PDA

View Full Version : NYT Runs Global Warming Warning Written By Al Gore

red states rule
02-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Perhaps Al is worried about his investments and all the money HE would lose if people wise up and stop buying his global wamring crap

This is so typicial of the left. Fear of terrorism is irrational racism, but fear of the weather is logical and requires trilions of tax dollars to "fix"

Op-Ed Contributor
We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change

By AL GORE
Published: February 27, 2010

It would be an enormous relief if the recent attacks on the science of global warming actually indicated that we do not face an unimaginable calamity requiring large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization as we know it.

Of course, we would still need to deal with the national security risks of our growing dependence on a global oil market dominated by dwindling reserves in the most unstable region of the world, and the economic risks of sending hundreds of billions of dollars a year overseas in return for that oil. And we would still trail China in the race to develop smart grids, fast trains, solar power, wind, geothermal and other renewable sources of energy — the most important sources of new jobs in the 21st century.

But what a burden would be lifted! We would no longer have to worry that our grandchildren would one day look back on us as a criminal generation that had selfishly and blithely ignored clear warnings that their fate was in our hands. We could instead celebrate the naysayers who had doggedly persisted in proving that every major National Academy of Sciences report on climate change had simply made a huge mistake.

I, for one, genuinely wish that the climate crisis were an illusion. But unfortunately, the reality of the danger we are courting has not been changed by the discovery of at least two mistakes in the thousands of pages of careful scientific work over the last 22 years by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. In fact, the crisis is still growing because we are continuing to dump 90 million tons of global-warming pollution every 24 hours into the atmosphere — as if it were an open sewer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/opinion/28gore.html?hp

Jeff
02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Hell if he just disappears into the night at this point he will never have to worry about money, thanks to Virgil, Bully , Gabs...ect he is a very rich man, damn I have to try and figure out a scam to get these idiot liberals to send me money

red states rule
02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Hell if he just disappears into the night at this point he will never have to worry about money, thanks to Virgil, Bully , Gabs...ect he is a very rich man, damn I have to try and figure out a scam to get these idiot liberals to send me money

I am waiting for the kook left to blame all the recent earthquakes on global warming

BTW, looks as if another winter storm may hit the East coast next week. global warming is really fired up this winter

Jeff
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I am waiting for the kook left to blame all the recent earthquakes on global warming

BTW, looks as if another winter storm may hit the East coast next week. global warming is really fired up this winter

Say it aint so, I am on my way to Boston, fixing to leave in a bit, I have to deliver there Tuesday, what luck, lol

red states rule
02-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Say it aint so, I am on my way to Boston, fixing to leave in a bit, I have to deliver there Tuesday, what luck, lol

Sorry Jeff - here is the link. it is still early, and things could change

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/0226-another-storm_2010-02-26

Jeff
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Sorry Jeff - here is the link. it is still early, and things could change

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/0226-another-storm_2010-02-26

Thanks for the info Red, Damn y'all are getting hit hard this year,

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info Red, Damn y'all are getting hit hard this year,

Indeed. From what I've seen on the news, Philadelphia is the highest of east coast cities, above normal amounts. They all have more since 1/1/10, than their averages, more than twice! :eek:

Jeff
02-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Indeed. From what I've seen on the news, Philadelphia is the highest of east coast cities, above normal amounts. They all have more since 1/1/10, than their averages, more than twice! :eek:

Maybe that was the hope and change Obama spoke of ??? :laugh2:

Gaffer
02-28-2010, 09:50 AM

The earthquakes are all Bush's fault. He has an earthquake machine according to chevez.

I just think it's hilarious that the gods of washington think they can manipulate the weather. Their arrogance know no bounds.

Binky
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
I've been hoping for some of that global warming Gore has been spieling about. So far, looks like the normal Michigan weather for this time of year. The temp has been decent the last couple of days. But I'm hoping for spring and the sounds that come with it. Soon tho', that change will come rushing in........

There you have it folks. Hope and change. I hope for spring weather. And lo and behold, it will come galavanting in on it's own accord at some point soon in time........giving me change......

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I've been hoping for some of that global warming Gore has been spieling about. So far, looks like the normal Michigan weather for this time of year. The temp has been decent the last couple of days. But I'm hoping for spring and the sounds that come with it. Soon tho', that change will come rushing in........

There you have it folks. Hope and change. I hope for spring weather. And lo and behold, it will come galavanting in on it's own accord at some point soon in time........giving me change......

Well Spring in for form of 40's seems on the forecast in the next 6 days or so here. This is dashing my hopes for a snow day, but nice weather will be welcome! Hope it will hit MI too!

Binky
02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Well Spring in for form of 40's seems on the forecast in the next 6 days or so here. This is dashing my hopes for a snow day, but nice weather will be welcome! Hope it will hit MI too!

When I read your post I looked out the window and it is thawing. So that is a good sign....Sure will be happy when the grass and leaves turn green and the flowers pop out......It's coming........:coffee:

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
When I read your post I looked out the window and it is thawing. So that is a good sign....Sure will be happy when the grass and leaves turn green and the flowers pop out......It's coming........:coffee:

Indeed. Your post made me go look in backyard, where I have some pretty dense bushes. Yep, the beginning of buds are starting and yes, there is a peeking of crocus. For the last two weeks, we've had some above freezing temps during the afternoons, then back to cold.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
The polar bears are doing fine

http://samuelatgilgal.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/global-warming-hoax.jpg

and as far as Al and his words of wisdom

http://api.ning.com/files/d3T7bp4sNKyzWg2nvM-N0LBOwuDxP1Kw78T496ldS1RlKV58LI9qtGUkgYFTDOZ8WenK-DP0WQbkXqedPXghNxsNcgiuTl0c/sn0wdees.jpg

darin
02-28-2010, 12:17 PM
sounds like Mr. Gore's BIGGEST fear is losing billions of dollars his companies would lie to get.

red states rule
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
sounds like Mr. Gore's BIGGEST fear is losing billions of dollars his companies would lie to get.

You mean all that stimulus money Gore, and others, are getting from the taxpayers?

http://www.sliderontheblack.com/politics-money-and-markets/the-inconvenient-truth-behind-the-green-agenda-obamas-stimulus-bill/

red states rule
02-28-2010, 01:58 PM
This should be on the NY Times bestseller list before you know it

http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/complete_idiots_globalwarmi.gif

chesswarsnow
02-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. :lol:
2. What I find very very strange, is this whole Global Warming Bullshit, came from the same guy who claimed he invented the internet.
3. Seriously, this guy is a freakin nutter.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Bringing the climate and internet together, only as Al Gore can:

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2010/02/al-gore-laughing-stock-at-apple-shareholder-meeting.html

FEBRUARY 25, 2010

Al Gore Laughing Stock at Apple Shareholder Meeting...

Money quote: "If his advice he gives to Apple is as faulty as his views on the environment then he doesn't need to be re-elected to the board"...

red states rule
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. :lol:
2. What I find very very strange, is this whole Global Warming Bullshit, came from the same guy who claimed he invented the internet.
3. Seriously, this guy is a freakin nutter.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

and it is Al Gore's amazing internet that is destroying his myth of global warming