PDA

View Full Version : New York Chef Makes Cheese From His Wife's Breast Milk

Shadow
03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Okay this article left me scratching my head in disbelief...first of all...why? And secondly...EEEWWW. Maybe this should also go in the most disgusting foods thread.

To paraphrase a classic nursery rhyme," "The chef takes a wife ... the wife takes a child ... the chef takes the wife's breast milk and makes cheese."

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/03/05/new-york-chef-makes-cheese-from-his-wifes-breast-milk/

HogTrash
03-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I can't imagine why you would think it is "disgusting"?

It seems like the most natural thing in the world to me.

Shadow
03-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes...it's perfectly natural. I can see (and have heard of) women using their own breast milk to make yogurt and baby food for their toddlers...but to sell to the public as cheese? That seems kinda strange to me. Wasn't it PETA who wanted Ben and Jerry's to make breast milk ice cream awhile back though?

Gaffer
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Wonder if they have her standing in a stall and milk her every morning. How much milk does she produce that he can make cheese and package it for sale to the public?

Shadow
03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I think actually selling breast milk cheese is against FDA regulations...so I mis spoke on that part. Still think it is strange though.

DragonStryk72
03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Eh, I mean, really, it's stranger that we use the milk of cows, and not of our own female population, when you really think about it. I mean, if they'd said he made it from Wolf's milk, then yeah, I'd say that's pretty disgusting, but really, I mean, it's the milk most of us were raised on.

glockmail
03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Wonder if they have her standing in a stall and milk her every morning. How much milk does she produce that he can make cheese and package it for sale to the public? We've bred cows to give a lot more milk then nature intended, and turkeys to have breasts so big they can hardly walk. Why not women?

Shadow
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Eh, I mean, really, it's stranger that we use the milk of cows, and not of our own female population, when you really think about it. I mean, if they'd said he made it from Wolf's milk, then yeah, I'd say that's pretty disgusting, but really, I mean, it's the milk most of us were raised on.

So...you would have no problem eating food made from a strangers breast milk? Just the thought of that makes me gag. That's even stranger than making the cheese in the first place.

Are you yanking my chain? :)

Shadow
03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
We've bred cows to give a lot more milk then nature intended, and turkeys to have breasts so big they can hardly walk. Why not women?

:eek: I'm guessing that's a job you would like LOL.

MtnBiker
03-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Okay this article left me scratching my head in disbelief...first of all...why? And secondly...EEEWWW. Maybe this should also go in the most disgusting foods thread.

To paraphrase a classic nursery rhyme," "The chef takes a wife ... the wife takes a child ... the chef takes the wife's breast milk and makes cheese."

http://www.parentdish.com/2010/03/05/new-york-chef-makes-cheese-from-his-wifes-breast-milk/

Interesting, the article didn't mention anything about the child of the mother that the milk was intended for.

Shadow
03-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Nope...just that she wanted to donate her "cheese" to the children of Haiti. Some people are strange...and so is this story.:)

glockmail
03-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Nope...just that she wanted to donate her "cheese" to the children of Haiti. Some people are strange...and so is this story.:)
Typical lib, willing to donate something of theirs that they don't want anyway, and to have others spend big buck to transport the shit.

Shadow
03-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Well,they do think to throw it out "would be like wasting gold"...and they do have a freezer full apparently. I guess their own kid just gets to eat store bought cheese?

LiberalNation
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
breast milk can carry aids, it would need to be tested like blood. This reminds me of the ending of the grapes of wrath where the daughter breast feeds the starving man in the barn.