PDA

View Full Version : *Mandatory Insurance Is Wrong For America*

chesswarsnow
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, its wrong, and holding over peoples heads that they will either get it willingly, or else be fined, is an outrage!
2. It will ruin what America is all about.
3. It won't fix whats wrong with healthcare, it will make things worse, for we all know not everyone can afford it.
4. We know that 90% of black people will not be paying for it, and will not make enough money to be fined either.
5. Same goes with poor or middle class whites, 60% of whites can't afford it now, those self employed, or they would already have it.
6. What this does is play into the hands of the hospitals, insurance companies, and the doctors, also the pharmaceutical companies, medical machinery.
7. More money will flood into the industry than ever before, they will be in hog heaven.
8. Each one serves the other, its a mafia type based business.
9. They are all in *The Family*.
10. You heard it here first, its the truth for sure.

Link & Sample:http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/03/obama-democrats-will-use-reconciliation-to-pass-senate-health-care-bill.html

"White House officials tell ABC News that in his remarks tomorrow President Obama will indicate a willingness to work with Republicans on some issue to get a health care reform bill passed but will suggest that if it is necessary, Democrats will use the controversial "reconciliation" rules requiring only 51 Senate votes to pass the "fix" to the Senate bill, as opposed to the 60 votes to stop a filibuster and proceed to a vote on a bill.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have been awaiting the president’s remarks direction on how health care reform will proceed.

In his remarks, scheduled to be at the White House, the president will paint a picture of what he will say will happen without a health care reform bill – skyrocketing premiums, everyone at the mercy of the insurance industry as recently seen with the 39% premium increases proposed by Anthem Blue Cross in California.

He will note that the “fixed” bill will include the proposal for a new "Health Insurance Rate Authority" to set guidelines for reasonable rate increases. If proposed premium increases are not justifiable per those Health Insurance Rate Authority guidelines, the Health and Human Services Secretary or state regulators could block them.

The plan to pass the bill includes having the House of Representatives pass the Democratic Senate health care reform legislation as well as a second bill containing various “fixes.”

The president will call for an up or down vote on health care reform, as has happened in the past, and though he won't use the word "reconciliation," he'll make it clear that if they're not given an up or down vote, Democrats will use the reconciliation rules as Republicans have done in the past.

White House officials will make the argument these rules are perfectly appropriate because the procedure is not being used for the whole bill, just for some fixes; because reconciliation rules are traditionally used for deficit reduction and health care reform will reduce the deficit; and because the reconciliation process has been used many times by Republicans for larger legislation such as the tax cuts pushed by President George W. Bush."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

krisy
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't understand the need to rush this they way they are....something soooo huge.

I also know that everything the government runs ends up a mucked up mess!!

Gaffer
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
But chess you wanted obamacare. You spent endless posts defending it and proposing it's being implemented immediately. It's still the same garbage that you wanted before, what's changed?

You will pay through the nose for health insurance or you will pay through the nose out of pocket. It's still a lose lose situation for you.

Monkeybone
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
But chess you wanted obamacare. You spent endless posts defending it and proposing it's being implemented immediately. It's still the same garbage that you wanted before, what's changed?

You will pay through the nose for health insurance or you will pay through the nose out of pocket. It's still a lose lose situation for you.

Oh you beat me to it Gaf. :cheers2:

what is probably upsetting him is that, it is mandatory that he buys the insurance... where he wanted it provided to him.

Monkeybone
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
I also love how it is the Hospitals fault... acutally it comes down to the Gov. if they would actually pay us or stop decreasing what they pay, then the prices would remain a little bit more stable.

Trigg
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I also love how it is the Hospitals fault... acutally it comes down to the Gov. if they would actually pay us or stop decreasing what they pay, then the prices would remain a little bit more stable.

if they'd simply charge medicaid patients to use the ER so they'd start getting Dr's appointments or use Redimed like everyone else it would save the gov. MILLIONS EVERY YEAR.

My god I had a lady today who insisted on getting fit in, she then realized she would have to wait an hour because of previously scheduled people. She actually looked at me and said "well I'll just to go the ER then". Freaking medicaid patients know they will be seen IMMEDIATELY AND STILL WON'T HAVE TO PAY.

Monkeybone
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
if they'd simply charge medicaid patients to use the ER so they'd start getting Dr's appointments or use Redimed like everyone else it would save the gov. MILLIONS EVERY YEAR.

My god I had a lady today who insisted on getting fit in, she then realized she would have to wait an hour because of previously scheduled people. She actually looked at me and said "well I'll just to go the ER then". Freaking medicaid patients know they will be seen IMMEDIATELY AND STILL WON'T HAVE TO PAY.

happens here too... it sucks.

oh.. I mean.. how dare you try to deny these people prompt care! Jerk! They need to get back in time for their soaps and the dinner buffet @ Golden Corral.

Trigg
03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
happens here too... it sucks.

oh.. I mean.. how dare you try to deny these people prompt care! Jerk! They need to get back in time for their soaps and the dinner buffet @ Golden Corral.

I knew you'd be sympathetic.

Nothing gets on my nerves more than those people, talk about wasteful government spending.

and they're not soaps.....they're stories :laugh2:

Kathianne
03-03-2010, 04:34 PM

I read that post; after picking myself off the floor I figured I must have read it wrong. Once again, off the floor and started to read what followed. Saw yours and realized, no, my reading was fine. :eek:

I'm still shaking my head.

Gaffer
03-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I read that post; after picking myself off the floor I figured I must have read it wrong. Once again, off the floor and started to read what followed. Saw yours and realized, no, my reading was fine. :eek:

Yeah, seems someone turned his chair around or something. I had to do a reread myself. :lol:

chesswarsnow
03-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Don't remind me, sure I was defending it.
2. Thats before it came to the light of day what was in it, for us average folks.
3. What they are trying to ram through is crap.
4. They know, and so does everyone else.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

Oh you beat me to it Gaf. :cheers2:

what is probably upsetting him is that, it is mandatory that he buys the insurance... where he wanted it provided to him.

1. I dont want the govenment to fine me, because I cant find affordable insurance, which is what will happen.
2. I cant afford it now, so its obvious when buyers are forced into buying it, the insurance companies will be rubbing their hands together, saying " Come to pappa".
3. This whole thing making small business buy what they wont be able to afford is insanity.
4. Better to go on public assisitance.
5. Most people who cant afford it will, just stop trying and get welfare.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its all facets of the health industry, not just the hospitals.
2. Sure you have a cush job with bennifits, so no worries for you.
3. Still your apart of the problem, but you can not fix it.
4. Theres nothing you can do to fix it, and its still the biggest problem we in America face, we cant afford to be sick, like millions of hard working Americans.
5. The best way to fix this is have govenment hospitals, and allow those that get sick just pay a portion of their income for the year they got sick, say 20% of what they earned, thats it!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh we gotta drama queen eh?
2. I'm sure you didn't fall to the floor.:poke:
3. Like you and everyone else, we are finding out whats in it a little at a time.
4. No one likes what we see.
5. Gaffers post was common sense, he didn't say anything that blows anyone away.
6. CWN:poke:Kath.
7. CWN< saying what everyone knows.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
03-04-2010, 06:33 AM
6. CWN:poke:Kath.
7. CWN< saying what everyone knows.

:laugh2:

Monkeybone
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I dont want the govenment to fine me, because I cant find affordable insurance, which is what will happen.
2. I cant afford it now, so its obvious when buyers are forced into buying it, the insurance companies will be rubbing their hands together, saying " Come to pappa".
3. This whole thing making small business buy what they wont be able to afford is insanity.
4. Better to go on public assisitance.
5. Most people who cant afford it will, just stop trying and get welfare.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasyou're just finding out now what was in it since you were defending it? Sheesh... you really need to read everything instead of stopping at the place you like and jumping up and down about it. That is why we need step-by-step refom, not a sweeping reform. You implement what is broken, see how that works out and then go from there. It might take a bit longer, but it is better to fix it right then to throw a new blanket on it and say " there, it's all clean and nice now". And most people already have stopped trying... they're the ones that support it.

Sorry bout that,

1. Its all facets of the health industry, not just the hospitals.
2. Sure you have a cush job with bennifits, so no worries for you.
3. Still your apart of the problem, but you can not fix it.
4. Theres nothing you can do to fix it, and its still the biggest problem we in America face, we cant afford to be sick, like millions of hard working Americans.
5. The best way to fix this is have govenment hospitals, and allow those that get sick just pay a portion of their income for the year they got sick, say 20% of what they earned, thats it!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasI can agree with the first part. but after that.... :lmao: Cush job... how am i apart from the problem? I have to pay ever increasing insurance fees, that is why i just have the base stuff... just to pay if I basically have to go to the ER. Yah... Government Hospitals will really fix that... they will just get access to your bank accounts and withdraw it for you. Most Hospitals offer payment plans and assistance. Hell we write off more than we get. But if people don't wanna pay, then people aren't gonna pay. You cna't fix that. And then that effects everybody.