PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

CSM
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I know nobody really cares but I'm back from vacation. Took a cruise to Mexico/Guatamala/Belize and got my scuba open water certification while down there. Gone 10 days and you guys have 2231 new posts since I last checked in...lots of reading to do!

chesswarsnow
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Welcome back, lets get a look at you!
2. Start with my posts, they are so educational!:laugh2:

Regards,
sirJamesofTexas

red states rule
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I know nobody really cares but I'm back from vacation. Took a cruise to Mexico/Guatamala/Belize and got my scuba open water certification while down there. Gone 10 days and you guys have 2231 new posts since I last checked in...lots of reading to do!

Welcome back. Any pictures from the vacation?

HogTrash
03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
If you are well rested, stress free and not flat broke, your vacation was a success.

Welcome home sarge. :salute:

Jeff
03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Hope ya had a great time and Welcome back

CSM
03-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Had an awesome time...great diving on the reefs. Had a lot of National Geographic moments with stingrays, spotted eagle rays, moray eels and oodles of tropical fish. Even had a face to face showdown with a baraccuda; they are normally not aggressive but this one wasn't giving way to anything and especially not me. Both fish and myself decided to leave each other alone and go our separate ways. I will try to get some pics later this week (my buddy has a digital underwater camera and took lots of pics).

Abbey Marie
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Welcome back! I'm jealous...

Kathianne
03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome back! I'm jealous...

I couldn't have put it better. :green:

Noir
03-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Welcome back ^_^

chesswarsnow
03-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now that you're back get in here and get on *My Side*!:laugh2:
2. Stop fooling arond!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
welcome back :)

CSM
03-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now that you're back get in here and get on *My Side*!:laugh2:
2. Stop fooling arond!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:lol:

I don't take "sides" per say.

darin
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
welcome back Sergeant Major - where the pics from the vaca??

CSM
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
welcome back Sergeant Major - where the pics from the vaca??

Working on it. My dive buddy lives in Maine and hasn't gotten them to me yet.

darin
03-03-2010, 10:44 AM
every day he's late, he owes you push-ups.

:D

SassyLady
03-04-2010, 01:19 AM

Well, I'm jealous!!! :slap: Welcome back!

Love scuba diving - got my license in Cozumel.....when I came up after the first dive I told my husband this was going to be an expensive hobby because we would be doing a lot of dives! Next time was in Jamaica and then Cancun. Tried Pacific Ocean - Monterey Bay. Hated it - too cold!

CSM
03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, I'm jealous!!! :slap: Welcome back!

Love scuba diving - got my license in Cozumel.....when I came up after the first dive I told my husband this was going to be an expensive hobby because we would be doing a lot of dives! Next time was in Jamaica and then Cancun. Tried Pacific Ocean - Monterey Bay. Hated it - too cold!

Like any other sport/hobby, scuba can get as expensive as you want it to be! I bought some gear already and probably will buy more (instead of renting), but I'm old and foolish! I plan on doing a lot more diving and will try the coast of Maine this summer even though I KNOW it will be cold.

Abbey Marie
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Like any other sport/hobby, scuba can get as expensive as you want it to be! I bought some gear already and probably will buy more (instead of renting), but I'm old and foolish! I plan on doing a lot more diving and will try the coast of Maine this summer even though I KNOW it will be cold.

Yes, I can attest that the water in Maine is cold, even in summer. :thumb:

SassyLady
03-05-2010, 02:53 AM

Lately, the expensive part is paying to get the gear to the same place I'm going.

I can remember the exhiliaration I felt the first time we came across a couple of nurse sharks. Ever wondered how someone can scream internally? Well, I learned first hand.....but it wasn't a scream of fright, but of sheer excitement to think we were swimming with sharks!!!

The scariest time for me was being in the water with jellyfish. In the Caribbean we swam in just our swimsuits....no wetsuits....so lots of exposed flesh.

CSM
03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Lately, the expensive part is paying to get the gear to the same place I'm going.

I can remember the exhiliaration I felt the first time we came across a couple of nurse sharks. Ever wondered how someone can scream internally? Well, I learned first hand.....but it wasn't a scream of fright, but of sheer excitement to think we were swimming with sharks!!!

The scariest time for me was being in the water with jellyfish. In the Caribbean we swam in just our swimsuits....no wetsuits....so lots of exposed flesh.

I saw 3 nurse sharks on my first dive. Most thrilling for me was seeing the spotted eagle rays ... they were sooooo coool!

SassyLady
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I saw 3 nurse sharks on my first dive. Most thrilling for me was seeing the spotted eagle rays ... they were sooooo coool!

You might not want to answer this, because I know from personal experience that CSM's are never scared by anything :laugh2:.........but what has been your scariest moment?