PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't Republicans allowed to think for themselves?

gabosaurus
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Funny things going on in Congress.
Democratic legislators are allowed, even encouraged, to debate topics and disagree with the party line on various issues. But the Republican members of Congress are expected to vote as a block on everything.
Take the newest member of Congress, Mass. senator Scott Brown. He was the darling of the Conservative set when he won Ted Kennedy's seat.
But all Brown had to do was vote for a jobs bills endorsed by the Obama administration and he was immediately labeled as a "turncoat" and threatened with sanctions. Seems Republicans are now allowed to vote as they choose. They have to take orders.
Sounds like communism to me. Vote as you are told to.

02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
We are thinking for ourselves. Otherwise, we'd agree with you on everything and what would be the point of having two parties?

stephanie
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
LOL, this coming from the person who followed like a sheep with calling people, Teabaggers.:laugh2:

Sir Evil
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Democratic legislators are allowed, even encouraged, to debate topics and disagree with the party line on various issues. But the Republican members of Congress are expected to vote as a block on everything.
Take the newest member of Congress, Mass. senator Scott Brown. He was the darling of the Conservative set when he won Ted Kennedy's seat.
But all Brown had to do was vote for a jobs bills endorsed by the Obama administration and he was immediately labeled as a "turncoat" and threatened with sanctions. Seems Republicans are now allowed to vote as they choose. They have to take orders.

http://i48.tinypic.com/34spl03.jpg

Kathianne
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM

What sanctions was Brown threatened with? Was he forced to change his vote? BTW, wasn't that a vote to allow the bill to come to the floor?

stephanie
02-23-2010, 08:37 PM
It's touching to see the left all worried about Republican Scott Brown.

I guess Gabs hasn't been watching the damn RUBBER STAMPING with Democrats in Congress voting in lockstep for every stupid bill they have thrown out.

Jeff
02-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Y'all disagree with Gabs so you are all Racist :laugh2:

I do have to wonder if Gabby felt this same way when the Dems blocked every thing her buddy GW was doing or trying, Gabs I understand you are young but this political BS goes on all the time, our politicians vote party lines, right now the Republicans know if they just kick back and wait they will win big in November, if the sides were changed the Dems would be doing the same, I know you don't believe that but it is a fact, Google it :laugh2:

red states rule
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM

He is allowed to think for himself Gabby. I want to explain why he voted for the $15 Billion "jobs bill" after he said the trillion dollar stimulus bill did not create a single job

And where is the money coming from?

HogTrash
02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Vote as you are told to.A personal question Gabby?

Have you ever had an original thought?

You know, one that wasn't PC or Party generated?