PDA

View Full Version : Chile Hit With 8.8 Earthquake

Kathianne
02-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Hopefully their building codes are much better than Haiti's. Tsunami warnings up:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/international/americas/view.bg?articleid=1235868&srvc=home&position=comment

8.8-magnitude earthquake hits Chile

Tsunami warnings posted throughout Pacific Ocean

By Associated Press
Saturday, February 27, 2010 - Updated 2m ago

SANTIAGO, Chile — A massive 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile early Saturday, killing at least 64 people, collapsing buildings and setting off a tsunami.

A huge wave reached a populated area in the Robinson Crusoe Islands, 410 miles off the Chilean coast, said President Michele Bachelet.

Tsunami warnings were issued over a wide area, including South America, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, the Philippines, Russia and many Pacific islands....

chesswarsnow
02-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry bout that,

Hopefully their building codes are much better than Haiti's. Tsunami warnings up:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/international/americas/view.bg?articleid=1235868&srvc=home&position=comment

1. Well I don't see America getting into this one.
2. Seeing they ain't poor black and voodoo worshipers.
3. The pc police won't be wringing their hands and coming out on their behalf Clinton are the Hollywood crowd.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
02-27-2010, 11:41 AM
They used that damn earthquake machine again. It's Bush's fault.

krisy
02-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well I don't see America getting into this one.
2. Seeing they ain't poor black and voodoo worshipers.
3. The pc police won't be wringing their hands and coming out on their behalf Clinton are the Hollywood crowd.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I was wondering about that. Will be interesting to see if there are concerts and commercials from rich Hollywood asking poor America for money

Kathianne
02-27-2010, 12:23 PM
I was wondering about that. Will be interesting to see if there are concerts and commercials from rich Hollywood asking poor America for money

Chile is a developed country, with modern building codes. From what I've heard and read, there are a hundred something dead, they don't expect many more, in spite of the severity of the quake and aftershocks so far. The need won't be there to the degree it was in Haiti.

krisy
02-27-2010, 03:51 PM
They are reporting on the news that Hawaii could get a tsunami. Doesn't sound like it will be huge,but they are clearing the coastline.

cat slave
02-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Argentina has had an earth quake of six point something..today.

They said Chile was ready for this kind of thing. This is a developed country
and not the primitive kind of one like Haiti.

Haiti would be best served to receive education and birth control meds.
IMO.

02-27-2010, 07:17 PM

But why does Obama want to attack Chile???

Jeff
02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
They are reporting on the news that Hawaii could get a tsunami. Doesn't sound like it will be huge,but they are clearing the coastline.

I just read on Yahoo that Hawaii was spared the tsunami, I am happy to report this

As for Chile I have to agree with Kat on this one, there won't be near the devastation there that there was in Haiti , but with that said I think the leader we have would of been in Haiti even if there was not near the damage, it boost him in the polls with the Brothers and Liberals , well one in the same I guess

krisy
02-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I just read on Yahoo that Hawaii was spared the tsunami, I am happy to report this

As for Chile I have to agree with Kat on this one, there won't be near the devastation there that there was in Haiti , but with that said I think the leader we have would of been in Haiti even if there was not near the damage, it boost him in the polls with the Brothers and Liberals , well one in the same I guess

Thank goodness!!! I think they said some other countries still have tsunami warnings. At least people will be prepared if anything does happen there.

02-28-2010, 12:44 AM
I hear there was also an earthquake in Aghanistan.

Gaffer
02-28-2010, 08:16 AM
But why does Obama want to attack Chile???

For the same reason he attacked haiti

02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
For the same reason he attacked haiti

He hates minorities?

Agnapostate
02-28-2010, 07:46 PM

Holy shit, are you one of the poor saps that fell for that one? :laugh:

He hates minorities?

What minorities are there in Chile? It's a predominantly white country.

Binky
03-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Argentina has had an earth quake of six point something..today.

They said Chile was ready for this kind of thing. This is a developed country
and not the primitive kind of one like Haiti.

Haiti would be best served to receive education and birth control meds.
IMO.

Hmmm........with all the hurricanes and such over the last few years, if I didn't know better, I'd say God was pissed........:eek:

03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Holy shit, are you one of the poor saps that fell for that one? :laugh:

What minorities are there in Chile? It's a predominantly white country.

Don't ask me. It's Chavez who came up with the stupid argument.

Agnapostate
03-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Don't ask me. It's Chavez who came up with the stupid argument.

No, he didn't. It was the Spanish media that came up with the stupid fake story. (http://www.revleft.com/vb/hugo-chavez-says-t127606/index.html?t=127606)