PDA

View Full Version : 14643 New Posts

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
wow, someones been a busy bee.

darin
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
RSR has 93.5% of them. It's true. You can google it.

:D

Sup girl?

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 02:38 PM
nothin much, just failing college as usual. 2 more years, just 2 more years.

darin
03-07-2010, 02:41 PM
awww...hang in there love. College is over-rated anyway.

Mr. P
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey Kid! Nice to see you! I don't believe yer failing but IF you are get outta here and do what ya gotta do.

Now, tell the truth..where have you been for so long?

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 02:46 PM
someone stole my recorder last wen. when I walked out of the room for ten minutes. had to plop down $50 for a new one.

LiberalNation
03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.thenewtopical.com/

this board is in deperate need of some conservatives. It's an offshoot of P&CA when they had a meltdown.

also http://forums.nurse.com/

LiberalNation
03-09-2010, 09:49 AM
bout to get banned from nurse board, I said, the baby boomers can't get old fast enough. They deleted, I protested.

Noir
03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.thenewtopical.com/

this board is in deperate need of some conservatives. It's an offshoot of P&CA when they had a meltdown.

also http://forums.nurse.com/

I liked the New Topical, but i dunno why but i can't get it to load properly, =/

LiberalNation
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
You have been banned for the following reason:
Read the forum rules

Date the ban will be lifted: 03-16-2010, 10:00 AM

Noir
03-09-2010, 10:57 AM
You have been banned for the following reason:
Read the forum rules

Date the ban will be lifted: 03-16-2010, 10:00 AM

:laugh2: Thats some good reasoning,

I once got banned from a forum for "engaging in cybersex" i.e. a freind made a jokey post filled with double entendre, and i extracted the innuendo from it and that was worth a 14 day ban xD

HogTrash
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I have been banned for refusing to comply to the rules and restrictions of Political Correctness...Of course.

I am HogTrash...Through me the truth will be made known, regardless of who it might offend...Deal with it!

Little-Acorn
03-09-2010, 12:10 PM
someone stole my recorder last wen. when I walked out of the room for ten minutes. had to plop down $50 for a new one.

That sucks.

I bought one of the very first HP-35 calculators when they came out, as a sophomore aerospace engineering student. A few months later, it vanished from a study carrell while I visited the john. Was actually a serious setback, since I kept dropping decimal points with a slide rule.

Guess how much they cost back then......

---------------------------

Bonus question: Who here knows what a slide rule is?

glockmail
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
That sucks.

I bought one of the very first HP-35 calculators when they came out, as a sophomore aerospace engineering student. A few months later, it vanished from a study carrell while I visited the john. Was actually a serious setback, since I kept dropping decimal points with a slide rule.

Guess how much they cost back then......

---------------------------

Bonus question: Who here knows what a slide rule is?

We used slide rules in HS, junior year, for Chemistry. I wouldn't have gone to engineering school had it not been for the affordable TI scientific calculator- the ones that the buttons would stick after about 9 months of school. My Mom bought me my first when I got accepted, and had second thoughts because one of the buttons said "SIN". I went through three of those before plunking down $235 for an HP41CV. It took me months to pay it off with my $45/ week salary driving a bus 10 hours per week.

But I still have the HP and use it nearly every day.

HogTrash
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Bonus question: Who here knows what a slide rule is?Certainly not me!...I'm much too young to know of such ancient prehistoric tools. :coffee:

LiberalNation
03-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I saw my recorder out on the theifs desk. I sent an email to campus security and am going to confont her after class.

Noir
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
We used slide rules in HS, junior year, for Chemistry. I wouldn't have gone to engineering school had it not been for the affordable TI scientific calculator- the ones that the buttons would stick after about 9 months of school. My Mom bought me my first when I got accepted, and had second thoughts because one of the buttons said "SIN". I went through three of those before plunking down $235 for an HP41CV. It took me months to pay it off with my $45/ week salary driving a bus 10 hours per week.

But I still have the HP and use it nearly every day.

...wait...for a calculator?

Little-Acorn
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Yep. That was the story on calculators in those days, particularly the ones that had transcendental functions (sin, cos, inverse trigs, logs, y^x).

The HP-35 I got was one of the very first to have those, perhaps THE first for all I know. By the time the HP41C had come out, prices had gone down considerably.

Noir
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Jezy Crezy, and i thought i was being taken for a fool when i spent £20 on a graphical calculator a few years ago,

PostmodernProphet
03-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Certainly not me!...I'm much too young to know of such ancient prehistoric tools. :coffee:

I remember when Hipocresis showed me his ideas for the abacus.....I told him it would never sell....a few years later they were all over the place....even included them free in bags of grain......

glockmail
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM

The 41CV was a huge break-through in calculator design.

Around the time of the HP-67, an article in the Hewlett-Packard Journal, stated that electronic technology was no longer the only limitation of pocket calculator progress. The human interface was becoming an even greater barrier to adding more functionality. The HP-67 was an excellent example of the problem. It had three shift keys and most of its other keys had four functions. HP was running out of keyboard space for new functions, and many users found it difficult write and use numeric-only programs.

The HP-41C overcame these limitations by adding alphanumeric capabilities to both the display and keyboard.http://www.hpmuseum.org/hp41.htm

http://www.hpmuseum.org/41cv.jpg

You could buy pre-programed chips to run program libraries (I've got the Surveying module). It would run a car reader to write then read your own programs (which I still have and it still works). You could even buy an optical wand to read bar code.

HP used to have a library that people would submit programs to, and once tested an accepted would give you a coupon to get two or three for free, or you could buy them for a nominal fee, and they'd mail them to you in a printed format. I published several myself.

Its only the last ten years or so that the coordinate geometry, curve analysis and hydraulic calculation programs that I have written or collected have become more practical to use on my PC. For a machine to be that useful for so long in a rapidly developing field is a testament to its good design.