PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this a little unethical?

Luna Tick
03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
There's a web site that provides alibis for people who are cheating on their spouses. It creates fake hotel receipts, fake business conference records, etc., fake phone calls, etc. It also provides fake employment records if you're job searching or fake doctor's notes if you take a day off work and claim you're sick when you really aren't.
Here's their web page:

[link edited out]

Methinks this is a teeeeeny bit unethical. No?

Nukeman
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
There's a web site that provides alibis for people who are cheating on their spouses. It creates fake hotel receipts, fake business conference records, etc., fake phone calls, etc. It also provides fake employment records if you're job searching or fake doctor's notes if you take a day off work and claim you're sick when you really aren't.
Here's their web page:

http://www.alibinetwork.com/index.jsp

Methinks this is a teeeeeny bit unethical. No?

Now me being an "ethical" person I never heard of such a site until YOU brought that here.

Why were YOU looking at a site like this and why would you propagate the site by flashing the web address here???

If you were an ethical person you would have not further promoted the site by spreading knowledge of its existence!!!!!!

Binky
03-09-2010, 09:57 AM
It would appear to be so.......:eek:

Luna Tick
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Now me being an "ethical" person I never heard of such a site until YOU brought that here.

Why were YOU looking at a site like this and why would you propagate the site by flashing the web address here???

If you were an ethical person you would have not further promoted the site by spreading knowledge of its existence!!!!!!

I'm sure no one here at DP would be unethical enough to use such a service. Therefore I have no fear of talking about it for interesting conversation. I was condemning it, not promoting it. And just so there's no confusion, I've edited out the link.

Nukeman
03-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm sure no one here at DP would be unethical enough to use such a service. Therefore I have no fear of talking about it for interesting conversation. I was condemning it, not promoting it.

That may be, than you should have NOT put the URL up and just talked about the sites.

Of course that is what I would have done!!

Luna Tick
03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Site. Singular. I don't think anyone here would have used those services, but I deleted the link just in case. You seem to have less faith in the ethics of the people here at DP. I deleted the link anyway, so quit complaining.

Nukeman
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Site. Singular. I don't think anyone here would have used those services, but I deleted the link just in case. You seem to have less faith in the ethics of the people here at DP. I deleted the link anyway, so quit complaining.

Tell ya what, there are some here that after YEARS of conversing with may/may not utilize such a site. I really don't know since all I know about them is what they post here. For you to infer that I have less faith in my fellow DP members disingenuous at best.

I have met and know a fair number of posters on this site, I just don't think you need to promote the site by listing it here. Of course that is my opinion. You can do as you like since Jim keeps this a free speech board and rightly so...

cat slave
03-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Its like most anything, someone finds a need and for $$
they will fill it.

Seems like an awful lot of trouble to me to go to such
extremes to cover bad behavior when by the time things
happen, the marriage is generally in full rigor.

KarlMarx
03-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Sites like this are a good argument for holding "3rd parties" in a divorce proceeding (i.e. "the other woman/man") financially accountable for their actions. Right now, a philandering spouse gets hit with alimony, child support and all the rest while the other woman/man walks away Scot free. I propose having the lover of the cheating spouse held financially accountable, too. Will this prevent adultery in all cases? No, I don't think it will. Will it give some people a reason to avoid getting involved with a married person? Yes, I think it will. I also would like to see, in the case of a divorce, sites like this also held financially accountable for the damage they cause.

Let's face it, divorce has a heavy toll, especially if kids are involved.

Abbey Marie
03-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Sites like this are a good argument for holding "3rd parties" in a divorce proceeding (i.e. "the other woman/man") financially accountable for their actions. Right now, a philandering spouse gets hit with alimony, child support and all the rest while the other woman/man walks away Scot free. I propose having the lover of the cheating spouse held financially accountable, too. Will this prevent adultery in all cases? No, I don't think it will. Will it give some people a reason to avoid getting involved with a married person? Yes, I think it will. I also would like to see, in the case of a divorce, sites like this also held financially accountable for the damage they cause.

It used to be that shame for their actions kept some people from having a married lover. I'm not sure that is still true.

DragonStryk72
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
No, it is not a "little" unethical. It is REALLY unethical!!!!

Luna Tick
03-10-2010, 01:32 PM

That's a creative idea. I never thought of that. Right now the only possible financial responsibility for adultery is child support by the man if he gets his mistress pregnant.

I can tell you first hand that getting cheated on hurts really bad.

KarlMarx
03-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I can tell you first hand that getting cheated on hurts really bad.

I know the feeling, too. Sorry to hear you got hurt.