PDA

View Full Version : Kamikaze Mission For Democrats

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I think Alexander is right on this, I also think Obama knows it. I don't think Obama cares. The real question is whether or not the Democratic politicians will care.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/02/alexander-health-care-reform-a-political-kamikaze-mission-for-democrats-.html

Alexander: Health Care Reform a 'Political Kamikaze Mission' for Democrats
February 28, 2010 10:24 AM

Senate Republican Conference Chairman Lamar Alexander says pushing health care reform through Congress by a simple majority using the reconciliation process would be political suicide for Democrats and vowed to campaign for the repeal the bill if it passes. On “This Week”, Sen. Alexander to told Elizabeth Vargas, “It would be a political kamikaze mission for the Democratic Party if they jam this through after the American people have been saying.”

Alexander also said, if Democrats do pass a health care reform bill, “for the rest of the year, we're going to be involved in a campaign to repeal it.” He added that democrats would pay a political price for passing health care. “Every Democratic candidate in the country is going to be defined by this unpopular health care bill at a time when the real issues are jobs, terror and debt.”...

Binky
02-28-2010, 11:04 AM
They are on a mission. And that mission is to get it passed. They will do whatever they have to do in trying to make it happen....

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 11:11 AM
They are on a mission. And that mission is to get it passed. They will do whatever they have to do in trying to make it happen....

Obama is, I'm not so sure about the Democrats. Most of them like their jobs.

02-28-2010, 12:50 PM
It makes me question why they would put their politicial careers on the limb for it.

I can see a few reasons:

1) They may be such idealogues that they acually care about it more than their jobs.

2) They anticipate healthcare fundamentally changing this nation in such a way that Obama will simply appoint them to new positions in the new government.

3) They are simply idiots.

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
It makes me question why they would put their politicial careers on the limb for it.

I can see a few reasons:

1) They may be such idealogues that they acually care about it more than their jobs.

2) They anticipate healthcare fundamentally changing this nation in such a way that Obama will simply appoint them to new positions in the new government.

3) They are simply idiots.

Obama I think #1.

Question seems to me on whether he can convince the Dems that somehow once passed, the public will suddenly 'be happy.'