PDA

View Full Version : Indiana's Evan Bayh to retire from Senate

82Marine89
02-15-2010, 12:19 PM
WASHINGTON – Sen. Evan Bayh, an Indiana Democrat who was on Barack Obama's list of vice presidential prospects in 2008, is ready to announce he won't seek another term, saying he's fed up with Congress.

"To put it in the words most Hoosiers can understand: I love working for the people of Indiana, I love helping our citizens make the most of their lives, but I do not love Congress," Bayh said in comments prepared for an announcement later Monday in Indianapolis. His statement was obtained by The Associated Press from a Democratic official who declined to be named publicly.

Bayh's departure continues a recent exodus from Congress among both Democrats and Republicans, including veteran Democrats Christopher Dodd of Connecticut and Patrick Kennedy of Mass. The announcements have sprung up in rapid-fire fashion amid polls showing a rising anti-incumbent fervor and voter anger over Washington partisanship, high unemployment, federal deficits and lucrative banking industry bonuses.

Read on... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100215/ap_on_el_se/us_senate_bayh_retires)

KarlMarx
02-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh ye brood of vipers, who has warned you of the wrath that is to come?

Drudge Report, Rush, Fox News, your constituents, your fellow Democrats behind closed doors when they think no one can hear.....

that's who

Mr. P
02-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh ye brood of vipers, who has warned you of the wrath that is to come?

Drudge Report, Rush, Fox News, your constituents, your fellow Democrats behind closed doors when they think no one can hear.....

that's who

Oh Yes, the Rats be jumpin ship before they are clubbed to death in November!

Nukeman
02-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh Yes, the Rats be jumpin ship before they are clubbed to death in November!
I was just telling my wife the same thing!! I think it is that they KNOW they have this country in such a MESS and NO WAY TO FIX IT... they are jumping ship so as not to be held responsible!!!

I think we should push a NO INCUMBENT campaign on ALL politicians. We should do our own term limits!!!

VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigg
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM
HAPPY DANCE :dance:

Abbey Marie
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Or maybe he too has a sex scandal brewing.

revelarts
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I was just telling my wife the same thing!! I think it is that they KNOW they have this country in such a MESS and NO WAY TO FIX IT... they are jumping ship so as not to be held responsible!!!

I think we should push a NO INCUMBENT campaign on ALL politicians. We should do our own term limits!!!

VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!! Write in none of the Above!

ZERO Dems ZERO Republicans. (except ron paul)
-Scuba Breathing noise- "They have failed us for the last time..."