PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s New ‘Poverty’ Measurement

red states rule
03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I am not worried about this. If Obama gets his Obamacare bill, and Cap and Tax measure passed - all of us will have a lower standard of living

This week, the Obama administration announced it will create a new poverty-measurement system that will eventually displace the current poverty measure. This new measure, which has little or nothing to do with actual poverty, will serve as the propaganda tool in Obama’s endless quest to “spread the wealth.”

Under the new measure, a family will be judged “poor” if its income falls below a certain specified income threshold. Nothing new there, but, unlike the current poverty standards, the new income thresholds will have a built-in escalator clause: They will rise automatically in direct proportion to any rise in the living standards of the average American.

The current poverty measure counts absolute purchasing power — how much steak and potatoes you can buy. The new measure will count comparative purchasing power — how much steak and potatoes you can buy relative to other people. As the nation becomes wealthier, the poverty standards will increase in proportion. In other words, Obama will employ a statistical trick to ensure that “the poor will always be with you,” no matter how much better off they get in absolute terms.

http://article.nationalreview.com/427180/obamas-new-poverty-measurement/robert-rector

HogTrash
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Exactly how does it help, knowing how poor and how many poor there are, if government is so broke they can't even give people on Social Security a cost of living raise for two years and maybe not even then?

cat slave
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I am not worried about this. If Obama gets his Obamacare bill, and Cap and Tax measure passed - all of us will have a lower standard of living

I think that is exactly what they intend. Redistribution of
everything except their wealth.....their Cadillac plans.......
and their castles and air planes, yachts, household help,
gardners etc.

We will just be the worker bees generating enough "wealth"
to keep them in their comfortable life styles.

red states rule
03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I think that is exactly what they intend. Redistribution of
everything except their wealth.....their Cadillac plans.......
and their castles and air planes, yachts, household help,
gardners etc.

We will just be the worker bees generating enough "wealth"
to keep them in their comfortable life styles.

It is amazing to me why anyone would still support Obama. He is destroying the nation step by step

cat slave
03-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I guess its really hard for the libs to eat their words or admit their messiah
is not the real one!!!!

red states rule
03-12-2010, 07:19 AM
is not the real one!!!!

It is called getting a dose of reality

Cap'n Chew
03-13-2010, 06:53 PM
is not the real one!!!!

Who has called Obama a messiah besides conservatives and Louis Farrakhan?

red states rule
03-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Who has called Obama a messiah besides conservatives and Louis Farrakhan?

Here are a few

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/12/grandson.of.slaves/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

http://www.slate.com/id/2158578/

http://www.wnd.com/images/obamamessiah.jpg

http://www.wnd.com/images/newrepublicobama.jpg

Cap'n Chew
03-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Here are a few

I think that Slate article was a bit of satire. Other than that, yea some people really, really liked Obama when he first set foot on the national stage. Creepy obsession "liked" I mean lol.

You don't have to worry about me on that though lol, I voted for a Presidential candidate, not a savior.

red states rule
03-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I think that Slate article was a bit of satire. Other than that, yea some people really, really liked Obama when he first set foot on the national stage. Creepy obsession "liked" I mean lol.

You don't have to worry about me on that though lol, I voted for a Presidential candidate, not a savior.

I doubt if the Slate thign was satire

The liberal media built up Obama and sold him as a savior

However, right after the election the expectations started to be lowered. I cracked up when liberal reporters who fawned over Obama then told us how the voters were perhaps expceting to much form Obama

Cap'n Chew
03-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I doubt if the Slate thign was satire

You really doubt it's satire? It's kinda obvious. If I didn't know it was from Slate that piece could have fit right in with The Onion.

The liberal media built up Obama and sold him as a savior

However, right after the election the expectations started to be lowered. I cracked up when liberal reporters who fawned over Obama then told us how the voters were perhaps expceting to much form Obama

I think the media gave a lot more attention to Hillary Clinton early on, they only started paying more attention to Barack Obama when it looked like he stood a chance against her and the Clinton Machine. Before that he was more or less cool little curiosity. He was a fresh face who wasn't a McCain, or Bush, or Clinton after all.

red states rule
03-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I think the media gave a lot more attention to Hillary Clinton early on, they only started paying more attention to Barack Obama when it looked like he stood a chance against her and the Clinton Machine. Before that he was more or less cool little curiosity. He was a fresh face who wasn't a McCain, or Bush, or Clinton after all.

No, the liberal media went with Obama simply because he was a liberal, and better still for them, he was black

Only a racist would not support the black guy - and today - we are told only racists oppose the first black President

Obama got where he is with the help of the liberal media shielding him, trashing his opponents, and reporting lies to support his policies

Dang Straight
03-14-2010, 10:53 AM
No, the liberal media went with Obama simply because he was a liberal, and better still for them, he was black

Only a racist would not support the black guy - and today - we are told only racists oppose the first black President

Obama got where he is with the help of the liberal media shielding him, trashing his opponents, and reporting lies to support his policies

Obama got where he is with the help of the liberal media shielding him, trashing his opponents, and reporting lies to support his policies.

You forgot a very important part. The former Administration also help Obama due to their poor performance. Big Government, Big Spending.

Obama latched on to it and ran. One of the problems today is the many VOTER are lazy and fail to find out what the candidates are all about. The second problem was the Republicans failed to run a Candidate worth while.

If you don't watch the store someone will rob you blind, Obama did just that. Now how to figure out a way to turn these event around.

Is it too late......................................?

red states rule
03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Obama got where he is with the help of the liberal media shielding him, trashing his opponents, and reporting lies to support his policies.

You forgot a very important part. The former Administration also help Obama due to their poor performance. Big Government, Big Spending.

Obama latched on to it and ran. One of the problems today is the many VOTER are lazy and fail to find out what the candidates are all about. The second problem was the Republicans failed to run a Candidate worth while.

If you don't watch the store someone will rob you blind, Obama did just that. Now how to figure out a way to turn these event around.

Is it too late......................................?

and while Obama ran against big government, big spending, big defcits - what the hell is Obama doing?

Now that is cool, that is fine with Dems and the liberla media

It is sad some stupid people actually believe deficit spending will prevent the nation from going broke