PDA

View Full Version : Move The Federal Government To Bentonville Arkansas

red states rule
02-27-2010, 10:42 AM
It occured to me how much better the country would be, if Wal Mart controlled the Federal government's budget and HR department

How much better and efficient would our tax dollars be spent if the same people who controlled the budget and day to day operations of Wal Mart Corporation, controlled the budget and day to day operations of the Federal government? No unions adding to the cost of government for one thing

The cost of governemnt would go down, and thus taxes would go down. People would have more money in their pockets, and would turn around and spend the extra money in their local Wal Mart store

Wal Mart has cut its prices in an attempt to help working families stretch their paychecks. At the same time, Wal Mart is cutting its overhead and operating costs

I have never seen the government do that. Government is growing, and getting more expensive everyday

The business model of Wal Mart is the best in the world. Wal Mart employs millions of people, and is a money making machine

I say again, Wal Mart has down more to help working folks then any government program

Insein
02-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Very True. Why do you think Wal-Mart is high on the list of "enemies of the state" for the government? The government is always trying to demonize wal-mart. Forcing it to unionize. Telling it where it can and can't do business. Yet it still continues to prosper. Wal-mart should be celebrated as an American Triumph yet all we ever hear about it is how evil it is.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Very True. Why do you think Wal-Mart is high on the list of "enemies of the state" for the government? The government is always trying to demonize wal-mart. Forcing it to unionize. Telling it where it can and can't do business. Yet it still continues to prosper. Wal-mart should be celebrated as an American Triumph yet all we ever hear about it is how evil it is.

That is what it is all about these days, The only place Obama is "creating" jobs is in the state and federal job level

They are union jobs

Wal Mart has grown, prospered, and is doing what they can for working people - and may not being this if the unions had infested their company - and thus driven up the cost of doing business

krisy
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Might be a good idea! I can say that I love Wal Mart.I've heard a lot of jokes on Leno about "white trash" shopping at Wal Mart. I told my husband that I suppose us and thousands of other middle class families must be white trash then....

I do our grocery shopping there every week and can honestly say that for a fact I save at least $20-$30 a week there. The pet food is cheaper,the clothes are fine for us(altho my 15 year old boy is getting pickier,lol)......where else can you shop and save like there?

red states rule
02-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Might be a good idea! I can say that I love Wal Mart.I've heard a lot of jokes on Leno about "white trash" shopping at Wal Mart. I told my husband that I suppose us and thousands of other middle class families must be white trash then....

I do our grocery shopping there every week and can honestly say that for a fact I save at least $20-$30 a week there. The pet food is cheaper,the clothes are fine for us(altho my 15 year old boy is getting pickier,lol)......where else can you shop and save like there?

When Wal Mart cut costs and prices, it makes the other stores do the same to keep up. Wal Mart does have the best grocery prices in my area, and I have noticed many new businesses that have open up next to Wal Mart in my area. The consumer wins everytime

Also, anyone remember the reaction from the Wal Mart haters when the $4 Rx deal was announced? Now other major chains have done the same

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 02:24 PM
When Wal Mart cut costs and prices, it makes the other stores do the same to keep up. Wal Mart does have the best grocery prices in my area, and I have noticed many new businesses that have open up next to Wal Mart in my area. The consumer wins everytime

Also, anyone remember the reaction from the Wal Mart haters when the $4 Rx deal was announced? Now other major chains have done the same

We don't have a Super Walmart around here, but do have Super Target. You're right about prices. They also carry a surprising number of specialty items I have trouble finding on sale in regular supermarket. I don't have to buy the huge sizes ala Costco to save money. Good deals.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
We don't have a Super Walmart around here, but do have Super Target. You're right about prices. They also carry a surprising number of specialty items I have trouble finding on sale in regular supermarket. I don't have to buy the huge sizes ala Costco to save money. Good deals.

The Wal Mart has made the other chains to cut their prices of food with the exception of the local GIANT

They are still over priced and I don't see how they stay in business

The other stores like Weis, and Food Lion follow the lead of the Wal Mart. With is a good thing

I only think how Wal Mart would clean up the nations budget, deficit, run the government departments more efficently, and do it with fewer government employees