PDA

View Full Version : Ask me anything Thread....

darin
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
If there was every something you cared to know about me, here's the thread where I answer honest (except if my answer could cause another person pain, jail time, etc....make sense).

When the Percosets wear off, I might not be brave enough

actsnoblemartin
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
what do u do when your not on debate policy?

tell us about your family

If there was every something you cared to know about me, here's the thread where I answer honest (except if my answer could cause another person pain, jail time, etc....make sense).

When the Percosets wear off, I might not be brave enough

darin
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM
When I'm not on DP I play Madden on PS3. I take photos. I work on my marriage.

Second part isn't really a question as I intended...but....married to a beautiful capable intelligent woman who is 'wrong' for me, and I for her. Despite that we love eachother. We have great kids - cuz we beat them when they need it - and I love very much my brother, -Cp.

darin
03-06-2010, 10:47 PM
easiest q/a EVER :)

Abbey Marie
03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
How tall are you? :coffee:

darin
03-06-2010, 11:37 PM
73"....course with my spine problems...maybe 72 by now :(

Kathianne
03-06-2010, 11:43 PM

Cheer up, even if you lost an inch, you've got me by over a foot!

darin
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
i've over estimated the level of caring people have over the details of a stranger, albeit a charming-but-slightly-over-weight, dimpled stranger!

:D

hah

Abbey Marie
03-07-2010, 02:50 PM

Nice! :clap:

Okay, next question:

What would you say is your best quality as a dad?

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 02:53 PM
are you really a closet gay, knew it.

actsnoblemartin
03-07-2010, 02:55 PM

what kinda stupid question is that :eek:

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 02:58 PM
everyone knows dmp is on the down low, what your problem. :P

actsnoblemartin
03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I dont have a problem :coffee:

Just miss my princess is all, she is sleeping :cheers2:

how is your day ln?

Trigg
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM

when did you crawl out from under your rock?

actsnoblemartin
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
even better question :clap:

when did you crawl out from under your rock?

Shadow
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Which do you like the best...

Chocolate,Strawberry or Vanilla ice cream.

DragonStryk72
03-07-2010, 04:24 PM
red pill or blue pill?

darin
03-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Nice! :clap:

Okay, next question:

What would you say is your best quality as a dad?

loving my kids enough to spank them when they need it, hug them when they don't think they want it, and sit in silence beside them when that's all I can do.

Closet Gay? No. I choose not to have sex with men. I am, however, really good with colors; I sense things; notice women's eye make-up, can pick out a GREAT out fit, and am not afraid to cry. I'm what guys COULD be if they weren't so caught up in trying to be dicks. :D

Which do you like the best...

Chocolate,Strawberry or Vanilla ice cream.

Chocolate...all the way. :)

red pill or blue pill?

Red

Binky
03-07-2010, 05:35 PM
i've over estimated the level of caring people have over the details of a stranger, albeit a charming-but-slightly-over-weight, dimpled stranger!

:D

hah

Prob'ly about half of America is over weight. We each have our crosses to bear. Mine is that I'm no longer in my 20's....:laugh2:

Now...........how did you meet that wonderful wife who is mismatched for you? :laugh2:

SassyLady
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
What are you most passionate about .... the one thing you would go to the mat for?

darin
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
how did you meet that wonderful wife who is mismatched for you? :laugh2:

I met Mary when she was 11. I was 16 and dating her sister's best friend. Throughout the years my brother ended up marrying Mary's sister. When I came back from my first tour in the army, Mary was 'growed-up' and in her freshman year of college. We dated for a year, then got hitched. :)

What are you most passionate about .... the one thing you would go to the mat for?

Big question! There are quite a number of things. First off, my kids. Without question or pause. Secondly, my family/loved-ones/friends. In the face of their danger I would do whatever it took to work towards their safety. In fact, when I die, I pray I die 'throwing myself on a grenade' so to speak - to make my death meaningful. Aside for inflicting harm - I'm very passionate about Love. I will (and do) challenge those who claim love to SHOW love. In a political world, I challenge liberals who think they are showing 'compassion' on the poor by stealing the hard-earnings of those who have ambition. See, Giving somebody something can often remove a very strong human characteristic - self-survival...ambition. In a 'relationship' world, I challenge those who claim love to live love. When, say, a woman claims love for me she doesn't have to schedule-in love. and when I claim 'love' for a woman I don't have to TRY to be loving. I suppose I put more weight on the symptoms of love than the declaration. Sure I can claim to love somebody. I can tell them everyday. But if I don't tell them, yet spend my life striving to bless them, better them, help them, be with them, put their needs before my own I'm displaying love. Love kept secret (via lack of action) is useless to everyone.

HogTrash
03-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Is there any particular conspiracy theory that you would give credence to?

darin
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
No.

glockmail
03-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Does anyone sell a stretch fabric ski pant for men? What is the most aerodynamic model?

HogTrash
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
No.I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't believe there might be something to at least one of the many popular CT's.

DragonStryk72
03-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Why?

glockmail
03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Why? Less air resistance = faster race times, and I don't want to wear a full race suit.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
It's an oldie, but, who from history would you most like to meet?

glockmail
03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Obama.

darin
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Does anyone sell a stretch fabric ski pant for men? What is the most aerodynamic model?

No idea

It's an oldie, but, who from history would you most like to meet?

Besides You....RECENT history...

I wouldn't want to 'meet' somebody - there are several people i'd love the chance to get to know, however.

I would love to get to know Joan of Ark. I'd love to get to know Most-any of our founding Fathers. I'd love to get to know this one girl from Highschool for whom I've ceaselessly carried a flame.

:)

HogTrash
03-09-2010, 08:11 AM
As a child, did you ever have a nick-name?...What was it?

darin
03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
As a child, did you ever have a nick-name?...What was it?

Not per-se....My mom called me 'ernie' sometimes - had a shirt like Ernie from Bert and Ernie.

My Grandma once called me Louise, because she thought I would have made a pretty girl.

Noir
03-10-2010, 03:32 AM
I love ask me anythings, i've got a youtube channel for it lol

Anyways, my qu's

If you could relive one year of you life which would it be?

What was the last music album you bought/downloaded?

I assume you visited a few other countries with the military, which was your Fav, and given the freedom would you consider migrating to another country?

glockmail
03-10-2010, 09:35 AM
No idea... Wow thanks for being so helpful.

darin
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I love ask me anythings, i've got a youtube channel for it lol

Anyways, my qu's

If you could relive one year of you life which would it be?

What was the last music album you bought/downloaded?

I assume you visited a few other countries with the military, which was your Fav, and given the freedom would you consider migrating to another country?

Relive in the same fashion - going thru everything the same? very good question. I'm not copping out here - but I believe I havent had that year yet.

My favourite country other than the US....I'd have to say Germany. That's based on familiarity and the love I formed with a certain-said member of that nation. Really like Canada though, too. Would consider Germany over Canada, though if I immigrated.

Shadow
03-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you usually late, early or right on time?

darin
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Context driven.
Sometimes with my wife I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Early :(

:p

General rule is, if i'm not 15 minutes early, I'm late. I plan for and strive to be early for every event I can.

Shadow
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Are you mostly a clean or messy person?

darin
03-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Are you mostly a clean or messy person?

Personally? Emotionally?

I live clean but cluttered on both accounts, most of the time.

Shadow
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
This is fun!

What is your favorite Movie? Band? Song?

Do you like clowns?

What color is your toothbrush?

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Do you remember your dreams? If so what did you dream last?

That's all I can think of for now. ;)

darin
03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
This is fun!

What is your favorite Movie? Band? Song?

Currently - see, it all changes - but current fav. movie is We Were Soldiers, Fav Band is Lady Antebellum and their song "I need you now."

Do you like clowns?

Not especially. I like clownish ppl though :)

What color is your toothbrush?

Blue and White

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Like my music, it depends on my mood - but classic NY style Pep is hard to beat.

Do you remember your dreams? If so what did you dream last?

That's all I can think of for now. ;)

I do remember dreams. Last dream I had I was laying in a hammock, softly swinging in a tropic breeze with a woman who was at least as content as I.

Kathianne
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
How is your back? Get the MRI results? Good news for you?

glockmail
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Now this thread is officially gay. :gay:

Shadow
03-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Now this thread is officially gay. :gay:

Party pooper

Shadow
03-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Okay...

What's your worst pet peeve?

darin
03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
How is your back? Get the MRI results? Good news for you?
Check the thread. Thanks for asking

Okay...

What's your worst pet peeve?

People driving in the left lane w/o passing anyone

Abbey Marie
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
What is your favorite worship song?

darin
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
This ranks up there:

...Not because of who I am But because of what You've done Not because of what I've done But because of who you are...

chloe
03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Do you ever at laugh at yourself randomely when alone in deep thought?

darin
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Chloe - I have a near-continuous inner monologue. I laugh to myself - and aloud - at various times. Doesnt take deep thought.

I believe I have a good sense of humour - if a bit out of the ordinary. I do 'one-liners' in my mind, and speak them frequently...just finding ways to interpret mundane things into something silly. Double entendre....holy cow - my specialty. :)

darin
03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Hard questions are okay, too :)

Shadow
03-13-2010, 11:53 AM
When was the last time you lied? Who did you lie to and why?

darin
03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Last time I told a lie - for the purpose to deceive? I was talking to a stranger in an elevator at work They could tell I was in pain and started going on about how if I only did x and y with my doctor they'd figure it out. Without wanting to get into it I said "yeah, we've done those..." I should have been honest, but wasn't.

Abbey Marie
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Hard questions are okay, too :)

What do you think your purpose is here on Earth?

chesswarsnow
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Are you one stickler on spelling and grahmer?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
What do you think your purpose is here on Earth?

I believe I'm here to learn to be who I need to be in the afterlife.

That's the big-picture vision.

My internal purposes...my short-terms?

My daughter. It's my purpose to be her daddy. She's absolutely my mission now; to guide her into the woman she needs to be. My son. It's essential I become the man for him to emulate, from whom to draw inspiration and guidance. Love. There's somebody somewhere who absolutely requires the kind of adult/grown-up/passionate love I can give.

Sorry bout that,

1. Are you one stickler on spelling and grahmer?:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Naw - sometimes i get sorta geeky about it.

chloe
03-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Do you have a dream career that is totally different then the field you went into?

darin
03-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Would like to run/own/operate a pub or a 'greasy-spoon' type eatery.

chloe
03-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Would like to run/own/operate a pub or a 'greasy-spoon' type eatery.

I think you would have a lot of success in that dream job.

Binky
03-15-2010, 03:53 PM
What made you decide to put yourself on display by having others asking personal questions of you and your life?

darin
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Good obvious question Binky! I value connections with people. When i go out w/ my car guys/gals i dont go for the cars; i go for the interaction and friendships. I've done a thread like this awhile ago and got some interest. The goal is to help folk relaize we're more than avatars and screen names, Maybe if somebody here knew more about me they'd be less likely to judge me - OR aybe we'd simply communicate better.

Was chuckling to see glock copy the thread; although he specified topics - it's generally just a good thing to be open w/ folk I suppose.

Binky
03-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Good obvious question Binky! I value connections with people. When i go out w/ my car guys/gals i dont go for the cars; i go for the interaction and friendships. I've done a thread like this awhile ago and got some interest. The goal is to help folk relaize we're more than avatars and screen names, Maybe if somebody here knew more about me they'd be less likely to judge me - OR aybe we'd simply communicate better.

Was chuckling to see glock copy the thread; although he specified topics - it's generally just a good thing to be open w/ folk I suppose.

Like a window into our souls......and once we clean off the gunk we can see a lot clearer......

Shadow
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
What is the strangest thing you will admit to having done in the past?

darin
03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Strangest? I once 'aquired' a decoration from a building that was under construction. The 'logo' for the organization was taken down, and laying just a bit behind line of sight. My drunk roommate and I 'secured' it and kept it on the wall in our room for years. I think it's still in my garage today, 15? years later.

darin
06-26-2015, 07:04 AM
C'mon folks - who needs answers?

jimnyc
06-26-2015, 07:10 AM
C'mon folks - who needs answers?

Why does my wife push away the harder I try? Good luck answering that one, as it's a mystery!! :)

darin
06-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Why does my wife push away the harder I try? Good luck answering that one, as it's a mystery!! :)

I suspect I know why that happens generally - although I'd not presume to know specifically.

Options -

She's pulling away because she's conditioned to like the chase. She likes feeling desired, cared-for, worked-for.

Perhaps she likes what you're doing and subconsciously or consciously knows if she keeps pulling away you'll work even harder. Maybe she likes your efforts and is afraid if she turns to you; "rewards" you, you'll stop.

Perhaps the more you do the less attracted-to-you she becomes. It could be within her mind having a man work hard to please her is emasculating. You know the adage - women can sometimes like men who treat them like shit.

Jim - let me ask you this: Are you more-concerned about yourself than others? Perhaps you consider putting your needs first. Here's my example - I spent nearly two decades trying to earn, buy, or get-her-to-think-I-deserve love. In MY mind I was caring and sensitive to her needs and wants. I was happy working to ensure she felt safe and happy and all that. In her mind, though, I was weak. I was broken. I was a 'servant' - not a champion. So - at some point - I decided to FUCK THAT SHIT.

Last couple years I've learned to be comfortable telling people "No, I cannot help you with that" when asked for a favour that throws my life out of whack. I've learned to NOT spend MY money to help brighten just anyone's day (I used to be the guy brining donuts to work on Fridays and stuff). I've learned to cope with the uncomfortable feelings of withholding myself from women I'm merely 'interested in'. Just yesterday I was at Michael's craft store (I could spend hours in there) looking for something crafty for my kid's birthday. I've not yet started "dating" a woman I met last week - but we're going to a movie this weekend. I know she loves getting cards/greeting cards. I was very close to whipping up a homemade card for her - to brighten her day. As I reached for the card stock I stopped. I asked myself "What has this woman done that she gets to enjoy my complete awesomeness, sensitivity, and thoughtfulness? Why am I ready to go all-in with 'sweet' for a woman I barely know? Sure I'd like to..."enjoy" some "quality" time with the woman because I'm attracted to her. But Jim - right now I'm MOST attracted to ME. MY needs and wants. I highly-value what I bring to the table within a relationship and what I bring to a relationship is something I can no longer just give to people. That make any sense?

I'm not telling anyone to start being a dick - but I'm suggesting if we don't value ourselves we are sure as hell NOT going to get others to value us within a relationship.

Jim. What does your gut tell you? Chances are you know the truth. And there's a solid chance the truth is ugly and hurtful but perhaps ultimately liberating.

Here's my vision on what relationships need to be - maybe it'll help? Maybe it's just increasing my post count.

For a man and a woman to have 'it all' in a relationship, they need a sex-based relationship first. Often people settle for someone they are comfortable with, but not too excited about. About people they accept into their life - but not people they desire.

When people settle - when they compromise - the only outcome is loss. They lose because compromise is the essence of lose-lose. Sex-based - Spark and passion - ignites hot and fast and wonderful, but without safe-warm-secure it can end and you're left with jack shit. But a Friendship-based relationship and steady and safe however can never inspire. And friendship is the among least important aspect of a romantic adult man-woman relationship because the elements of friendship can be taught. The elements of love, attraction, and desire however, cannot be learned in counseling, instruction, experience or by the force of sheer will. The best option is this: Do not compromise: Find hot and steamy and steady and safe and warm and relaxing because they fulfill the entirety of the human man/woman relationship. Of course relationships change - one time a pastor mentioned an experiment to my brother, upon my brother's marriage. It went something like this - take an empty mayonnaise jar and from the day of your wedding every time you and your wife make love or have sex, place a penny in the jar. Do that for one year. After your first anniversary, every time you and your wife make love or have sex REMOVE a penny from that jar. If you're married 50 years you'll never see the jar empty! Frankly that frightens me a little but I get the point. Relationships evolve. I suspect a relationship that doesn't at least start out hot, steamy, and passionately will never build the foundation of love and intimacy required to sustain the man and woman into old age. That hot and steamy and passionate time builds the bonds that hold-fast while the storms of life attempt to push a couple apart. As far as same-sex relationships? I can't account for the mental/emotional issues which push somebody into those; they don't grade out correct enough for me to offer input.

Jeff
06-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Can I have the camera you use to take the beautiful pictures you post ??? Hell figured I would try. :laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
06-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Yes, it is mostly "friendship" based at this point. :( I think you NAILED many points, sadly for me. :(

darin
06-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Can I have the camera you use to take the beautiful pictures you post ??? Hell figured I would try. :laugh::laugh:

You CAN! I think they're down to just a couple hundred bux...

NightTrain
06-26-2015, 08:14 AM
Dear Doctor Darin,

Why do all SuperHeroes wear underpants on the outside?

Signed,
Wondering in Wasilla

darin
06-26-2015, 08:22 AM
If they are wearing a garmet over their pants, the garment by definition is no longer "underpants" as the first layer of clothing touching their skin is now underwear :)

:-)