PDA

View Full Version : Obama To Start His "Save The Senate" Tour

red states rule
02-17-2010, 07:13 AM
I am sure Pres Obama will be as successful in this endeavor as his stimulus bill, Cash For Clunkers, and his campaign efforts in VA, NJ, and MA

Pres Obama does have that special touch in everything his does

President Obama kicks off what might be called his "Save the Senate" tour this week, heading west to campaign for two embattled Democrats trailing badly against Republican challengers - including Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada.

With high-profile Democrats already bailing out of re-election campaigns - Sen. Evan Bayh's decision on Monday to drop out of the race in Indiana brings the number of retirees to five - Mr. Obama is putting his popularity and fundraising prowess on the line as he tries to help his party hold the majority in the Senate.

Local Republicans are salivating at the prospect of Mr. Obama dropping into town to campaign for their opponents.

"The hardworking families in Nevada see right through any type of political dog-and-pony shows taking place this week in Las Vegas," said former state Sen. Sue Lowden, a Republican running for Mr. Reid's seat. "No amount of campaign cash will buy back the trust of voters and convince them that he deserves another six years."
Even Democratic strategists say a visit by the president - whose poll numbers have plummeted since taking office - carries risks for his fellow Democrats.

"It's definitely a gamble," said Democratic strategist Liz Chadderdon. "A handshake that raises $1 million now could cost them the election later."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/16/sagging-senators-seek-obama-bump/

HogTrash
02-17-2010, 07:51 AM
It's more like a "save his lame black marxist ass" tour.

red states rule
02-17-2010, 07:57 AM
It's more like a "save his lame black marxist ass" tour.

No so fast. It will be more like "It's All Bush's fault" tour. Obama is so dense, he actually beleives he is doing an outstanding job, and all the blame for his failures should be placed on the doorstep of Pres Bush, Fox news, conservative talk radio, and the Tea Party folks

It not for them telling the truth about his polcies, and the acutal results of those policies, he would still have a 80% plus approval rating

Aftar all, one year ago today, Obama signed his "stimulus" bill into law, and he said the stimulus bill would ensure unemployment would not go above 8%

Obama has said the stimulus bill has "saved/created" millions of jobs

But those damn Tea Party folks, Rush, Sean, and Fox News keep telling the truth, and making Obama look bad

Joyful HoneyBee
02-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Life is just one long ongoing campaign trail.

Jeff
02-17-2010, 10:59 PM
The American people are Hip to Obama's campaigning , there is nothing he can do at this point , although he did get elected so who knows how stupid people can be:eek:

Joyful HoneyBee
02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Actually, people can be quite stupid...often allowing themselves to be herded like cattle. I'm sure, Jeff, that you see it on the highway all the time, the way people clump up in traffic. There will be long open spaces and then groups of idiots trying to play bumper cars. That is indicative of the kind of mentality that gets the wrong people elected to office.

I hope that people have felt the sting enough to not play ball with liberals this fall. I like my mom's idea...get rid of everyone in office and start with a fresh batch, but where o' where do we find honest politicians? It just seems like such an oxymoron to me.

red states rule
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
The American people are Hip to Obama's campaigning , there is nothing he can do at this point , although he did get elected so who knows how stupid people can be:eek:

I hope Obama hits the trail and stumps for every Dem he can. Like in NJ, VA, and MA when the Dem loses, we will here from the liberal media how the candidates sucked, ran a lousy campaign - and the loss in no way can be blamed on Obama and his policies

red states rule
02-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Actually, people can be quite stupid...often allowing themselves to be herded like cattle. I'm sure, Jeff, that you see it on the highway all the time, the way people clump up in traffic. There will be long open spaces and then groups of idiots trying to play bumper cars. That is indicative of the kind of mentality that gets the wrong people elected to office.

I hope that people have felt the sting enough to not play ball with liberals this fall. I like my mom's idea...get rid of everyone in office and start with a fresh batch, but where o' where do we find honest politicians? It just seems like such an oxymoron to me.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resuqbf4/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/PC-Fly-Partisan.jpg