PDA

View Full Version : hospitals

Trigg
02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
This is just a rant.

I realize that few here work in medicine so forgive me my little rant.

I get so sick of people who show up on the WRONG DAY for an exam.

We kindly fit them into our schedule at say 4pm when they show up at 1pm.

THAT JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH they want in NOW

my little bitty bonus depends on people saying they had an excellent experience at our hospital. But, of course, they can't get an excellent experience if they have to wait for a 4pm slot when they show up on the wrong day.

DAMN IT WHY CAN'T WE FIT THEM IN RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!

SassyLady
02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
This is just a rant.

my little bitty bonus depends on people saying they had an excellent experience at our hospital. But, of course, they can't get an excellent experience if they have to wait for a 4pm slot when they show up on the wrong day.

Tell them to ask the people who are already scheduled for all the appointments ahead of them if they would be willing to step aside and let them take their exam first. When you put the onus on them to inconvenience others they will think twice........instead of expecting you to be the one to scramble.

Just think .... in a very sweet smooth voice you say "of course, Mr. Smith, I can fit you in if (and look over at Mr. Doe) Mr. Doe is willing to give you his slot....why don't you go on over there and ask him? I'm sure that his time is not as important as yours." Just keep smiling ....... unfortunately, there will be people who are stupid enough to walk over and ask Mr. Doe to let them cut in front.

Trigg
02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Tell them to ask the people who are already scheduled for all the appointments ahead of them if they would be willing to step aside and let them take their exam first. When you put the onus on them to inconvenience others they will think twice........instead of expecting you to be the one to scramble.

Just think .... in a very sweet smooth voice you say "of course, Mr. Smith, I can fit you in if (and look over at Mr. Doe) Mr. Doe is willing to give you his slot....why don't you go on over there and ask him? I'm sure that his time is not as important as yours." Just keep smiling ....... unfortunately, there will be people who are stupid enough to walk over and ask Mr. Doe to let them cut in front.

lol, I wish it was that easy.

You'd be amazed at how people are willing to bitch at hospital staff, but would never think to complain to their Doctors for not sending the right order or for that matter bothering to send an order at all.

I've had people arrive an hour early, because of bad roads, and expect to be fitted in. I happily explain that people are scheduled before them and we have to see them first. They just don't want to hear it.

WHY AM I NOT SPECIAL??????

Honestly, if people were to ever experience government run healthcare they would pitch a fit to high heaven.

Healthcare in the private sector is a no win situation.

It's Friday....................sorry for the down cast mood.

Mr. P
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
This is just a rant.

If it helps..It's not just the medical industry that has this problem. The MORONS are everywhere.

Trinity
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
If it helps..It's not just the medical industry that has this problem. The MORONS are everywhere.

Amen!

Trigg
02-26-2010, 08:21 PM

True, to quote "men in black"

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

To clarify, people are idiots, they think the earth revolve around them, and, I'm sorry to generalize, but the people on gov. assistance are the ones who complain the most.

YES, I had a bad day:laugh2:

SassyLady
02-27-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry to generalize, but the people on gov. assistance are the ones who complain the most.

It's that sense of "entitlement" they have....the g'vment thinks I'm special because I get taken care of and don't have to do anything mindset.....and us peons that actually work are there to serve them!!

Sorry you had such a bad day Trigg! Tomorrow will be better --- it's the weekend! :dance:

darin
02-27-2010, 12:03 PM
the result of Dr Spock - type parenting. :(