PDA

View Full Version : Podesta: American political system 'sucks'

red states rule
02-16-2010, 09:15 AM
John Podesta worked for the Obama campaign, worked in the Clinton White House, and runs a left wing George Soros think tank

One would think with Dems running the things in DC, Podesta would be in hog heaven. He thought Dems would be busy ending poverty, spreading the wealth around, ending wars, rehabiliting terrorists, refreezing the polor ice caps, and saving the polor bears

But in reality, Podesta is pissed off Dems can't get things done, and their liberal policies are causing more problems then they solve

Washington (CNN) - John Podesta, president of the Center for American Progress, can describe the state of Washington politics with a single word. And it's not a nice one.

Asked in an interview with the Financial Times to comment on "the health of American political system," Podesta responded: "Sucks."

Podesta made the remark with a chuckle, but the man who chaired President Obama's transition team expressed deep concern about the White House's ability to pass big ticket items in the current political climate.

He blamed much of the gridlock on Republicans and a newly "strengthened" conservative movement.

"I think the president is trying to re-engage with Republicans, but quite frankly he is not dealing with the party of Lincoln, he is dealing with the party of Palin and the party of McConnell and the party of Boehner," Podesta said in the interview, which was filmed and posted online Monday. "They have a political strategy, really, which is that fierce opposition, trying to say no to everything will endure to their political benefit, and so far it looks like that is working for them, so I don't see them changing all that much."

But he also reserved a healthy dose of criticism for the Obama administration, which he said focused too much on the inside game of Congress during the health care debate, instead of communicating their broader goals to the electorate, particularly to independent voters.

"All the concentration was on working the inside legislative process and I think they paid a price for that, in my mind, the administration paid a price for that because I think the narrative was all about the deals and not what was in it, what the substance of what the legislation was and how it connected to the broader project" of improving people's lives and strengthening the economy, Podesta said.

Podesta, who was also Bill Clinton's final White House chief of staff, said he is optimistic that a health care bill can still be passed, along with new energy legislation.

"I'm not as despairing as all that to think that he still can't move forward," he said of the president. "He still has avenues open to him."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/15/podesta-american-political-system-sucks/?fbid=Amz4U_AlIN5

Gaffer
02-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Damn those voters they're screwing up everything.

red states rule
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Damn those voters they're screwing up everything.

Yea, damn those racist Nazi's. :laugh2:

The fear on the left is a wonderful thing to watch

red states rule
02-22-2010, 10:36 AM
I am glad to see the few conservatives allowed on these round tables do speak up and tell the truth

Will: Government's Only 'Broken' When Left Can't Enact Its Agenda

George Will said Sunday that people only talk about the government being broken when the Left is having trouble enacting its agenda.

During the Roundtable segment on ABC's "This Week," "Nightline" host Terry Moran brought up the recent announcement by Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) that he would not seek reelection in November because "Congress is not operating as it should."

When the baton was tossed to him, Will said, "[W]ith metronomic regularity, we go through these moments in Washington where we complain about the government being broken. These moments have one thing in common: The Left is having trouble enacting its agenda."

Will followed by noting, "No one when George W. Bush had trouble reforming Social Security said, 'Oh, that's terrible - the government's broken'"

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/02/21/george-will-governments-only-considered-broken-when-left-having-troub#ixzz0gHOHzD15

PostmodernProphet
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
the vast right wing conspiracy is just getting vaster.....

stephanie
02-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Podesta sucked during the Clinton administration and he still sucks today.

there I said it.:laugh2:

red states rule
02-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Now the Washington Post is running stories about worried Democrats who are seeing how badly the Hope and Change Express is continuing to sputter

Democrats worried about Obama track record

WASHINGTON -- Democratic governors said Sunday they worry about President Barack Obama's track record on fighting Republican political attacks and urged him to better connect with anxious voters. Some allies pleaded for a new election-year strategy focused on the economy.

"It's got to be better thought out," Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell said. "It's got to be more proactive." And, he said, Democrats must hit back just as hard as they are hit by Republicans.

Eight months before the first midterm elections of Obama's presidency, most Americans are frustrated with - even angered by - persistent unemployment and gridlock in Washington. Democrats fear voters will punish the party in power.

The titular head of his party, Obama has watched his own popularity drop over the past year. He will bear at least some responsibility for the outcome in November, and Democrats are looking to him for political fixes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/21/AR2010022102967.html