PDA

View Full Version : Stupid schools

jimnyc
02-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Phone rang at 5am this morning, was an "automated" message from the school district notifying us that the schools will have an early dismissal today. Gotta fight with these idiots on the road and entering the school to wait on line for 50 cars to drop him off, only to return 2 hours later and do the same to pick him up. Hell, it's not even supposed to snow here until some time this evening, and might even be rain depending on how the winds shift. Just raining here at the moment and about 35 degrees. Supposed to turn over to rain/snow mixture at about 6pm and not all snow until about 9pm.

The only good thing is that I don't have to take him to his karate class tonight at the local YMCA. I hate that place!

Jeff
02-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Phone rang at 5am this morning, was an "automated" message from the school district notifying us that the schools will have an early dismissal today. Gotta fight with these idiots on the road and entering the school to wait on line for 50 cars to drop him off, only to return 2 hours later and do the same to pick him up. Hell, it's not even supposed to snow here until some time this evening, and might even be rain depending on how the winds shift. Just raining here at the moment and about 35 degrees. Supposed to turn over to rain/snow mixture at about 6pm and not all snow until about 9pm.

The only good thing is that I don't have to take him to his karate class tonight at the local YMCA. I hate that place!

But now ya have to fix lunch and listen to his wants all day :laugh2: as for the karate he might practice on you tonight
:laugh2:

glockmail
02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Great government school system?

jimnyc
02-26-2010, 05:49 AM
It rained for about one and a half days prior to the snow arriving, and this is what my back yard looked like (neighbors on either side have backyards angled towards our property, and ours turns into a lake whenever we have major rain):

http://i45.tinypic.com/xf229.jpg

It turned into complete snow last night around 7pm and with it came heavy winds. It's doing the same right now and no sign of letting up. About 8 inches on top of the lake, even though this picture is out towards the front of my house showing the accumulation.

http://i50.tinypic.com/16ln0q9.jpg

chloe
02-26-2010, 06:30 AM
looks cold

Kathianne
02-26-2010, 06:31 AM
It rained for about one and a half days prior to the snow arriving, and this is what my back yard looked like (neighbors on either side have backyards angled towards our property, and ours turns into a lake whenever we have major rain):

http://i45.tinypic.com/xf229.jpg

It turned into complete snow last night around 7pm and with it came heavy winds. It's doing the same right now and no sign of letting up. About 8 inches on top of the lake, even though this picture is out towards the front of my house showing the accumulation.

http://i50.tinypic.com/16ln0q9.jpg

Now that is a lot of snow added to the lake. When it drains we can all get together, swing, and play a bit of b-ball. ;)

Jeff
02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Damn I hate it for y'all up there, we have a cold front down here also, was suppose to be down around 25 last nigh and then up on the 50's during the day today :laugh2: it is freezing :laugh2:OOO yea and it is sunny as can be, blue sky, just a bad winter day :laugh2:

jimnyc
02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
I just finished round #1 of shoveling and am about to die. I seriously underestimated the amount, we easily have a foot already and it's still coming down like a blizzard. My lower back just above my wonderful ass fells like I have a dozen knives stabbing me (maybe there are knives there, I know the wife is a sneaky one and has insurance on me!).

Went out for smokes and a coffee after that. My truck gets out of my driveway and around the snow filled streets with ease. This is when I love my 4 wheel drive!

And since I hate the township jerks, I tried to shovel as much as I could into the road for their stinking plows to take care of. As soon as they plow in the top of my driveway again, I'll just push it right back into the road and run right over it with my truck. Bastards.

Jeff
02-26-2010, 09:15 AM
I just finished round #1 of shoveling and am about to die. I seriously underestimated the amount, we easily have a foot already and it's still coming down like a blizzard. My lower back just above my wonderful ass fells like I have a dozen knives stabbing me (maybe there are knives there, I know the wife is a sneaky one and has insurance on me!).

Went out for smokes and a coffee after that. My truck gets out of my driveway and around the snow filled streets with ease. This is when I love my 4 wheel drive!

And since I hate the township jerks, I tried to shovel as much as I could into the road for their stinking plows to take care of. As soon as they plow in the top of my driveway again, I'll just push it right back into the road and run right over it with my truck. Bastards.

Jim that 4 wheel drive wont work so well when ya hit the ice, be careful

jimnyc
02-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Jim that 4 wheel drive wont work so well when ya hit the ice, be careful

Dude, I'm a professional, just call me "Jimmy Junior" as you know I'm a huge Jimmie Johnson fan! Seriously though, I drive it in 4 wheel high and don't go above 15mph or so. I know it won't help over patches of ice, but I'm what you would call a "defensive driver" - always looking out for the other idiots and taking precautions in turning areas whether I feel there will be ice or not.

Hell, I may even drive to Jersey later today! Everyone is staying home today so the roads will be light. I'll hop behind a plow on 95 and follow in his footsteps. Plus I think a day away from the woman is just what the doctor ordered, I even have a prescription for that! :coffee:

glockmail
02-26-2010, 09:24 AM
...(neighbors on either side have backyards angled towards our property, and ours turns into a lake whenever we have major rain)...

Hockey rink! :poke:

jimnyc
02-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Hockey rink! :poke:

That would be awesome! Unfortunately, it's almost always a lake because it's not cold enough to freeze.

crin63
02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Dude, I'm a professional, just call me "Jimmy Junior" as you know I'm a huge Jimmie Johnson fan! Seriously though, I drive it in 4 wheel high and don't go above 15mph or so. I know it won't help over patches of ice, but I'm what you would call a "defensive driver" - always looking out for the other idiots and taking precautions in turning areas whether I feel there will be ice or not.

Hell, I may even drive to Jersey later today! Everyone is staying home today so the roads will be light. I'll hop behind a plow on 95 and follow in his footsteps. Plus I think a day away from the woman is just what the doctor ordered, I even have a prescription for that! :coffee:

There was a road by a lake near Big Bear, CA that they would plow and it would have 4'-6' high berms of snow on each side. The road was downhill and iced. I would start at the top in my 4x4 get up to 15-20 mph (probably) and stomp on the brakes. The truck would slide and get sideways for a few hundred feet then I would let off of the brakes and get control back to go do it again. Good times!

Jeff
02-26-2010, 10:04 AM

Personally I like to 18 wheeling, lol, I have my Jeep and play with it a good bit, but try to do so that if I wreck it will only be me, a empty parking lot works great, lol

A NJ trip could be fun, the TPK should be pretty good shape , it is privately owned so it is usually in good shape

Mr. P
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM

Yeah, you're such a pro you can takeout a garage door WITHOUT even being behind the wheel. :poke::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

jimnyc
02-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, you're such a pro you can takeout a garage door WITHOUT even being behind the wheel. :poke::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Oh man, that hurts, Mr. P! Whenever I finally feel a high point in my life you are there to remind me of shit like that and my T-shirt fiasco in Myrtle Beach! I provide plenty of comedy for you, huh? LOL

Abbey Marie
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Youze guyz is crazy.

Mr. P
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Oh man, that hurts, Mr. P! Whenever I finally feel a high point in my life you are there to remind me of shit like that and my T-shirt fiasco in Myrtle Beach! I provide plenty of comedy for you, huh? LOL

Hey, someone has got to :poke: ya besides yer brothers every so often.

Now about that T-shirt.....:laugh2: