PDA

View Full Version : Obama signs one-year extension of Patriot Act

red states rule
02-28-2010, 07:40 AM
I wonder if BP, Gabby, April15, and all the other Obama supporters will dare to post their spin on this one

I want to see how they will blame Bush for this one

Now lets see how the likes of a Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Sgt Ed Schultz, and Rachel Mancow defend this to their kook far left base

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has signed a one-year extension of several provisions in the nation's main counterterrorism law, the Patriot Act.

Provisions in the measure would have expired on Sunday without Obama's signature Saturday.

The act, which was adopted in the weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, expands the government's ability to monitor Americans in the name of national security.

Three sections of the Patriot Act that stay in force will:

_Authorize court-approved roving wiretaps that permit surveillance on multiple phones.

_Allow court-approved seizure of records and property in anti-terrorism operations.

_Permit surveillance against a so-called lone wolf, a non-U.S. citizen engaged in terrorism who may not be part of a recognized terrorist group.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gmao3Tg9nvBQeAOMAVzmeZkrmAoAD9E4QD501

krisy
02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
I want to see how they will blame Bush for this one

Now lets see how the likes of a Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Sgt Ed Schultz, and Rachel Mancow defend this to their kook far left base

I was thinking the same thing this morning when I heard this today. It will be very interesting to hear what they have to say.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing this morning when I heard this today. It will be very interesting to hear what they have to say.

Chances are they will ignore it

Libs were upset over reckless spending, huge deficits, troops dying in illegal wars, and the "spying" on Americans

Now they are fine with all that, now that Democrats are the ones doing it

Jeff
02-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I will make a guess on what they will say, If GW didn't leave everything in such a mess for the poor messiah he wouldn't of had to do this, but he is trying, give him a break, it has only been a year, hope and change are coming, yes hope and change is coming, first in November then when we get this idiot out of office :thumb:

Noir
02-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Just out of curiosity, it says three sections of the Patriot Act that stay in force, how many sections are their of the Patriot act?

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Just out of curiosity, it says three sections of the Patriot Act that stay in force, how many sections are their of the Patriot act?

Just did a quick search, seems nothing was changed.

Noir
02-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Just did a quick search, seems nothing was changed.

Fairplay, seems a bit of an odd way to report it though, we'll put that down to poor journalism i guess, also was the suspension of Habous Corpus not part of the patriot act?

red states rule
02-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Fairplay, seems a bit of an odd way to report it though, we'll put that down to poor journalism i guess, also was the suspension of Habous Corpus not part of the patriot act?

How is it poor journalism? For years the left whined how the Patriot Act was so evil. The liberal media cheered them on

Now Obama signs an extension, late Saturday night, and the left is silent

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 09:21 AM

This was quiet, not like when same was done previously:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179568,00.html

red states rule
02-28-2010, 11:29 AM
It is something to see what Obama is doing

Libs screamed how the nation could not elect McSame - so they went with the opther guy and look what we got

Osame!

and the left is silent as a mouse as The Chosen One does the same things they were outraged over Bush doing

stephanie
02-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Liberals have two faces.

One for when a President is Republican, and the one for when a President is a Democrat.

that is why they are not to be TRUSTED.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Liberals have two faces.

One for when a President is Republican, and the one for when a President is a Democrat.

that is why they are not to be TRUSTED.

The "D" at the end of a politicans names provides more protection then a weekly payment to your local Mafia member

GITMO is still open, and I have yet to see any protests by Code Pink, or any anti war rallies on the front page of the NY Times since Jan 20, 2009

Amazing how these lefties have disappeared since The Chosen One took the oath of office