PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: Lawmakers Should Sacrifice Jobs for Health Care

red states rule
03-01-2010, 07:58 AM
I wonder if San fran Nan would be saying this, if she was not is such a safe district as the far left wacko world of San Francisco

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/pelosi_022510_monster_397x224.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers, a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.

Lawmakers sometimes must enact policies that, even if unpopular at the moment, will help the public, Pelosi said in an interview being broadcast Sunday the ABC News program "This Week."
"We're not here just to self-perpetuate our service in Congress," she said. "We're here to do the job for the American people."

It took courage for Congress to pass Social Security and Medicare, which eventually became highly popular, she said, "and many of the same forces that were at work decades ago are at work again against this bill."

It's unclear whether Pelosi's remarks will embolden or chill dozens of moderate House Democrats who face withering criticisms of the health care proposal in visits with constituents and in national polls. Republican lawmaker unanimously oppose the health care proposals, and many GOP strategists believe voters will turn against Democrats in the November elections.

Pelosi, from San Francisco, is more liberal than scores of her Democratic colleagues. But she generally walks a careful line between urging them to back left-of-center policies and giving them a green light to buck party leaders to improve their re-election hopes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/28/pelosi-lawmakers-sacrifice-jobs-health-care/

glockmail
03-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Of course not. :laugh2:

red states rule
03-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Of course not. :laugh2:

This is the first time I can recall any lawmaker tell their fellow party memebrs to committ political suicide by ramming thru a hugely unpopular bill

Every poll I have seen for the last few months has shown a majority is opposed to Obamacare

The truth is, Dems have tried and wanted to bring socialize medinine to America since FDR. Now that they are close to doing it, they are allowing their thirst for power overtake their political common sense

glockmail
03-01-2010, 09:28 AM
This is the first time I can recall any lawmaker tell their fellow party memebrs to committ political suicide by ramming thru a hugely unpopular bill

Every poll I have seen for the last few months has shown a majority is opposed to Obamacare

The truth is, Dems have tried and wanted to bring socialize medinine to America since FDR. Now that they are close to doing it, they are allowing their thirst for power overtake their political common sense

I think there are a lot of Democrats who are willing to fall on their swords so they can be part of this "landmark" legislation. Like Social Security and Big Government, it will become an insidious part of our lives, it will cause more folks to be poor and hence rely on it, and they will become dependable Democrat voters because it was the Democrats who selflessly gave them these great gifts.

red states rule
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I think there are a lot of Democrats who are willing to fall on their swords so they can be part of this "landmark" legislation. Like Social Security and Big Government, it will become an insidious part of our lives, it will cause more folks to be poor and hence rely on it, and they will become dependable Democrat voters because it was the Democrats who selflessly gave them these great gifts.

Not so in the House. I have heard that there as still about 40 Dems who will NOT vote for this, and are opposed to ramming it thru

But Pelosi is now admitting that the American people do not want this passed. But, she could not care les what the people want, she - like Obama - is obsessed with passing Obamacare no matter what

So much for the Dems caring about the will of the people and serving the people

03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, alright, if Pelosi and her Democrats sacrifice their jobs now so that conservative Republicans can be put in their place, Id have no problem with health care reform. Because id be confident something good was actually going to happen like more competition between companies and government reducing taxes and spending so the people can afford it more.

glockmail
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Not so in the House. I have heard that there as still about 40 Dems who will NOT vote for this, and are opposed to ramming it thru

But Pelosi is now admitting that the American people do not want this passed. But, she could not care les what the people want, she - like Obama - is obsessed with passing Obamacare no matter what

So much for the Dems caring about the will of the people and serving the people

Certainly there are Democrats less ideological then Pelosi and Obama. They will likely be getting late night visits, to themselves or to their families back home.

red states rule
03-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Bottom line is Pelosi actually thinks she knows what is best for the American people, and they are to damn stupid to know better

She is reading way to much into the Dems win in 2008, and is determined to ram Obamacare thru no matter how much oppoition is out there

Besides, what else in her life has Pelosi done except take other peoples money form them and give to others? She really does not know how to do anything else