PDA

View Full Version : I emailed Sarah Palin's PAC today

HogTrash
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I am not happy with Sarah Palin...

Her and Scott Brown have decided to stump for McCain's Senate race.

McCain's opponent is JD Hayworth, a true conservative.

The following is an email I sent to Palin's Political Action Commitee today.

Dear Mrs Palin;

I was under the impression you were going to make it your priority to back true conservative candidates.

I understand you are indebted to John McCain but you must bite the bullit and put America ahead of this political moderate.

His Cap and Trade, Gitmo and immigration policies, to name a few, are evidence that he is NOT the right candidate for conservatives.

JD Hayworth is a true conservative and if you really meant what you said about getting America and the GOP back on track you should be backing him.

I thought you were going to be the one to put America first and save our nation from the dangerous and destructive course we have been taken down.

I'm hoping and praying you will reconsider and do the right thing!...Please don't let us down.

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:10 PM

With that you've seen what was meant by the tea parties not wanting leadership being offered, rather they want some politicians that will follow the people.

Now we need to find those politicians.

chloe
02-15-2010, 08:11 PM

I don't like her.

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't like her.

She makes me very uncomfortable. She says lots of things I agree with, but there's more than a few things that strike the wrong cord. Like Obama, there seems no limits to what she doesn't know, that she is clueless to.

I get the feeling her instincts are right, but lack of experience and knowledge. She's too impatient to go for the gold, no time to learn the process. She'd sink just as Obama is.

chloe
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
She makes me very uncomfortable. She says lots of things I agree with, but there's more than a few things that strike the wrong cord. Like Obama, there seems no limits to what she doesn't know, that she is clueless to.

I get the feeling her instincts are right, but lack of experience and knowledge. She's too impatient to go for the gold, no time to learn the process. She'd sink just as Obama is.

LOL no kidden, electing her is like electing me:laugh2:

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
LOL no kidden, electing her is like electing me:laugh2:

Or me. Actually, either of us would probably be better, we know we'd be out of our depth! :laugh2:

chloe
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Or me. Actually, either of us would probably be better, we know we'd be out of our depth! :laugh2:

Actually I'd elect you Kathianne. You are pretty smart !

HogTrash
02-15-2010, 08:25 PM

I get the feeling her instincts are right, but lack of experience and knowledge. She's too impatient to go for the gold, no time to learn the process. She'd sink just as Obama is.Palin is a very intelligent woman.........As I have said before Kathianne.

You have been influenced by a fine tuned leftwing media's propaganda.

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:25 PM

So was Carter! :eek:

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Palin is a very intelligent woman.........As I have said before Kathianne.

blah, blah, blah! You really need to come up with some new lines. :laugh2:

chloe
02-15-2010, 08:29 PM
So was Carter! :eek:

LOL um you are alot better then Carter !!!!

Kathianne
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
LOL um you are alot better then Carter !!!!

Smart isn't enough. I don't have a clue whether Obama is smart or not, he's likely above average. Carter was brilliant. Palin? I think she is above average smarts, gifted at people skills-just look at how many adore her. She lacks experience and seems too to lack the insight that she does.

That's my opinion, which last I checked Hog, I'm still entitled to.

chloe
02-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Smart isn't enough. I don't have a clue whether Obama is smart or not, he's likely above average. Carter was brilliant. Palin? I think she is above average smarts, gifted at people skills-just look at how many adore her. She lacks experience and seems too to lack the insight that she does.

that makes sense

Agnapostate
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
His immigration policy is conservative. It entails a lack of state intrusion.

Jeff
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM

Kat is running for prez ? cool ya got my vote :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can't stand either one of em.
2. McCain is a inside politcal blow hard.
3. Palin is just a talker.
4. We need a *Man of Action*.
5. I don't know of one yet???

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
02-15-2010, 09:25 PM

They are all very smart or they wouldn't of been smart enough to lie steal and borrow there way into politics

After seeing Obama in action I am not so sure experience is of much importance, what is important is what these politicians want to do with there so called intelligence , Obama is on a mission to make a name for himself in history, he already has as the first black president but he wants more, his policies are not in our best interest, he wishes to ram Healthcare down our throats to make history

If Sarah Palin would come forward and explain how she would like to see our future go I would love to hear it, until then she is just another pretty face in the crowd

HogTrash
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM

That's my opinion, which last I checked Hog, I'm still entitled to.And still are Kat. :thumb:

I just hate it when people allow their opinions to be influenced by an agenda driven left-wing media and especially political correctness.

My pet peeves. :o

Yes, I too have been affected, but I have wised up and now realize that when everybody wises up our problems will be solved. :beer:

HogTrash
02-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kathianne
I don't have a clue whether Obama is smart or not, he's likely above average.IMO Obama is not all that smart.

He has spent 1.7 million dollars to keep his school records and IQ from public scrutiny...There's a message there, don't you think?

DragonStryk72
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Palin is a very intelligent woman.........As I have said before Kathianne.

They're not debating her intelligence, Hog, they're just saying she wasn't ready for the big show, which she wasn't, McCain snagged her out of nowhere cause she was a hockey mom who would look good on camera. Then she had the audacity to an opinion, and apparently, that seriously bugged McCain.

Still can't believe the bastard tried to put the whole election loss at her feet.

sgtdmski
02-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Well John McCain is not a true conservative, his is a very honorable man. I have no problem supporting him or Sarah for supporting him.

I guess my prejudice is that I am former Military, and how can you not support a former member of the military. ALthough there are issues that I may disagree with that McCain supports, compared to Obama he is the winner.

Regardless of what you think, McCain has always remained true to his principles, he has not changed the with the times, but has remained steadfast.

I agree with Sarah supporting him, if not for McCain, Sarah would not be on the national stage. Being an Alaskan you know how much I love her!!!!!!

dmk

darin
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Sarah Palin makes me TOO comfortable...

:dreamy:

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 05:29 AM
And still are Kat. :thumb:

I just hate it when people allow their opinions to be influenced by an agenda driven left-wing media and especially political correctness.

My pet peeves. :o

Yes, I too have been affected, but I have wised up and now realize that when everybody wises up our problems will be solved. :beer:

Among my pet peeves are logical fallacies. You do not KNOW why Obama hasn't released school records. My guess, which is every bit as good as those coming from the sites you echo, would be that it has to do with perhaps affirmative action demands, legacy factor at Harvard, Marxist type writings or affiliations, perhaps disciplinary actions of some sort. Any or more of these could be possible reasons.

I do not believe or write from a 'political correctness' point of view, but my own. I have and have had no problem writing about illegals, low expectations regarding education among most on welfare, substance abuse among welfare recipients coupled with crippling the schools with agendas that can't be met at the cost of education.

Hog, you have got to get over the idea that somehow you are brighter, more knowing, what have you than anyone that doesn't agree with you. If I've been PC at all, it's been letting you spout off the charge against myself and too many others without calling you out.

I like you, but I will not let you do this velvet glove bullying without response.

HogTrash
02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Among my pet peeves are logical fallacies. You do not KNOW why Obama hasn't released school records. My guess, which is every bit as good as those coming from the sites you echo, would be that it has to do with perhaps affirmative action demands, legacy factor at Harvard, Marxist type writings or affiliations, perhaps disciplinary actions of some sort. Any or more of these could be possible reasons.

I do not believe or write from a 'political correctness' point of view, but my own. I have and have had no problem writing about illegals, low expectations regarding education among most on welfare, substance abuse among welfare recipients coupled with crippling the schools with agendas that can't be met at the cost of education.

Hog, you have got to get over the idea that somehow you are brighter, more knowing, what have you than anyone that doesn't agree with you. If I've been PC at all, it's been letting you spout off the charge against myself and too many others without calling you out.

I like you, but I will not let you do this velvet glove bullying without response.I realize my approach is direct and arrogant with a know it all attitude but our nation is in a lot more trouble than people seem to realize.

I am well aware of how I come across to others but we simply don't have the time to beat around the bush.

If we don't face up to the real causes of our problems we are going to be in a lot of trouble real soon.

Gaffer
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM

I like you, but I will not let you do this velvet glove bullying without response.

Gotta spread the rep.

HogTrash
02-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Gotta spread the rep.I'm sorry you feel that way but like it or not, I am right.

I have been paying close attention for a very long time.

DragonStryk72
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Well John McCain is not a true conservative, his is a very honorable man. I have no problem supporting him or Sarah for supporting him.

I guess my prejudice is that I am former Military, and how can you not support a former member of the military. ALthough there are issues that I may disagree with that McCain supports, compared to Obama he is the winner.

Regardless of what you think, McCain has always remained true to his principles, he has not changed the with the times, but has remained steadfast.

I agree with Sarah supporting him, if not for McCain, Sarah would not be on the national stage. Being an Alaskan you know how much I love her!!!!!!

dmk

Actually, I'm military, and I do not support McCain, because he dropped the whole loss of the election in Palin's lap, which was horribly unfair. His campaign was badly run, with McCain towing the BushCo. line, destroying his "maverick" status.

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I realize my approach is direct and arrogant with a know it all attitude but our nation is in a lot more trouble than people seem to realize.

I am well aware of how I come across to others but we simply don't have the time to beat around the bush.

If we don't face up to the real causes of our problems we are going to be in a lot of trouble real soon.

However, you couldn't be more wrong. Got it? You're just wrong. I don't have time to beat around the bush either. Well maybe I could make the time, I'm tired of doing so.

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way but like it or not, I am right.

I have been paying close attention for a very long time.

No. You. Are. Not. You are wrong.

Nukeman
02-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Exactly!!!!!!!!! Just because you DON'T agree with hog you must have been brain washed or your too PC... Give me a break!!!

crin63
02-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Personally, I like Palin. I would vote for her without reservation.

I had been reading about her and the accomplishments she had in Alaska months before McCain tapped her to be his V.P.

This is no stupid woman. Obviously not very adept at interviews early on but she could not have gotten to where she did if she were stupid. I would like to see her kick McCain to the curb but on the other hand loyalty does have some merit as well. She should thank him publicly, express the difference in their views and then distance herself from him IMHO.

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Personally, I like Palin. I would vote for her without reservation.

I had been reading about her and the accomplishments she had in Alaska months before McCain tapped her to be his V.P.

This is no stupid woman. Obviously not very adept at interviews early on but she could not have gotten to where she did if she were stupid. I would like to see her kick McCain to the curb but on the other hand loyalty does have some merit as well. She should thank him publicly, express the difference in their views and then distance herself from him IMHO.

Obama was able to do the same, how's that working out for the country? Experience counts, as much or moreso than 'smarts.'

chesswarsnow
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think SirHogtrash is way ahead of most trains of thought here.
2. Times running out on America.
3. This Country is rapidly sinking, and much of it is due to Political Correctness.
4. If you denie this, you're just fooling yourself.
5. Makes no difference, its still eating you up inside.
6. Making people into shells, and without original thinking powers.
7. Cast aside all the PC bullshit, cut it off, and fling it from yourselves, its going to kill you in the end.
8. Everyone should be judged on who they are, and how they act, and not given the shadow of a doubt, untill its known who they are.
9. The days left for this Country are growing smaller, if that can happen???:laugh2:
10. Its put up or shut up time folks, time to put up,....the PC horseshit.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Agnapostate
02-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Shut up, fool. HogWash's white populism won't run ten yards without falling on its face because of the meager and petty grievances of that sort of people. Perceptions of "political correctness" limiting free speech (which is actually an absence of Eurocentric garbage that disparages non-European cultural tendencies in a kneejerk manner, itself being more rigid than "political correctness"), aren't comparable to slavery or genocide. The Indian and black masses in the Americas subjugated to wage slavery because of various European nations' importation of capitalism have far more substantive grievances and a history of violent political conflict and willingness to fill enemies with holes that white populists complaining about affirmative action lack.

HogTrash
02-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Everybody acknowledges that political correctness is a problem, yet everybody denies that they are politically correct.

If this were the case, political correctness wouldn't be a problem at all...Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

crin63
02-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Obama was able to do the same, how's that working out for the country? Experience counts, as much or moreso than 'smarts.'

So 16 years of experience as a City Council Member, Mayor, Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and Governor of Alaska are not experience then? With your criteria no one will be qualified.

Agnapostate
02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Obama governed more people as president of the Harvard Law Review than Palin did as mayor of Wasilla. :laugh:

Jeff
02-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Obama governed more people as president of the Harvard Law Review than Palin did as mayor of Wasilla. :laugh:

Man and all that experience is really paying off isn't it :poke: he is doing a bang up job

Ag it is a waste to see such a smart young man act like a fool, put your gift to good, stop being a ass

Agnapostate
02-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Man and all that experience is really paying off isn't it :poke: he is doing a bang up job

Ag it is a waste to see such a smart young man act like a fool, put your gift to good, stop being a ass

He's doing the job that U.S. consensus politics entails; pretend to promote deviation from political orthodoxy while only marginally changing actual policies. It's the role of every major politician in the U.S.

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM
So 16 years of experience as a City Council Member, Mayor, Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and Governor of Alaska are not experience then? Not the types of experience needed for the Presidency. Neither was community organizer; part-time U of C Constitutional Law Prof; editor of Harvard (or any) Law Review. Experience? Yes. For the Presidency of US? No.

I've already outlined the types of experience I consider relevant to the position.With your criteria no one will be qualified.

Hope that clears things up. BTW, like Hog, don't tell me or others what we should think. You can say why you think those CV entries you listed do qualify someone for the presidency, I may be convinced.

crin63
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Hope that clears things up. BTW, like Hog, don't tell me or others what we should think. You can say why you think those CV entries you listed do qualify someone for the presidency, I may be convinced.

I really cant think of a polite way to reply, so I'll just avoid addressing you in the future since it seems as though expressing my views and beliefs are somehow taken to be telling you what to believe. :salute:

HogTrash
02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I really cant think of a polite way to reply, so I'll just avoid addressing you in the future since it seems as though expressing my views and beliefs are somehow taken to be telling you what to believe. :salute:Many people are having a tough time clearing their minds of the anti-Palin propaganda that the main stream media spent the last 18 months hammering in there.

chesswarsnow
02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But if anyones certifiable to be President its Palin.
2. She was a Gov. which is key.
3. So she is way over qualified.
4. What was Obama now?
5. Some rag tag organizer?
6. And a short term run of the mill senator?
7. I don't like her much, but she was a better pick than McCain, whom I think is to left for the conservative party.
8. Just my two cents.
9. Which is worth a quarter to most others two cents.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey Hog, Crin, anyone else that consistently decide they know what others are or should be thinking...

I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm trying not to get pissed off by you.

HT, I read plenty of things from right, left, center; I'm quite certain I read as much or more than most on the board.

I'm not 'PC', 'Brainwashed', an idiot, ignorant, a tool or fool. Nor have I said or implied I think anyone else is. I don't respond to your posts as 'racist propaganda influenced bs.' Or that you are 'projecting early environmental traumas from individuals onto generalized populations that may or may not deserve it.' I try to just respond to what you said, not what I may or may not think your motivations are. It's not my place.

Crin sort of nailed what I think a few are doing around here, 'Take whatever crap we want to give out, to question or call it out, we'll stop responding.'

Whatever.

stephanie
02-16-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't like the fact Palin is stumping for McCain ( I think it's time for McCain to retire and let it go to some new blood), but can understand it out of loyalty for him picking her for his V.P. Hopefully she will stump once and move on.

As for Palin running for President, 2012 might not be the right time for her, who knows, only time will tell.

I support Palin because she was my Governor and she did a fine job there, so I guess you could call me a Palin partisan hack.:thumb:

chesswarsnow
02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

Hey Hog, Crin, anyone else that consistently decide they know what others are or should be thinking...

HT, I read plenty of things from right, left, center; I'm quite certain I read as much or more than most on the board.

I'm not 'PC', 'Brainwashed', an idiot, ignorant, a tool or fool. Nor have I said or implied I think anyone else is. I don't respond to your posts as 'racist propaganda influenced bs.' Or that you are 'projecting early environmental traumas from individuals onto generalized populations that may or may not deserve it.' I try to just respond to what you said, not what I may or may not think your motivations are. It's not my place.

Crin sort of nailed what I think a few are doing around here, 'Take whatever crap we want to give out, to question or call it out, we'll stop responding.'

Whatever.

1. I know what your thinking, so stop thinking that!
2. You need to start thinking what I'm thinking,...now,...okay,.......there you go,...yeah,...I'm finally getting into you head,....here i am, I'm standing up,. sure is hollow in here,...plenty of room to bring in some furniture too,....maybe I put a heywood wakefield keyhole desk up in here???,........
3. Now,...that we have an understanding, give me rep!!!!:laugh2:
4. Hey guys, I think you finally got to her, she's just about to break,......
5. And come over to reality, nice!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't like the fact Palin is stumping for McCain ( I think it's time for McCain to retire and let it go to some new blood), but can understand it out of loyalty for him picking her for his V.P. Hopefully she will stump once and move on.

As for Palin running for President, 2012 might not be the right time for her, who knows, only time will tell.

I support Palin because she was my Governor and she did a fine job there, so I guess you could call me a Palin partisan hack.:thumb:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stephanie again.

I wouldn't call you or anyone supporting Palin a 'partisan hack.' Indeed I've posted numerous times that I agree with many if not most of what she's said. I just don't think she's enough experience at the national, international level to qualify yet. Neither did Obama and it shows. It's costing our country way too much. She could get the experience, I'm just unsure she really wants to do that-it would take time, lots of it.

OTOH, she's currently the most effective speaker, not too mention by far the most popular of all the conservatives. She IS conservative and that message she carries well. She's beyond excellent on television, a chance for her to cater to what she cares about, influence where the GOP goes, while caring for her young family both financially and in person, something that wouldn't happen if she chases the Senate or an ambassador position if that opportunity arose.

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I know what your thinking, so stop thinking that!
2. You need to start thinking what I'm thinking,...now,...okay,.......there you go,...yeah,...I'm finally getting into you head,....here i am, I'm standing up,. sure is hollow in here,...plenty of room to bring in some furniture too,....maybe I put a heywood wakefield keyhole desk up in here???,........
3. Now,...that we have an understanding, give me rep!!!!:laugh2:
4. Hey guys, I think you finally got to her, she's just about to break,......
5. And come over to reality, nice!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
:laugh2: Right, that's what is going on. In your dreams, Swampy. ;)

stephanie
02-16-2010, 09:03 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stephanie again.

I wouldn't call you or anyone supporting Palin a 'partisan hack.' Indeed I've posted numerous times that I agree with many if not most of what she's said. I just don't think she's enough experience at the national, international level to qualify yet. Neither did Obama and it shows. It's costing our country way too much. She could get the experience, I'm just unsure she really wants to do that-it would take time, lots of it.

OTOH, she's currently the most effective speaker, not too mention by far the most popular of all the conservatives. She IS conservative and that message she carries well. She's beyond excellent on television, a chance for her to cater to what she cares about, influence where the GOP goes, while caring for her young family both financially and in person, something that wouldn't happen if she chases the Senate or an ambassador position if that opportunity arose.

I understood all your reasons you have been saying Kat, like I said, let her get on the National stage, start speaking about what she thinks our Federal Government should do and not do, what she would do and not do, then people can decide.:beer:

Kathianne
02-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I understood all your reasons you have been saying Kat, like I said, let her get on the National stage, start speaking about what she thinks our Federal Government should do and not do, what she would do and not do, then people can decide.:beer:

Oh they will, regardless of my opinion or anything I might write, say, or do. :laugh2: All I can give is my opinion and the reasoning behind it.

Jeff
02-16-2010, 10:28 PM
:laugh2: Right, that's what is going on. In your dreams, Swampy. ;)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Damn I thought James had ya all figured out, LOL

crin63
02-16-2010, 11:20 PM

Whatever.

Well I guess you are going to have to explain this to me simply because I clearly do not understand. To my knowledge I have never done any of those things to you. I have been about as respectful toward you as I can be. Since I have no idea what I did I cant change it and therefore figured it was best to simply leave you alone so you're not offended.

SassyLady
02-17-2010, 03:04 AM
I like Palin...I personally think she has as much experience as Ronald Regan, Jimmy Carter, Bush, Clinton..........etc...or any other governor that ended up as president.

Am I happy with her support of McCain? No. (and I'm definitely associated with the military - married to a warrior and sister of a warrior).

Would I vote for her in 2012? Depends on where America is in 2012....at war? In a full blown depression with the economy in ruins? Immigration totally out of control? I will vote for the person who I think can best defend this country and rebuild it....who knows who that might be? Perhaps it will be Palin or someone who hasn't made it to the national stage yet.

The point is that I will attempt to make sure that I never get too embroiled with, or against, any one individual to the point that I cannot see if they are working on what is best for America or what is best for themselves and their political party.

All of us need to keep an open mind and LISTEN to these people ourselves and not depend on the media, pundits or board posters to tell us what to think/believe about individuals who run for President.

Kathianne
02-17-2010, 05:00 AM
I like Palin...I personally think she has as much experience as Ronald Regan, Jimmy Carter, Bush, Clinton..........etc...or any other governor that ended up as president.

Am I happy with her support of McCain? No. (and I'm definitely associated with the military - married to a warrior and sister of a warrior).

Would I vote for her in 2012? Depends on where America is in 2012....at war? In a full blown depression with the economy in ruins? Immigration totally out of control? I will vote for the person who I think can best defend this country and rebuild it....who knows who that might be? Perhaps it will be Palin or someone who hasn't made it to the national stage yet.

The point is that I will attempt to make sure that I never get too embroiled with, or against, any one individual to the point that I cannot see if they are working on what is best for America or what is best for themselves and their political party.

All of us need to keep an open mind and LISTEN to these people ourselves and not depend on the media, pundits or board posters to tell us what to think/believe about individuals who run for President.

Hey, we all have the right to regard all experiences as equal, no problem there. Americans have been doing just that since the beginning. My posts have had to do with my posting my opinions on why I like a person, what they say, while not finding their experience enough for MY vote, not yours or someone else's. They all count the same on election day. I don't find Palin's experiences on the same level as Reagan's-someone I didn't vote for. Why?

Even in the 70's CA in population, variety of industries, infrastructure, tax base, diversity of the state, government, education, etc., made it the equal of one of the top 15 economies in the world, perhaps higher. I believe today it's number 5?

He successfully governed that state for 8 years. He'd also been involved for more than 20 years, politically with the Screen Actors Guild during some very tumultuous times, including the McCarthy era with blacklisting, while he himself was quite to the left. During these years he seemed to have the character to get along with those he agreed with, those he didn't, was able to not only listen, but hear and consider what was said to them. Indeed over time he became more and more conservative.

Thus his 'executive abilities' were developed and honed, while raising a family for well over 30 years.

Carter? Well on that particular example we agree. Executive of GA did not equate with governing the US, especially with challenges on the economy and arising foreign threats. He laid lots of the unstable base on what we're still dealing with today. A total fail.

GHW Bush had a vast array of experiences in business, intelligence, diplomacy, and legislating. He didn't have 1/98th the personality of a Reagan or Palin, though much better than Carter. He major failed with 'Read my lips...'

Clinton got a bit lucky and also had a personality that managed to carry him through troubling times, much of his own making. Governor of Arkansas wasn't enough experience, IMO, however perhaps the loss between his wins helped him be able to react to many domestic crisis with some self-depreciating humor, (a quality GW also had), that helped him get through.

Clinton was the practical, adaptive super politico. In the beginning, for about 6 months, he was much like Obama has been, with similar results. Pushing attempts for 'big change.' His administration also had a scandal a week, before the special prosecutor of his second term. This of course was during the time of a less divided, less jaded electorate. He also knew how to 'take responsibility' and change course. The change over in Congress helped him alot, putting his administration on a much better course economically. All in all, he got lucky, he made alot of his luck, and people liked him. I didn't, but many did and still do.

GW didn't have enough experience to be facing a problem from without that few understood the depth of danger. His experience though in TX was based upon conciliation with opposing points of views. His terms were during a huge growth in TX, downsizing of oil while growing in technology and population growth. A huge state, with both big cities, rural towns, and massive agriculture. His relations with Mexico should have tipped us off with how he would address illegal immigration, but I at least didn't ask the right questions with that one.

He hoped to do in a different way, much of what Obama is now doing, 9/11 changed his agenda from domestic to war. He managed to segue the crisis back to domestic in the last 2 years with disastrous results IMO. He grew the deficits, and tried government interference coupled with continuing a two front war. He laid the top foundation of the super skyscrapers of deficit that Obama has been building at record rates.

In all honesty I doubt anyone has enough experiences to run the US, though historically it appears to me that the most successful have substantial executive ability, a good understanding of legislative process, good personalities, flexibility, and enough honesty and self-awareness to avoid huge problems. Mean spiritedness, (Carter, Obama), can cause not only gridlock but mistrust of the electorate.

Of all the presidents listed, the only one who seems to have been widely considered successful to most people would be Reagan, IMO. While there were several things done during his administration that I think have contributed to some problems with us today, in the main he guided the country into more stable times, following the disasters of Vietnam, Nixon and Carter.

If Palin should run and enough vote for her, how it would turn out? I don't know. I have my guesses, same as the rest of the country. I just see more qualities of Obama reversed than experiences of a Reagan.