PDA

View Full Version : Marine Let's Us Know What He Thinks

Sitarro
04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Marine tells it like it is in email just posted on Drudge..........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message
Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

From PatDollard.com:

This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

A view from OP Horea, “Most Dangerous Spot On Earth”, Downtown Ramadi. I no shit watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

“yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting…. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED’s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don’t Claim It Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP’s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA’s. it sucks that iraqi’s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete shit more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say “hey thats not nice” again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.
and for messages back home.

Gaffer
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Need more of these. It's always interesting that the troops that are there have such a different perspective than the libs and media here.

gabosaurus
04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I am sure he got a nice bonus for that.

darin
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I am sure he got a nice bonus for that.

wtf are you talking about? Really? I mean, SERIOUSLY? Can you be SERIOUS? I'm starting to think you cannot.

gabosaurus
04-23-2007, 02:11 PM
American soldiers in Iraq have admitted to earning cash bonuses for authoring positive public statements about the war.

darin
04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
American soldiers in Iraq have admitted to earning cash bonuses for authoring positive public statements about the war.

what a crock of horseshit.

Gaffer
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM

:link:

That's just lib propaganda.

Sitarro
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM

You need to do a movie about what it's like to live in that paranoid little world of yours.......horror flicks are real popular right now. You could theoretically make a bunch of cash and then we can all see whether you actually put your money where you mouth is. We'll see how much your hatred for capitalism stays with you when you are the one in the higher tax brackets.

Forget it, never happen......it would take actual work to pull it off.

By the way ace, it was a personal e-mail, the guy that received it made it public.

ALERT.....DON"T DO THIS STUNT THAT I DESCRIBED BELOW. I WAS JUST JOKING...DON"T DO IT!!!!!

Hey gabby, you know what is really cool, if you look down the barrel of a loaded gun and pull the trigger, if you really consentrate, you can see the bullet coming up the barrel....you have to use a rifle though because the barrel is longer .........but be sure to move you head before it comes out or you could get hurt....... I've done it, it looks really cool!

:lol: This is what is called "thinning the herd".:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Proof?

theHawk
04-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Without a doubt the dumbest thing you've ever said. :lame2:

Try spending some time in the military before you make such idiotic and uninformed statements about the military.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Marine tells it like it is in email just posted on Drudge..........

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

Irate Marine in Ramadi Responds to 'War is Lost' Message
Mon Apr 23 2007 13:07:1 ET

From PatDollard.com:

This Email To Me, Harry, And America, Direct From A Grunt On The Front Lines Of Ramadi, Is Just Hours Old.

Corporal Tyler Rock, 1/6 Charlie Company, on the left, at my old home, Camp Hurricane Point, Ramadi.

A view from OP Horea, “Most Dangerous Spot On Earth”, Downtown Ramadi. I no shit watched several terrorists die, on several different days, on this small strip of asphalt. We also took many IED strikes on it. This photo is from Corporal Rock.

Today, from Corporal Tyler Rock in an outpost in downtown Ramadi. His first sentence is in response to an email from me:

“yeah i know how you feel. its going to be very weird leaving this place and going back to america. weve been here for almost an entire year and have lived in the center of it the whole time. its crazy that when we got here it was so hectic and now its calmed down so much. so it was awesome to be able to see that turn out.

yeah news worth reporting…. well ramadi was once dubbed by everyone as the worst city in the world. but we have done such a great job here that all the families in the area have worked with us on driving out the insurgency and that we work directly with the IA and the IP’s. the city has been cleaned up so well that the IP’s do most of the patrols now and we go out with them to hand out candy and toys to the children. you can tell that the people want us here to protect them from the thugs and gangs (insurgents). granted they would rather have peace and quit but they know that if we arent here they will be thrown around by the insurgents. a good example is this one mission we did. long story short we got blown up in multiple buildings and had to run into a families house. i spent my christmas holidays covered in ash from the mortar fire and the IED’s, sleeping under a dirty rug i found in the house. everyone was sleeping way to close for comfort just to stay warm. anyways. a family was there and they obviously didnt want us there. atleast at first. the daughters were very sick so our corpsman treated them. they didnt have electricity so we got them a generator for power, they were cold so we got them gas heaters, we got them food and water and then we gave them $500. by the end of the week long visit with them we were drinking tea with them. when we left we cleaned their house better than it was when we got there. i even have pictures with the family. they told us that they liked marines and they would help us as much as they could and they gave us some information on the insurgents in the area. we ended up catching a HUGE target down the road from there house because of it.

Part Of A Weapons Cache Seized Recently In Fields Next To What Used To Be An Insurgent Claimed Hospital. Thanks To 1/6, The Insurgents Don’t Claim It Anymore. Zarqawi Had Reportedly Been Treated There.

yeah and i got a qoute for that douche harry reid. these families need us here. obviously he has never been in iraq. or atleast the area worth seeing. the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces. we need to stay here and help rebuild. if iraq didnt want us here then why do we have IP’s voluntering everyday to rebuild their cities. and working directly with us too. same with the IA’s. it sucks that iraqi’s have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete shit more than the people in america who drink starbucks everyday. we could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. and then we could wait for 3,000 more american civilians to die before we say “hey thats not nice” again. and the sad thing is after we WIN this war. people like him will say he was there for us the whole time.
and for messages back home.

Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt." Half of this email, if it's even real, isn't even coherent, much less something to ooh and ahh over. This guy says they've driven out the insurgency, but what's going to happen when they leave? The thing he fails to mention is that every so-called "Iraqi" in that city is loyal to his or her own ethnic or religious sect and as soon as the occupying force leaves the area, the civil war will start right back up again in full bloom. The only way this conflict will end is if one side, the Sunni or Shia dominates the other. Personally, I think the Shia will end up winning because they're backed by Iran. But until then, American soldiers will continue to die. And American servicemen's wives will continue to be widowed.

darin
04-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt." Half of this email, if it's even real, isn't even coherent, much less something to ooh and ahh over. This guy says they've driven out the insurgency, but what's going to happen when they leave? The thing he fails to mention is that every so-called "Iraqi" in that city is loyal to his or her own ethnic or religious sect and as soon as the occupying force leaves the area, the civil war will start right back up again in full bloom. The only way this conflict will end is if one side, the Sunni or Shia dominates the other. Personally, I think the Shia will end up winning because they're backed by Iran. But until then, American soldiers will continue to die. And American servicemen's wives will continue to be widowed.

Dude - You really missed the point. And your slam against those who choose perhaps THE most noble career is noted.

From those of us who HAVE given enough of a damn to serve the greater good:

:fu:

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 11:14 AM
What makes you believe that it is THE most noble career? It is a choice that you make. There are a great many noble careers out there. There are many career choices that benefit the American people as a whole.
Serving in the military is a noble career choice, but it doesn't mean your sh*t doesn't stink. I have nothing but sincere appreciation for those who serve in the military. The same appreciation I show toward policemen, firemen, people who work on roads and educators.
Not everyone is inclined to follow the same path in life.

theHawk
04-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Look, if the troops were smart enough to be making policy then they'd have gone to college and gotten a job with the state department or gone to officer candidacy school instead of joining the military to be a "grunt."

Nice cheapshot on our military. Typical liberal view of our military: a bunch of dumb idiots who don't know whats best for themselves.
I joined the military after getting a college degree, and I got more out of the military then I ever did in college.
For once try to comprehend that attending college doesn't really open your view of worldly events, if anything it narrows them. Until you yourself have actually lived the two differnt lifestyles, that of an easy going lax college life, and that of serving in the military, you should probably keep your mouth in check.

darin
04-24-2007, 11:23 AM
What makes you believe that it is THE most noble career? It is a choice that you make. There are a great many noble careers out there. There are many career choices that benefit the American people as a whole.
Serving in the military is a noble career choice, but it doesn't mean your sh*t doesn't stink. I have nothing but sincere appreciation for those who serve in the military. The same appreciation I show toward policemen, firemen, people who work on roads and educators.

www.hop.com

Re-read my thread, then re-ask your first question.

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Still makes it your opinion. You can't force your views and opinions on others.

darin
04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Still makes it your opinion. You can't force your views and opinions on others.

What is my opinion?

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 11:38 AM
And your slam against those who choose perhaps THE most noble career is noted.

Your opinion has thus been noted.

-Cp
04-24-2007, 11:51 AM

It's the most noble because without the Military there'd be no need for police, firemen, road workers and educators.. why? Cause WE'D HAVE COUNTRY for them to work in....

darin
04-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Your opinion has thus been noted.

Right. See why your statement/question was wrong?

Darin: "Perhaps the most noble"

You: "What makes you think it is the most noble?"

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Nice cheapshot on our military. Typical liberal view of our military: a bunch of dumb idiots who don't know whats best for themselves.
I joined the military after getting a college degree, and I got more out of the military then I ever did in college.
For once try to comprehend that attending college doesn't really open your view of worldly events, if anything it narrows them. Until you yourself have actually lived the two differnt lifestyles, that of an easy going lax college life, and that of serving in the military, you should probably keep your mouth in check.

Typical hardline conservative response to anything resembling criticism of the military. It takes no skill, no academic prowess, no brainpower at all to join the military. All you have to have is a GED and warm blood. And you make a good point about it being a voluteer force in your earlier post. These guys aren't being drafted, so why should I respect them? I've worked my ass off to reach the level I've reached and I didn't have to wear fatigues to get here, so shove off with your self-righteous gobblety-gook about how "noble" it is to work for the government and be told what to do by an officer.
I'm perfectly aware of the danger military personnel put themselves in to fight for our government and I respect it, but I'm not going to sit quietly by while some uneducated "grunt" teenager blames Harry Reid, the guy who's trying to get him out of Iraq, as well as me and anyone else fighting against this illegal war for the situation he finds himself in. It's bullsh*t and if you'd take the blinders off maybe you'd see that. Nobody here is fighting against the military, we're fighting against the war and the administration that is the reason why over 3000 US servicemen and women are dead.

darin
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
it takes no skill, no academic prowess, no brainpower at all to join the military.

Really. eh? Hrm....

You're wearing ignorance as a badge of honor?

Almost all officers - 98 percent - are college graduates and four out of ten have a master's or doctorate degree. Among enlisted soldiers at the rank of sergeant or below, only 5.3 percent are college graduates, according to Army demographics figures.

At the same time, 82.9 percent of the Army's enlisted force has a high school degree, or equivalent. That's above the national average: 78.8 percent of the public at large has finished high school, according to 2005 U.S. Census data.

"It's incorrect to say that they are average. In terms of education or aptitude, (military personnel) are above average," said RAND Corp. Beth Asch, a senior economist specializing in military recruitment with the Santa Monica, Calif., consulting firm.
:D (http://www.coxwashington.com/hp/content/reporters/stories/2006/11/03/BC_IRAQ_SOLDIERS02_COX.html)

You tell me it takes no brainpower to join the army? Have you taken the ASVAB? If so, what did you score? :)

See - the Army, I speak from experience, does something NO OTHER Educational Institution can do. In College, if you fail, you re-take the test. In the Military, if you fail, you or your buddies often die.

Seriously man - You're ignorant. Really truly ignorant by the honest definition of the word.

Samantha
04-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Dude - You really missed the point. And your slam against those who choose perhaps THE most noble career is noted.

From those of us who HAVE given enough of a damn to serve the greater good:

:fu:I'd say the most noble career is the one that brings peace, like say a diplomat or a peace negotiator. No offense.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Really. eh? Hrm....

You're wearing ignorance as a badge of honor?

You tell me it takes no brainpower to join the army? Have you taken the ASVAB? If so, what did you score? :)

See - the Army, I speak from experience, does something NO OTHER Educational Institution can do. In College, if you fail, you re-take the test. In the Military, if you fail, you or your buddies often die.

Seriously man - You're ignorant. Really truly ignorant by the honest definition of the word.

Thanks for the negative rep points ass. You know what I said is true. Of course, if you're above average intelligence you're going to get a better position. I never said you wouldn't. You absolutely cannot deny that it takes anything more than a GED and a beating heart to join the military. You can't deny it. You cannot deny it. It's a fucking fact dude. The court system puts wayward youths into the military as an alternative to jail time. What other profession gets that?

darin
04-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the negative rep points ass. You know what I said is true. Of course, if you're above average intelligence you're going to get a better position. I never said you wouldn't. You absolutely cannot deny that it takes anything more than a GED and a beating heart to join the military. You can't deny it. You cannot deny it. It's a fucking fact dude. The court system puts wayward youths into the military as an alternative to jail time. What other profession gets that?

No - what you said is NOT true. You personally insult EVER service man or woman with your comments. It's condescending, arrogant, and flat-out wrong.

You should be kissing the boots of men and women who have the BALLS you don't possess, that they'd willingly sacrifice for YOUR good.

:(

Your last bit about 'go to jail, or go to the army'? That stopped in 1960. Get with it.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
No - what you said is NOT true. You personally insult EVER service man or woman with your comments. It's condescending, arrogant, and flat-out wrong.

You should be kissing the boots of men and women who have the BALLS you don't possess, that they'd willingly sacrifice for YOUR good.

:(

Your last bit about 'go to jail, or go to the army'? That stopped in 1960. Get with it.

My cousin is living proof of military service over jailtime. That did not stop in 1960. And I will NEVER kiss the boots of anyone, much less some government slave living off my tax dollars.
Keep worshipping the war machine, see if I care.

darin
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
My cousin is living proof of military service over jailtime. That did not stop in 1960. And I will NEVER kiss the boots of anyone, much less some government slave living off my tax dollars.
Keep worshipping the war machine, see if I care.

You're a horrible citizen of your country... :( I pity you.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
You're a horrible citizen of your country... :( I pity you.

I pity your inability to think objectively. You're totally bought and paid for by the Judeo-Christian, war machine, consumer culture and it's a shame because you say some pretty smart things sometimes. Too bad

darin
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I pity your inability to think objectively. You're totally bought and paid for by the Judeo-Christian, war machine, consumer culture and it's a shame because you say some pretty smart things sometimes. Too bad

Your opinion of me would matter, except you're a liar. You attack and you attack and you insult GOOD Men and women - you make CRAZY claims about their 'smarts', and in the face of compelling data, you REFUSE to back down because of your PRIDE. Get OVER yourself. Seriously - you are stopping you from a LOT of personal growth. :D

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Your opinion of me would matter, except you're a liar. You attack and you attack and you insult GOOD Men and women - you make CRAZY claims about their 'smarts', and in the face of compelling data, you REFUSE to back down because of your PRIDE. Get OVER yourself. Seriously - you are stopping you from a LOT of personal growth. :D

Dude with GED + recruiting station = job in the military. It's that simple.

Samantha
04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Samantha - If You have a problem with the board or it's staff - send a note to the Admins - do NOT clutter-up this thread complaining how the board is run -

Admin

darin
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Dude with GED + recruiting station = job in the military. It's that simple.

But so WHAT? Dude with GED + Computer = Microsoft Millionaire perhaps.

(shrug)

Samantha
04-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Samantha - If You have a problem with the board or it's staff - send a note to the Admins - do NOT clutter-up this thread complaining how the board is run -

AdminI didn't say this. Why has my post been fucked with? This is abuse of moderator power.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
But so WHAT? Dude with GED + Computer = Microsoft Millionaire perhaps.

(shrug)

That's all I've been saying this whole time. I may have indulged in a little bit of colorful language, which may have made it seem insulting, but the point is that any shmo can join the military. It's not some exalted higher calling like you and others make it out to be. Let's not kid ourselves, it's a government job. So what? It's dangerous. So what? Why should a highschool-educated grunt get my respect? Because he's "fighting for my freedoms?" I'd argue that he's not. Everyone knows this war in particular is doing more to fuel terrorism than it is to quell it. So that grunt's presence in the middle east is actually doing more to endanger me than to ensure my freedom regardless of what you or anyone else may "believe." So what then? Do you have a dim-witted bumper sticker talking point for that sentiment?

(shrug/taking a sip of mountain dew/saying "ah"/crossing leg/letting out a silent fart)

darin
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I didn't say this. Why has my post been fucked with? This is abuse of moderator power.

Your post was edited for the reason given IN THE EDIT. Take your comments about how the board is run OFF this thread, and to PMs. This is your 2nd warning.

Samantha
04-24-2007, 01:20 PM
You're now on a 24 hour ban for failing to follow instructions set-forth by the Administration of this board. - Admin

darin
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
any shmo can join the military.

But that is NOT true. It's not 'any schmo'. It's people who have passed a battery of tests (physical and mental), and those who serve honorably ARE measurably BETTER in character than those who did not. It's NOT just a 'government Job' - it's a career path which absolutely can grow Character and Reason and Maturity NO OTHER PROFESSION can duplicate. It's SACRIFICE.

Samantha
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Third Strike - you're out. - Admin

darin
04-24-2007, 01:22 PM
What I really said in that last quote, before the moderator/insulter changed it was that the owner of the board has made threads asking for civil discussion, but apparently can't enforce that idea among his moderators.

For this, I get harrassing PMs and changed posts which say things I never typed.

You're now on a 24 hour ban for failing to follow guidelines set-forth by the Administration of this board.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 01:27 PM
But that is NOT true. It's not 'any schmo'. It's people who have passed a battery of tests (physical and mental), and those who serve honorably ARE measurably BETTER in character than those who did not. It's NOT just a 'government Job' - it's a career path which absolutely can grow Character and Reason and Maturity NO OTHER PROFESSION can duplicate. It's SACRIFICE.

It's a job. Most jobs mature people in some way, shape or form. Having to show up on time and be a productive member of a staff does the same thing. And you're leaving out the huge possible side effect of maiming, death and/or ptsd that comes with being in the military. That sux.

darin
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
It's a job. Most jobs mature people in some way, shape or form. Having to show up on time and be a productive member of a staff does the same thing. And you're leaving out the huge possible side effect of maiming, death and/or ptsd that comes with being in the military. That sux.

Untrue because you haven't served. I don't blame you. But serving in the Military will make you a better person - for your sacrifice - than you could get elsewhere...that's reality in probably 95% of those who serve(d) honorably.

Hagbard Celine
04-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Untrue because you haven't served. I don't blame you. But serving in the Military will make you a better person - for your sacrifice - than you could get elsewhere...that's reality in probably 95% of those who serve(d) honorably.

Wait, what's untrue. That only military jobs instill maturity and growth? Or is anything I say about the military untrue BECAUSE I haven't served? Either way you're cracked my friend.

darin
04-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Wait, what's untrue. That only military jobs instill maturity and growth? Or is anything I say about the military untrue BECAUSE I haven't served? Either way you're cracked my friend.

What is untrue is your comments about the lack of mental prowess required to join and serve. What is also untrue is your sentiment that 'any ol' job' can teach somebody strength of character and what-not.

Crazy Liberal Moonbat.

:)

theHawk
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Typical hardline conservative response to anything resembling criticism of the military. It takes no skill, no academic prowess, no brainpower at all to join the military. All you have to have is a GED and warm blood. And you make a good point about it being a voluteer force in your earlier post. These guys aren't being drafted, so why should I respect them? I've worked my ass off to reach the level I've reached and I didn't have to wear fatigues to get here, so shove off with your self-righteous gobblety-gook about how "noble" it is to work for the government and be told what to do by an officer.
I'm perfectly aware of the danger military personnel put themselves in to fight for our government and I respect it, but I'm not going to sit quietly by while some uneducated "grunt" teenager blames Harry Reid, the guy who's trying to get him out of Iraq, as well as me and anyone else fighting against this illegal war for the situation he finds himself in. It's bullsh*t and if you'd take the blinders off maybe you'd see that. Nobody here is fighting against the military, we're fighting against the war and the administration that is the reason why over 3000 US servicemen and women are dead.

What you say might be true to an extent, it is relatively easy to get into the military. The point isn't what people are like before they join, its what they do during. Some people call it "Republican welfare" and sometimes I can understand why lol. But all of your arguements can just as easily be used for any other profession. Is it really that hard to get into college these days? Please, as long as you have the money, they'll take you. I can tell you first hand I saw more blooming pothead idiots in college than I ever saw in the military.

The original point was that what most of them do is probably the "most" noble of careers out there. I think most cultures have typically held their soldiers up as the most honorable people in their society, and rightfully so. I'm sure flamming liberals that hate the military and the "war machine" would have their own idea of what is the most noble thing you can do in society....my guess would be things like trial lawyers who fight to protect terrorists' civil rights, doctors that perform abortions to help keep those pesky kids from being born, and of course politicians that sell their country out and help move the country to a socialst welfare state.

Gaffer
04-24-2007, 07:12 PM
That's all I've been saying this whole time. I may have indulged in a little bit of colorful language, which may have made it seem insulting, but the point is that any shmo can join the military. It's not some exalted higher calling like you and others make it out to be. Let's not kid ourselves, it's a government job. So what? It's dangerous. So what? Why should a highschool-educated grunt get my respect? Because he's "fighting for my freedoms?" I'd argue that he's not. Everyone knows this war in particular is doing more to fuel terrorism than it is to quell it. So that grunt's presence in the middle east is actually doing more to endanger me than to ensure my freedom regardless of what you or anyone else may "believe." So what then? Do you have a dim-witted bumper sticker talking point for that sentiment?

(shrug/taking a sip of mountain dew/saying "ah"/crossing leg/letting out a silent fart)

Your ignorance is overwhelming. People join the military for all sorts of personal reasons. Education, adventure, a chance to see the world. some for patriotic reasons or becuase its a family tradition. But to say anybody can join is rediculous. You must have at least a GED. You then take a battery of tests. If you don't score high enough your not getting in. There's a new military out there and it requires a high IQ and the ability to learn. The technology used bt the military today would make your head swim. The days of the dumb grunt cannon fodder are over. They have been over for a long time.

Serving in the military is not a higher calling, it a personal choice. A choice you chose not to make. It is a dangerous job, but a rewarding job, but not a reward you would ever comprehend.

The libs want to portray our military as victims being used. That's not the case. They are serving because they wanted too. They are proud of their jobs and proud of what they are doing. Can you say the same?

Those guys you see on the news, kicking in doors and engaging in firefights. Those are the grunts. And you can better they are smarter and better trained than you will ever be in any career you chose. They aren't the dummies that couldn't get into any other job in the military. That do that job because they want too. Anyone of them could get on a major city SWAT team tomorrow if they wanted too. It's the adrenalin rush thing they like best. You wouldn't comprehend that either.

Your very quick to critque a soldiers writing and make an assumption about him when you know nothing about him or what he's doing. He sent an email to a friend. Probably had to get it out before going on the next mission. How well do you write when your rushed? But you just go back to making your snide remarks, sitting at your desk with your legs crossed and farting. he's out there seeing to it that you are free to do that, with or without your appreciation.

Gunny
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM

I bet you "support the troops," too, huh?

Bet it never occurred to you that one, some people are grunts because they WANT TO BE, and two, that most grunts posess technical skills you wouldn't understand if you had a book?

And it's so telling that since you can't refute his statement, you condescendingly attack his profession as if he were some lower form of life whose opinion is not to be considered.

I prefer the company of grunts to the company of snot-nosed elitists that couldn't fight their way out of wet paper bag if they had to.

gabosaurus
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I have tremendous support for the American military. They do a dangerous job. Not to mention having to do the biding of a bunch of power-crazy lunatics.

The military is a wonderful profession, but it is not for everyone. There are a lot of Americans who serve their country betting by staying home and filling other needed occupations. All of which are equally necessary to the survival of the country.