PDA

View Full Version : Humility

loosecannon
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Jimmy closed the thread just before i was gonna post.

So I will begin a new one.

Shattered opened a thread just to do something that nobody else on this board has been big enough to do recently: admit making a mistake, or being wrong.

By doing that she made us all look small. Tho that wasn't her intention.

In debate, being willing to admit being wrong is part of the give and take that makes it real. In fact the difference between a real discussion/debate and a mere argument has a lot to do with whether you honor the integrity of your position in relation to the competing ideas.

Shattered deserves some recognition for proving herself bigger than almost everybody else here. Including me.

A lot of talk was wagered about somebody being willing to take the first step toward a truce.

Who did take the first steps?

Mr. P
04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Jimmy closed the thread just before i was gonna post.

So I will begin a new one.

Shattered opened a thread just to do something that nobody else on this board has been big enough to do recently: admit making a mistake, or being wrong.

By doing that she made us all look small. Tho that wasn't her intention.

In debate, being willing to admit being wrong is part of the give and take that makes it real. In fact the difference between a real discussion/debate and a mere argument has a lot to do with whether you honor the integrity of your position in relation to the competing ideas.

Shattered deserves some recognition for proving herself bigger than almost everybody else here. Including me.

A lot of talk was wagered about somebody being willing to take the first step toward a truce.

Who did take the first steps?

Many here have admitted to being wrong...watch and you'll see, you haven't been here long enough to judge the whole board.

darin
04-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Re-opening topics which are closed = No-No