PDA

View Full Version : Obama is NOT the biggest threat.

Mr. P
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Via e-mail. It's a truth we can't overlook.

The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

stephanie
02-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Excellent.:clap:

02-26-2010, 04:44 PM

A few years ago, the Democrats campaigned on the "Culture of Corruption" in order to defeat the Republicans. That was clearly a talking point since once in office they turned around and became even more corrupt.

However, I think the talking point may have some actual merit to it. Not that Republicans or even Democrats are corrupt. (Don't get me wrong, they are). But I think we see corrupt politicians because the people are corrupt. We elect people who represent us. And I think they do a good job because the people electing them are often just as corrupt. We simply don't have the same power and public position as they do.

We want our representatives to be some stellar people who are honest and full of integrity. Who will stop playing games and do what we want them to do. We want them to be responsible with our money.

But the American culture, at large, are not honest. Integrity is a foreign concept to people. And the vast majority of us are not responsible with our own money. How can we expect politicians to be?

But I think the biggest problem in this nation is our lack of integrity and honor. We have no honesty within us as a whole. When I was in college, I learned about the First headmaster of the school Karl G Maeser. He stressed integrity and honor at the college and one of his famous quotes is as follows:

"I have been asked what I mean by my word of honor. I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls-- ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I will escape; but stand me on a floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the Circle? No. Never! I would die first."

We see few people with that kind of integrity nowadays. When we do they are labeled wackos or extremists. Why? Because they do what they say. They keep their promises.

I was studying International Fianance in one of my law classes a few years ago. In the section discussing the international futures and derivatives markets, there was an except on a British Bank. It had been around 100+ years. They had a particular employee that traded futures and derivatives. The man was dishonest. He cooked the books to make it look like he was making the company lots of money. In reality, he was losing billions of dollars. One dishonest man turned an institution with a long term reputation and standing into community, into a shell that was sold off to the highest bidder. It only took one person.

And people dont even seem to think honesty is important. It's important for all of us. We have to be honest with others and even more importantly with ourselves.

If people were honest with themselves would they have bought houses they couldnt afford and couldnt make payments on?

If people were honest with themselves would they think they could everything they need from the government for free?

If people were honest with themselves, would they be blaming everyone else for their problems?

We live in a dishonest society. The only way we can change that is one person at a time. one family at a time. If we don't we are looking at some dark times ahead.