PDA

View Full Version : *Europe Gets Hit By Winter Storms*

chesswarsnow
02-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Europeans have been hit hard by some heavy storms, killing many, losing power,..etc.
2. We in America have been hit as well.
3. Seems many countries have been hit by winter storms.
4. All that Global Warming, yeah right!
5. Link & sample:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/01/2832566.htm?section=justin

"At least 50 people have been killed in violent storms that have caused chaos in Europe.

Most were killed in France, but Spain, Germany and Portugal have all recorded fatalities.

Packing winds just under 150 kilometres an hour, the intense low caused havoc in many countries.

Flooding was most serious in France and Spain and a 10-year-old boy was one of a number of people killed by falling trees.

In the French Vendee region, houses were inundated and people had to be rescued by helicopter from their roofs.

At least a dozen people in France remain unaccounted for and there have been at least 60 injuries.

Up to a million people were without power.

The UK is on flood alert and authorities in Denmark are on standby as the storm continues to track north."

6. Them dumb ass Europeans are still onboard for Global Warming too!!!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Just on your last point, i saw a Newsnight program not too long ago, and i think a raw poll came out with 50 % sceptical on man-made global warming in a poll of UK voters.
Now i don't know what the rest of Europe is like, but i think its a bit of a mistake to both insult and presume the thoughts of 500 Million people,

chesswarsnow
02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

Just on your last point, i saw a Newsnight program not too long ago, and i think a raw poll came out with 50 % sceptical on man-made global warming in a poll of UK voters.
Now i don't know what the rest of Europe is like, but i think its a bit of a mistake to both insult and presume the thoughts of 500 Million people,

1. Well if those stats are correct then there are 250 million idiots roaming Europe!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well if those stats are correct then there are 250 million idiots roaming Europe!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

My stats were in reference to a poll of UK citizens, as i said i have no idea what other Euro nations thoughts are on the matter, and thus i'm surprised you do.

chesswarsnow
02-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Sorry bout that,

My stats were in reference to a poll of UK citizens, as i said i have no idea what other Euro nations thoughts are on the matter, and thus i'm surprised you do.

1. Well if half the Brits think Global Warming is a sham, and the Brits are way more smarter than the average European.
2. Then its safe to say that atleast 250 million Europeans are idiots.
3. Case closed!:laugh2:
4. Next!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Luna Tick
03-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Once again, boys and girls, a cold winter does not mean there's no global warming. Look up the difference between weather and climate. They're not one and the same. Global warming means the average earth's temperature is rising over time. You can have a cold spell and have the average still go up. All the scientific evidence has been proving over and over that the earth's average temperature has indeed been increasing over time. It's a fact as sure as is continental drift.

The Europeans are not in any way stupid for taking global warming seriously. What's stupid is to conclude that there's no global warming just because you got snowed in.

Agnapostate
03-03-2010, 04:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTR-xzA8xLk