PDA

View Full Version : i'm depressed

actsnoblemartin
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Just got rejected from my 2nd straight eating disorder treatment option.

They said, the social interaction between me and others would detract to much from my program and others

i.e. REJECTED again

im sad, need hugs and a kick in the ass :laugh2:

thanks

HogTrash
03-08-2010, 01:40 PM
The best way to take charge of your life is through meditation.

Get a book or go online and find some meditation techniques and learn them.

Practice them untill you get it right and find the technique that works best for you.

Meditation is the ability to totally relax and completely free your mind for a short period of time.

You will need a quite place, free from distractions where you will not be disturbed.

20 to 30 minutes a day can change your life...The more you meditate, the better you get at it.

It's free and it's painless...Try it...What have you got to lose?

glockmail
03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
What social interaction? Are you whacking off in public again? Don't do that. :thumb:

PostmodernProphet
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Just got rejected from my 2nd straight eating disorder treatment option.

They said, the social interaction between me and others would detract to much from my program and others

i.e. REJECTED again

im sad, need hugs and a kick in the ass :laugh2:

thanks

I'll let someone else hug you, here's the kick...http://www.funnychill.com/files/funny-pictures/ninja-kick-cat.jpg

chesswarsnow
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just hang in there, and don't allow *The Man*, to get you down.
2. Learn to eat less, maybe that will get you on the right track, screw them doctors, they are over priced anyways.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glockmail
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Seriously Marty its about personal responsibility. Go on a damn diet and get off your ass and exercise. Instead of spending money on Big Macs and Pshrinks spend it on a good diet cook book and a gym membership. Learn how to count calories, learn how to cook, get rid of your gut and score some babes.

I turned 50 last summer and you don't see me crying about how old I am. Instead, I set goals for myself and got 'er done. I ran 8 minute miles and worked through the Cybex machines at the Y twice/ week last summer and actually gained weight, taking some off my gut and putting it on my ass, arms and legs. This winter I skied my ass off at least twice/ week and bettered my race times from the year before. If Virgil wasn't stalking me I could tell you how well I did in some very competitive races in three serious leagues. Suffice it to say I brought down some hardware.

I feel better now, physically then I did when I was 35.

actsnoblemartin
03-08-2010, 11:33 PM
youre right

Seriously Marty its about personal responsibility. Go on a damn diet and get off your ass and exercise. Instead of spending money on Big Macs and Pshrinks spend it on a good diet cook book and a gym membership. Learn how to count calories, learn how to cook, get rid of your gut and score some babes.

I turned 50 last summer and you don't see me crying about how old I am. Instead, I set goals for myself and got 'er done. I ran 8 minute miles and worked through the Cybex machines at the Y twice/ week last summer and actually gained weight, taking some off my gut and putting it on my ass, arms and legs. This winter I skied my ass off at least twice/ week and bettered my race times from the year before. If Virgil wasn't stalking me I could tell you how well I did in some very competitive races in three serious leagues. Suffice it to say I brought down some hardware.

I feel better now, physically then I did when I was 35.

DragonStryk72
03-09-2010, 06:21 AM
youre right

Yeah, I mean, I've had trouble with my weight as well. Personally, I used a combination of slim-fast to get the weight off initially, and biking to help slim down. When the weather was bad out, I'd throw on a few episodes of NCIS and ride the exercise bike through the shows, to keep my mind focusing on something other than the workout.

If you enjoy video games, the Wii would be a decent investment for you, along with a Wii fit, so that you can combine the video game playing with doing something with actual activity to it. The Biggest Loser even has a few games on there.

You should make a list of the foods and behaviors that contribute to the weight gain, so that you can start to filter them out, not entirely, but bring them within moderation. For instance, I have a sweet tooth a mile wide, as well as being a pizza fiend, and I know I need to limit both of those, since I am far too capable of polishing a whole pack of oreos or an entire pizza in a sitting if left to my own devices. so I force myself to abide by the serving sizes on the back of the candy, and also rationing out pizza when I get it.

I also have an issue with playing certain video games for long stretches, such as Dynasty Warriors games, polishing tons of soda in the process, which is just empty calories. If you are a fan of Coke, then Coke zero is actually a good substitute for regular coke, as opposed to Diet Pepsi (yes, there is a difference), and things such as sweet tea have actual nutrients and anti-oxidants in them. However, the single biggest thing you can do for yourself is drink water.

A word of caution: Do not overdo it. start off with something simple. For instance, in the case of the Slim Fast diet, you break up your day like this: When you wake up, you have your first shake or meal bar, which is about 190 calories right there, then, about 3 hrs later, you can have a one hundred calorie snack (these are really easy to find these days), then for lunch you have your second shake for another 190, an afternoon snack for another 100, then you eat dinner, you can have a regular meal, and then a small desert (another 100). So aside from dinner, you would be taking in 680 calories a day, with the minimum recommended amount being 1200. 2000 calories a day is what you would take to maintain your weight, with less in order to lose weight.

Week 2 of any diet is going to suck, it just will, because your body will start to fight against you, and starts storing extra fat. Keep up with it, and eventually your body realizes what is going on, and will begin to conform. I was 230 pounds when I started, and got all the way down to 170 pounds within a few months, so I know it works from experience.

Do not try to really build muscle until you get your weight down, just focus on cardio, starting light, and increasing the cardio work as it becomes easier to do. All of this is about consistency, about getting your body to adapt to a new habit. Don't get discouraged if you falter here or there, it happens, just make sure you make up for it when it does.

HogTrash
03-09-2010, 07:34 AM

I feel better now, physically then I did when I was 35.This is all true Glock, but first we must prepare our minds.

We need motivation, deterimination and will power.

Get your head right and your body will follow.

DragonStryk72
03-09-2010, 07:48 AM
This is all true Glock, but first we must prepare our minds.

Yes, meditation, and other stress release methods are also crucial to weight loss. When we become stressed out, our body begins storing more fat than it would normally. Meditation, and as well, Yoga are perfect for this, as both stress calmness. If you do not like the idea of yoga, there is Tai Chi, or Xi Gong which are a bit more "manly".

glockmail
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM
youre right

Set a long term goal for yourself Marty that will keep you active your whole life. For me its alpine skiing and racing and there are guys in the 80's that race. For you maybe its golf or tennis or biking. Pick a sport that you like and have access to.

I have a friend who won a Championship ring for Clemson football. Needless to say he was a hell of an athlete. But after his senior year and the final game he was done with that sport. Maybe there's a touch ball league a half dozen Saturdays but he will never again experience the thrill of putting on gear, walking out on the field and going all out against other guys.

He thought about that a lot and when his son got to high school to play ball he advised him to pick a second spot as well, one that he could play his entire life. His son chose golf.

I know another guy my age and he took up body building when he was 42. You should see this guy now. His wife's got a constant grin on her face.

Once you have a long-term goal break it down into little steps and start taking them. :poke:

glockmail
03-09-2010, 09:27 AM
This is all true Glock, but first we must prepare our minds.

True as well my friend and we all find motivation our own way. For me its the thrill of competition. Also big on the list are the friends that I've made and the bragging rights among us; sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

First and foremost though is I've been able to spend time with my son helping him to develop a lifetime sport for him as well. He's going on to college next year and between him and a few others in this league we are in they will bring their college team up e few notches. One of his buddies did some fore runs at a college meet this season and pulled out a #2 time against 50 competitors. These are only club teams but he'll be walking onto a team as a freshman and not simply making the top ten but being 2nd or third. That will be great for his self-esteem, as a too-skinny kid at a huge university.