that just because they are allowed their own grade shcool and high school that they are going to want seperate universities, seperate jobs and cities to live in? Sorry, that doesn't make much sense.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, that just because they are allowed their own grade shcool and high school that they are going to want seperate universities, seperate jobs and cities to live in? Sorry, that doesn't make much sense.

sure it does....they come to america...then don't want to go to our grade schools so they build their own....then they want their own high schools....they will then want their own universities....they already are refusing to give taxi rides to certain people and at some stores won't sell pork...it has already started....they want to live here just not with us....

gabosaurus
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
How is this different from fundy Catholic schools and such?

lily
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
sure it does....they come to america...then don't want to go to our grade schools so they build their own....then they want their own high schools....they will then want their own universities....they already are refusing to give taxi rides to certain people and at some stores won't sell pork...it has already started....they want to live here just not with us....

Are we going to go off topic already and discuss the refusal of taxi rides and not selling pork?

Ok......the taxi rides are for people that are carrying or have consumed alcohol, which is against their religion, as is the consumption of pork. I feel the same way about that as I do about Christians who refuse to sell birth control or the morning after pill. Get another job......but then we are talking about fully grown adults and not children, who are the parent's job to do what they think is best for them. As was already mentioned, it doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with Catholic Schools, or for that matter Jewish schools.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Are we going to go off topic already and discuss the refusal of taxi rides and not selling pork?

Ok......the taxi rides are for people that are carrying or have consumed alcohol, which is against their religion, as is the consumption of pork. I feel the same way about that as I do about Christians who refuse to sell birth control or the morning after pill. Get another job......but then we are talking about fully grown adults and not children, who are the parent's job to do what they think is best for them. As was already mentioned, it doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with Catholic Schools, or for that matter Jewish schools.

no those are jobs....i mentioned they will want jobs that will be controlled within their religion as well then i gave you examples that it is already happening when you siad my perdiciton din't make sense .... and yes people unwilling to do their job should be fired ..... (good thing the wife works huh:poke: ) cathloic and jewish schools are not know for their suicide bombers.....

lily
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
no those are jobs....i mentioned they will want jobs that will be controlled within their religion as well then i gave you examples that it is already happening when you siad my perdiciton din't make sense ....

Sorry, I took your post as if we give them a grade school and a high school, what are they going to demand next.

and yes people unwilling to do their job should be fired ..... (good thing the wife works huh:poke: )

Well, we agree......and not to nit-pick, but only the educated wives work in Muslim families for the most part.

cathloic and jewish schools are not know for their suicide bombers....

I am only using this example to make a point. (let the neg reps. start)

No, but those Catholics sure can reproduce and those Jews sure can lob bombs......sterotying works both ways. It doesn't change the fact that there was already a grade school and it obviously was just fine and dandy.

manu1959
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry, I took your post as if we give them a grade school and a high school, what are they going to demand next.
Well, we agree......and not to nit-pick, but only the educated wives work in Muslim families for the most part.

I am only using this example to make a point. (let the neg reps. start)

No, but those Catholics sure can reproduce and those Jews sure can lob bombs......sterotying works both ways. It doesn't change the fact that there was already a grade school and it obviously was just fine and dandy.

good luck with this...........:scared:

gabosaurus
04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't we keep a close watch on Catholic seminaries to keep watch on any pedophiles in the making?

Nienna
04-22-2007, 10:25 PM

Wait... wasn't there an outer-space alien invasion movie about this?

:)

04-23-2007, 03:34 AM

Do you see Catholics blowing themselves up for political reasons and killing others in the process?

KitchenKitten99
04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Wait... wasn't there an outer-space alien invasion movie about this?

:)
Ironically, I think it was "Independence Day" :coffee:

Nukeman
04-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Ironically, I think it was "Independence Day" :coffee:Nope think she is thinking of the Movie Alien Nation, which was made into a tv show as well...

LiberalNation
04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Do you see Catholics blowing themselves up for political reasons and killing others in the process?
Do you see a bunch of US students who also happen to be muslims blowing themselves up either.

KitchenKitten99
04-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Nope think she is thinking of the Movie Alien Nation, which was made into a tv show as well...

I thought they wanted to live with us in that movie/show? I remember watching the tv show, but I don't remember what it was about specifically, just that 'aliens' were citizens as well.

theHawk
04-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Shouldn't we keep a close watch on Catholic seminaries to keep watch on any pedophiles in the making?

Why? Do Catholics produce an abnormally high rate of pedophiles in our society? links?

Gaffer
04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
The muslim schools teach according to the koran and hadath. They do not teach assimilation into a culture. They teach the domination of that culture. They do not teach tolerance. They teach hatred of any but the muslim religion.

They are not comparable to catholics or jews or any other religious group and to compare them to any of those is just showing ignorance. mohamad was a pediphile himself. So that whole concept is accepted within the muslim religion.

It's a religion that condons murder, rape, lying and theft. All under the guise of holiness.

They don't need more schools here.

5stringJeff
04-23-2007, 10:54 AM

Christians aren't flying airplanes into buildings and killing thousands of innocent people in the hopes of getting laid for all eternity.

04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Christians aren't flying airplanes into buildings and killing thousands of innocent people in the hopes of getting laid for all eternity.

Of course we arent, we are smooth enough to get laid for all eternity without it :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

04-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you see a bunch of US students who also happen to be muslims blowing themselves up either.

That is exactly the point. With the secular schools we have an integration into national society. If there is a solely Islamic school people are rightly concerned that there wont be integration.

manu1959
04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
That is exactly the point. With the secular schools we have an integration into national society. If there is a solely Islamic school people are rightly concerned that there wont be integration.

i know people that went to chatholic grammar, middle, high and university...they are little out of touch

04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
i know people that went to chatholic grammar, middle, high and university...they are little out of touch

Ive seen the same, but id expect that they would be far more integrated in American society than those at a Muslim school.

manu1959
04-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Ive seen the same, but id expect that they would be far more integrated in American society than those at a Muslim school.

i agree....and as jeff pointed out they don't tend towards death and destruction in the name of their god....

gabosaurus
04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
The muslim schools teach according to the koran and hadath. They do not teach assimilation into a culture. They teach the domination of that culture. They do not teach tolerance. They teach hatred of any but the muslim religion.

They are not comparable to catholics or jews or any other religious group and to compare them to any of those is just showing ignorance. mohamad was a pediphile himself. So that whole concept is accepted within the muslim religion.

It's a religion that condons murder, rape, lying and theft. All under the guise of holiness.

I bet they teach better grammar and spelling than your school did. :laugh2:

Gaffer
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I bet they teach better grammar and spelling than your school did. :laugh2:

Can you read this? :fu:

lily
04-23-2007, 07:30 PM

Ireland.

lily
04-23-2007, 07:32 PM

I think you just made the perfect example of why a Muslim would want to keep their child in a Muslim school.......to sheild them from this hatred.

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I think you just made the perfect example of why a Muslim would want to keep their child in a Muslim school.......to sheild them from this hatred.
:clap: