PDA

View Full Version : What You Eat When Nobody’s Watching

Shadow
03-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Just an article that I was reading and decided to share...

"We surveyed more than 600 Health readers to find out what they eat when nobody’s looking. Over half wait until no one is home to break into a secret snack stash or head to the grocery store and devour treats on the way home."

http://eating.health.com/2010/02/19/secret-eating-habits/

Well,I have never dug anything out of the trash but I am definately one the of the 46% who have a secret stash of treats...specifically M&M's...and they are for emergencies ONLY (like when I'm depressed or sad/cranky). A habit started by a bad childhood experince and my grandfather locking a huge bag of them in his safe for only me (and giving me the combination so I could get them when needed.) I may also admit to liking to eat white rice with milk and sugar on top occasionally for the same reason.

SassyLady
03-05-2010, 11:21 PM

"We surveyed more than 600 Health readers to find out what they eat when nobody’s looking. Over half wait until no one is home to break into a secret snack stash or head to the grocery store and devour treats on the way home."

Well,I have never dug anything out of the trash but I am definately one the of the 46% who have a secret stash of treats...specifically M&M's...and they are for emergencies ONLY (like when I'm depressed or sad/cranky). A habit started by a bad childhood experince and my grandfather locking a huge bag of them in his safe for only me (and giving me the combination so I could get them when needed.) I may also admit to liking to eat white rice with milk and sugar on top occasionally for the same reason.

Hey Shadow .... I think we are related. I don't remember why I have this M&M fetish, but I eat them in my sleep. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up and found M&M's in my bed!!! :laugh2::laugh2:

And, I thought I was the only one on earth that grew up eating white rice with butter, sugar and fresh cream (and sometimes with a sprinkle of cinnamon)!!! We had that for breakfast almost every day ......... because we were poor and got the rice from the welfare office .... we actually made the butter and cream from our cow.

But when I'm feeling sinful is when I eat Fritos scoops with that jalapeno cheese dip that you find next to the fritos. That combo is sooooooo fattening but so satisfying sometimes.

Noir
03-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Why I tuck into a t-bone steak of course, but keep that secret safes, yeah?

Shadow
03-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Don't know if I eat M&M's in my sleep or not...I have woken up with my fists clenched, with the feeling like I lost something that I was holding in my hands before though...so maybe LOL.

Yeah...love rice,sugar and milk (warmed like hot cereal) yummy and comforting too!! We used to eat it at breakfast,but also as a side dish at dinner sometimes. When I was in college my roomates used to think it was disgusting...that and the fact that I put peanut butter on my pancakes along with the syrup (that CAN'T be good for you...can it...sugar overload).

Fritos are another one...with Chili/Bean dip or in a Frito pie with cheese and sour cream,more college food memories. :thumb:

Mr. P
03-05-2010, 11:52 PM

sorry :puke3:

Shadow
03-05-2010, 11:58 PM
You just don't know what's good. Besides, I said I eat it when no one is looking LOL.

AllieBaba
03-06-2010, 07:36 AM
We ate it too, whenever we had leftover rice from dinner the night before. Rice, butter, sugar, cinnamon and milk or cream.

PostmodernProphet
03-06-2010, 08:31 AM
cheerios sundaes.....

ice cream, cereal, milk....my favorite bedtime snack.....

PostmodernProphet
03-06-2010, 08:32 AM
We ate it too, whenever we had leftover rice from dinner the night before. Rice, butter, sugar, cinnamon and milk or cream.

grew up on that....with raisins...

Kathianne
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't have any 'secret foods' that I hide, however I will say that there are times I just have to have a Snickers.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Yep,or like now...bringing home left over rice from eating chinese food the night before.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't have any 'secret foods' that I hide, however I will say that there are times I just have to have a Snickers.

Take 5 candy bars...very addicting (Almond Joy's are also though).

Edited to add Girl Scout cookies...and it's that time of year again too.