PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Obama rebuffs McCain attack at summit: 'The election is over.

darin
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
McCain just called out the President and his ilk for their shadiness and lying during the creation of the current 'health care reform' bill(s).

:)

Our Weak President simply side-stepped

"Eight times (during the campaign) you said the healthcare negotiations would be conducted on C-SPAN,'' Republican Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) today told his erstwhile adversary, President Barack Obama.

That time finally has come, McCain said at the televised heatlhcare summit today -- but unfortunately the legislation before them now is the product of months of backroom deals. That included an agreement reached early on at the White House with the pharmaceutical industry, McCain said in a highly pointed series of accusations.

"John....'' Obama said.

"May I just finish?'' McCain said. "When my constituents and Americans who now object to this proposal say they want us to go back to the beginning, they want us to go back to the beginning.''

That means going through the 2,400-page document and removing all the special provisions for special interests, McCain said.

"We're not campaigning anymore -- the election;s over,'' Obama finally said.

"I'm reminded of that every day,'' McCain said with a laugh.

"We can have a debate about process, or we can have a debate about how we're going to help the American people,'' Obama told McCain. "The latter debate is the one they care about more.''

Mr. P
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Bambam will regret this was televised.:laugh2:

Jeff
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Seems Obama is a little stumped when called a liar, his answer is we are not campaigning no more, is it possible that he finally realized that? Or was he just at a loss of words when told after a entire year of lies ya finally have us on C-span ?

There doesn't appear to be any love lost between the two candidates who faced off for the presidency in 2008.

Taking his turn to speak at this morning's historic bipartisan summit on health care reform, Sen. John McCain launched into a spirited attack on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. He cited "unsavory" deals made by Democratic leadership in the Senate, argued that Obama had broken his promise to have previous health care negotiations live on C-Span and called on President Obama to "start over."

President Obama didn't take kindly to McCain's attack, saying bluntly to McCain "We're not campaigning anymore. The election is over."

Chuckling, McCain responded "I'm reminded of that every day."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100225/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1187

How Funny to watch the Messia squirm, no teleprompter to save his liar ass

02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
If the election is over, why is Obama still campaigning?

Jeff
02-25-2010, 04:05 PM
If the election is over, why is Obama still campaigning?

My thoughts exactly, LOL

cat slave
02-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Seems Obama is a little stumped when called a liar, his answer is we are not campaigning no more, is it possible that he finally realized that? Or was he just at a loss of words when told after a entire year of lies ya finally have us on C-span ?

There doesn't appear to be any love lost between the two candidates who faced off for the presidency in 2008.

Taking his turn to speak at this morning's historic bipartisan summit on health care reform, Sen. John McCain launched into a spirited attack on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. He cited "unsavory" deals made by Democratic leadership in the Senate, argued that Obama had broken his promise to have previous health care negotiations live on C-Span and called on President Obama to "start over."

President Obama didn't take kindly to McCain's attack, saying bluntly to McCain "We're not campaigning anymore. The election is over."

Chuckling, McCain responded "I'm reminded of that every day."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100225/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1187

How Funny to watch the Messia squirm, no teleprompter to save his liar ass

I saw that. It was just about the time when someone wanted to speak that
he arrogantly stated "I dont have much time". Guess the summitt (lol) was
cutting into time on his endless lecture circuit/campaign trail.:lol:

darin
02-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Merged like threads.

darin
02-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I saw that. It was just about the time when someone wanted to speak that
he arrogantly stated "I dont have much time". Guess the summitt (lol) was
cutting into time on his endless lecture circuit/campaign trail.:lol:

...you mean his Apology Tour? :)

Binky
02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
What I found rather humorous was when McCain asked the president, "Why would we want to carve out 800,000 people in Florida, that would not have their medicare advantage cut and then say it's treated the same"? And then OB says, " I think you make a legitmate point." And everyone starts laughing and McCain falls thru his ass.....:laugh2::laugh2: