PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 spooky sleep disorders

Shadow
02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I was reading this article and found it interesting,and decided to post it. When my brother was young he used to sleep walk quite a bit. I can remember several times actually having to prevent him from leaving the house in the middle of the night. Looking at the article I did relate to a portion myself...not to the same extreme as a person diagnosed with narcolepsy might though. I don't have sleep paralasis or cataplexy...or anything of that nature. But have experienced some of the things listed.

Sleepy hallucinations

We're all used to seeing strange things in our dreams, but what about when we're not dreaming? So-called hypnagogic hallucinations occur during the transition from wakefulness to sleep (just after our head hits the pillow). And hypnopompic hallucinations hit during the waking-up process. People report hearing voices, feeling phantom sensations and seeing people or strange objects in their rooms. Bugs or animals crawling on the walls are a common vision, said Neil Kline, a sleep physician and representative of the ASA.

Sleep-related hallucinations are most common in people with narcolepsy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35606027/ns/health-behavior/

The subconsious mind facinates me... another thing I am interested in is dream interpretation. For instance...last night I had a dream that I visited a house I lived in as a child,and interacted with a ghost. After looking online,this is what I found out about what that may mean in terms of dream interpretation...

Ghosts

ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghosts wants or what it is looking for. Alternatively, the dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=Ghosts

Anyway...I will stop rambling on...just something I found interesting while procratinating about doing laundry.:)