PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend and victim are packin........

Trinity
03-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Craigslist Seller Shot Selling Car

DAYTON, Ohio -- A man from Colerain Township continues to recover after being shot Sunday afternoon.

The victim named "Chris" – who didn't want to give his last name – traveled to Dayton, Ohio to sell his 1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 after listing the car for sale on craigslist. After meeting the buyer to pay for the car, someone ambushed and shot him, then stole the car.

Chris says the buyer first contacted him and told him he would pay cash for his car.

"My girlfriend's dad told me not to come up here [Dayton]. He said. 'Don't do it, make him come down to Cincinnati to get it.' I should have listened," said Chris, from his Dayton area hospital bed.

Chris had surgery Monday to insert a rod to repair his leg. He continues to recover.

Chris says that he, the prospective buyer and his girlfriend, all met in Dayton then traveled down to Cincinnati to notarize the title.

"I go to ask him for the money and he says 'I forgot the money in Dayton', so I said 'Okay'. That's when it started getting a little bit fishy," said Chris.

He said the buyer kept telling him different locations to meet to get the money. Chris said they ended up meeting on a dead-end street.

He said his girlfriend texted him, warning him she saw a gun in someone's pocket just before a man appeared and shot him in the leg.

That's when Chris' girlfriend, who drove in a second car, pulled out a gun and opened fire.

Chris also had a gun and fired back.

"Never once did it cross my mind that I would have to use my gun," said Chris.

Both Chris and his girlfriend got about four blocks away before calling police for help.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Craigslist-Seller-Shot-Selling-Car/p4sfQ7YZY0WbDMO7_VhIdg.cspx

Insein
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Ive sold 2 cars on craig's list. Never, EVER let the buyer tell you where to go. You control the location and the transaction. I always take it to a public setting with cameras, like a mall or a Walmart/Target center.

People that let me come to their house when I buy things, I always think they are foolish. They take their lives and their families lives in their hands. I'm trustworthy but the next guy may not be.

03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
If someone told me they forgot the money when they are trying to buy my car, I would have just told them to call me when they find the money and left.