PDA

View Full Version : Am abusing prescription drugs right now

darin
02-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Since last wednesday I've been experiencing terrific back and chest pain. At times I got >< this close to heading for the ER.

Went to the Doctor on Friday and the behest of my work and personal wives. He thinks I've got a problem w/ spinal alignment. He did a few chiropractic-type adjustments and sent me home with Vicodin (1 every 4-6 hrs), Valium to relax and help sleep, and a steriod.

Spent yesterday in bed w/ Madden, 3 cats, and the TV. Pain has been eough where i've been tripling up on the vicodin, taking 3 every 3-4 hours and twice the valium. Pain is still severe - going to call the Doctor monday and ask if he has another other ideas.

So - that's all.

Kathianne
02-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Since last wednesday I've been experiencing terrific back and chest pain. At times I got >< this close to heading for the ER.

Went to the Doctor on Friday and the behest of my work and personal wives. He thinks I've got a problem w/ spinal alignment. He did a few chiropractic-type adjustments and sent me home with Vicodin (1 every 4-6 hrs), Valium to relax and help sleep, and a steriod.

Spent yesterday in bed w/ Madden, 3 cats, and the TV. Pain has been eough where i've been tripling up on the vicodin, taking 3 every 3-4 hours and twice the valium. Pain is still severe - going to call the Doctor monday and ask if he has another other ideas.

So - that's all.

Back pain is the worst! I only had it go 'totally out' once, but that once put me in the hospital for 10 days in traction. 2 herniated discs. I actually yelled 'f you' to a doctor. :laugh2: Hell, I didn't even swear at my ex except in labor!

chesswarsnow
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

So - that's all.

1. Back pain I know about, maybe you gotta disk being flattened?
2. Or pulled a muscle?
3. Those lower back muscles are murder!
4. Chest pain could be a whole other problem, you better go into a hospital where they can really check you out.
5. I hope you have insurance, and or are poor as shit, otherwise, they will pick yea bones.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
02-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Back pain is HELL!!

I was down for 4 days once ...Hang in!

actsnoblemartin
02-28-2010, 08:05 PM
hang in there my friends, my prayers are with ya :dance:

Abbey Marie
03-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Prayers, D.

Nukeman
03-01-2010, 08:33 AM

So - that's all.hey, your not going to put the brakes on beers this weekend are you???? You better start feeling better!!!!:beer:

glockmail
03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Nothing worse than back pain. Most, however, is due to muscle weakness and degeneration as you age. Find out if you have any actual spinal issues and if not, start a good exercise routine. I've been running and doing strength exercises at the Y for the past three years and I feel better now at 50 since I was 35. It doesn't take much either. I'm usually in and out of there in 20 minutes and for only once or twice a week. I do a fast mile, stretch then one series of reps through 10 or so Cybex machines and then I'm out the door.