PDA

View Full Version : Where is Jesus Stepdad buried?

chloe
02-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Do we know where his Stepdad Joseph is buried, also if Jesus had half brothers and sisters and they had kids, then does that mean Jesus is a distant uncle to some people? Do we have DNA of Jesus half siblings?

PostmodernProphet
02-26-2010, 07:22 AM
will a brother do?...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/20/60minutes/main3954980.shtml

chloe
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
will a brother do?...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/20/60minutes/main3954980.shtml

Thanks Postmodernprophet !!!

crin63
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Do we know where his Stepdad Joseph is buried, also if Jesus had half brothers and sisters and they had kids, then does that mean Jesus is a distant uncle to some people? Do we have DNA of Jesus half siblings?

Joseph wasn't mentioned much but was obviously around long enough to sire several children with Mary, after Jesus birth. Jesus had 4 @ 1/2 brothers and at least 2 @ 1/2 sisters. Mary and Joseph lived a normal married life after Jesus birth.

James the 1/2 brother of Jesus who was a skeptic of Jesus (being his brother) until he saw Jesus risen from the dead, was the pastor of the church at Jerusalem. Being a skeptic of Jesus being who He claimed to be also meant that James thought his mother was whore and his parents were liars.

So yes, Jesus was probably a step uncle or 1/2 uncle to to His siblings kids.

02-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Im sure He is the uncle of many people. I am sure He is the Father of many people too.

chloe
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Im sure He is the uncle of many people. I am sure He is the Father of many people too.

Do we have the DNA of Jesus brother in the genealogy DNA project?

PostmodernProphet
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
no, the doctors forgot to take a sample when he was born.....

chloe
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
no, the doctors forgot to take a sample when he was born.....

well they have dna stored of other historical people, so I thought maybe it's possible.

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/?gclid=CMSZr_CFkaACFQUmawodcSnOdA

02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Do we have the DNA of Jesus brother in the genealogy DNA project?

Im sure we do. Not directly of course. But from posterity.

Can we identify it? Probably not.

chloe
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Im sure we do. Not directly of course. But from posterity.

Can we identify it? Probably not.

good to know

PostmodernProphet
02-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I suppose there is a good chance they can pull some DNA from this burial thingie, but there will always be arguments about whether it was really his.....

Mr. P
02-26-2010, 11:34 PM
I suppose there is a good chance they can pull some DNA from this burial thingie, but there will always be arguments about whether it was really his.....

Yep, and who knows, it could be DNA from Harry Potter. There were books written about him, with a BIG following too. :poke:

KarlMarx
02-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Joseph wasn't mentioned much but was obviously around long enough to sire several children with Mary, after Jesus birth. Jesus had 4 @ 1/2 brothers and at least 2 @ 1/2 sisters. Mary and Joseph lived a normal married life after Jesus birth.

James the 1/2 brother of Jesus who was a skeptic of Jesus (being his brother) until he saw Jesus risen from the dead, was the pastor of the church at Jerusalem. Being a skeptic of Jesus being who He claimed to be also meant that James thought his mother was whore and his parents were liars.

So yes, Jesus was probably a step uncle or 1/2 uncle to to His siblings kids.
Joseph was much older than Mary. Joseph was around when Jesus was 12, but he wasn't around when Jesus was 30. I think that Joseph probably died sometime between Jesus's 12th and 30th birthday. So, it stands to reason that he was a widower and Mary was his 2nd wife. The "brothers and sisters" that are mentioned in the Bible could have been Jesus' half siblings from Joseph's first marriage.

Also, regarding the ossurary that has the name of James inscribed on it. I think it was later found to be a well made fake.

PostmodernProphet
02-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Yep, and who knows, it could be DNA from Harry Potter. There were books written about him, with a BIG following too. :poke:

I didn't know that many people were into James.....

crin63
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Joseph was much older than Mary. Joseph was around when Jesus was 12, but he wasn't around when Jesus was 30. I think that Joseph probably died sometime between Jesus's 12th and 30th birthday. So, it stands to reason that he was a widower and Mary was his 2nd wife. The "brothers and sisters" that are mentioned in the Bible could have been Jesus' half siblings from Joseph's first marriage.

Also, regarding the ossurary that has the name of James inscribed on it. I think it was later found to be a well made fake.

How do we know Joseph was much older than Mary? I don't recall seeing that. I also don't recall anything hinting toward Joseph being a widower.

AllieBaba
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
We don't know he was much older, nor do we know he was dead when Jesus was crucified.

Chances are, Joseph was close to Mary's age as he had never been married before, and Jewish men were married very young, as were Jewish women.

BTW, I don't think Christ made the distinction that his siblings were "half". I never made that distinction with my "half" brother and sister. We were brothers and sisters, and resented the hell out of it when anyone qualified it.

crin63
03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
We don't know he was much older, nor do we know he was dead when Jesus was crucified.

Chances are, Joseph was close to Mary's age as he had never been married before, and Jewish men were married very young, as were Jewish women.

BTW, I don't think Christ made the distinction that his siblings were "half". I never made that distinction with my "half" brother and sister. We were brothers and sisters, and resented the hell out of it when anyone qualified it.

I understand that Jesus never referred to them as 1/2's but because people are so fixated on trying to remove Jesus diety and make more of Mary then she was they are described as 1/2's because they did have different fathers.

My sons and daughter never refer to each other as 1/2's either.

AllieBaba
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Good grief, I haven't been here in months but I can't rep you again?
Weird!

chloe
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM

I don't think he did either. But since archeologists find historical things I just wondered if we know where his step dad and siblings are buried?

AllieBaba
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't think he did either. But since archeologists find historical things I just wondered if we know where his step dad and siblings are buried?

They thought they had James' ossuary, but I think it turned out to be a hoax.

So no, we don't really know for sure.

"The James Ossuary is a limestone box for containing bones, which came to light in Israel in 2002. It is claimed to have been the ossuary of James the Just, the brother of Jesus. Its provenance is unknown. Although the Israel Antiquities Authority assess it as a modern forgery, some scholars maintain its historical authenticity."

"If authentic, it could have been the first archaeological evidence for the historical existence of Jesus."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ossuary

chloe
03-04-2010, 08:21 PM
They thought they had James' ossuary, but I think it turned out to be a hoax.

So no, we don't really know for sure.

"The James Ossuary is a limestone box for containing bones, which came to light in Israel in 2002. It is claimed to have been the ossuary of James the Just, the brother of Jesus. Its provenance is unknown. Although the Israel Antiquities Authority assess it as a modern forgery, some scholars maintain its historical authenticity."

"If authentic, it could have been the first archaeological evidence for the historical existence of Jesus."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ossuary

Thanks Allie !