PDA

View Full Version : Extrodinary house hold items usage/remedies

Shadow
02-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I read this in a magazine recently...then also found something similar online and decided to share. I actually bought some Alka Seltzer and am going to test out the drain unclogging item. I'll let you know how well it works out.

Alka-Seltzer

Get out the Alka-Seltzer and amaze yourself with its problem-solving versatility.

Unclog a drain

Drain clogged again? Get almost instant relief: Drop a couple of Alka-Seltzer tablets down the opening, then pour in a cup of vinegar. Wait a few minutes and then run the hot water at full force to clear the clog. This is also a good way to eliminate kitchen drain odors.

This one was interesting to me too...wonder if it works?

Attract fish
All avid anglers know fish are attracted to bubbles. If you are using a hollow plastic tube jig on your line, just break off a piece of Alka-Seltzer and slip it into the tube. The jig will produce an enticing stream of bubbles as it sinks.

http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/extraordinary-uses-for-alka-seltzer/article23731.html

Sort of related...found an interesting remedy to remove splinters...ever heard of these?

Using Elmer's Glue

To remove a splinter, simply apply some Elmer's glue over the splinter. After the glue dries, peel it off and the splinter will often come out also. This is especially helpful on children who are frightened by tweezers and needles. Our family relies on this method of splinter removal as it is painless.

By Barbara Hauser

Using Scotch Tape

When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, and then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.

By Paper from Powell River, BC

Feel free to post other interesting home remedies if you know of any...

Abbey Marie
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks, these are good to know. :salute:

Shadow
02-27-2010, 04:53 PM
You're welcome.

Here are some more...this is for Dental floss.

1. Cut a birthday cake. Oral-B Mint Waxed Floss cuts cake into neat slices. Also good for slicing cheese.

2. Lift cookies from a cookie sheet. Slide a strand of Oral-B Mint Waxed Floss between fresh-baked cookies and the cookie sheet.

3. Repair a tent or backpack. When hiking or camping, Oral-B Mint Waxed Floss makes a durable, strong thread for tough repairs.

4. Repair the mesh screening on playpens. Sew up the rip with Oral-B Mint Waxed Floss.

5. Hang pictures, sun catchers, or wind chimes. Oral-B Mint Waxed Floss is stronger and more durable than ordinary string.