PDA

View Full Version : Dems Considering Passing Obamacare WITHOUT A Recorded Vote

red states rule
03-11-2010, 07:47 AM
How much more corrupt can Dems get? The voters wil not go nuclear if this so called "Slaughter Solution" is the Dems final solution to ram Obamacare thru

House Democrats looking at 'Slaughter Solution' to pass Obamacare without a vote on Senate bill

By: Mark Tapscott
Editorial Page Editor

03/10/10 4:17 PM EST

Would House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her fellow House Democratic leaders try to cram the Senate version of Obamacare through the House without actually having a recorded vote on the bill?

Not only is the answer yes, they would, they have figured out a way to do it, according to National Journal's Congress Daily:

"House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday.

"Slaughter is weighing preparing a rule that would consider the Senate bill passed once the House approves a corrections bill that would make changes to the Senate version.

"Slaughter has not taken the plan to Speaker Pelosi as Democrats await CBO scores on the corrections bill. 'Once the CBO gives us the score, we'll spring right on it,' she said."

Each bill that comes before the House for a vote on final passage must be given a rule that determines things like whether the minority would be able to offer amendments to it from the floor.

In the Slaughter Solution, the rule would declare that the House "deems" the Senate version of Obamacare to have been passed by the House. House members would still have to vote on whether to accept the rule, but they would then be able to say they only voted for a rule, not for the bill itself

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/House-Democrats-looking-at-Slaughter-Solution-to-pass-Obamacare-without-a-vote-on-Senate-bill-87267402.html#ixzz0hs6ZpQFF

Monkeybone
03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
that is utter fucking bullshit. It would be sad if Healthcare is the thing that tears our country apart.

red states rule
03-11-2010, 08:20 AM
that is utter fucking bullshit. It would be sad if Healthcare is the thing that tears our country apart.

It tells me Pelosi still does not have the votes, so they have to pull the trigger and get Obamacare passed somehow

Libs are desperate, and will stop at nothing to ram it thru. Screw the voters, the hell with what the people want, and it is fine to change the rules as they go along as long as they win a political fight

glockmail
03-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Why vote at all? Obama should just sign an executive order rescinding the Constitution entirely.

red states rule
03-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Why vote at all? Obama should just sign an executive order rescinding the Constitution entirely.

Obama is making Richard Nixon look like a fair and honest man

red states rule
03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Over in the Senate, Dick Durbin called Obama a liar

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7QAci-XWHY&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7QAci-XWHY&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Yet Obama said health premiums will go down

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/03/10/obama_says_health_premiums_will_go_down.html

krisy
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
that is utter fucking bullshit.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Worried yet?!

Little-Acorn
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Sshhhh... he'll hear you.

red states rule
03-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Good name for this idea.

Slaughter the economy, freedom, and the US Constitution

Kathianne
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
and it gets better. Merge Obamacare with Obamaed, two unpopular ideas, rolled into one:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34308.html

Loan bill could give Obama twin win
By: Carrie Budoff Brown
March 11, 2010 11:20 PM EST

The prospects for piggybacking a student loan reform bill onto the Senate health care fixes improved considerably Thursday, with Democrats signaling support for the move and the Senate Budget Committee chairman also giving his assent.

The move could deliver twin victories to President Barack Obama, who has pushed to shake up the student loan market. But it also opens Democrats to attacks from Republicans who say Congress and the White House are already overreaching by using fast-track parliamentary rules to finish health care reform – let alone enact major changes to the college lending industry.

Only a day earlier, key Senate Democrats were resisting calls to insert the proposed overhaul of lending programs into the budget reconciliation bill with health care reform.

But two developments intervened, Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) told POLITICO in an interview Thursday night.

The Senate parliamentarian notified Democratic leaders that, in order to meet the reconciliation requirements, both the Senate health and finance committees would need to produce $1 billion in deficit savings each over the next 10 years, Conrad said.

With health care alone, the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee would not be able to show the items within its jurisdiction save at least $1 billion. By inserting the education package, the committee would satisfy the reconciliation instructions, Conrad said.

At the same time, Conrad won an internal debate among Democrats to use the most current cost estimates from the Congressional Budget Office, which showed smaller savings from the loan package than the estimates used last fall when the House passed the bill. As a result, Conrad dropped one of his major objections.

“We are still looking at options,” Conrad said. “We are still trying to see if there is some other way to do this.”

Indeed, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) needs to canvass his caucus to see whether a majority of senators would support the expanded bill, aides said Thursday. Reid can lose nine members of his caucus and still pass the reconciliation bill.

red states rule
03-12-2010, 07:53 AM
This is not government out of control, this is government gone bad . The sheer arrogance of these people is off the charts

The amount of anger the voters will put on display in November will be massive

Kathianne
03-12-2010, 07:55 AM
I wonder what November will bring. The violence is not likely to come from the right, despite the testosterone posts found here and elsewhere, much more likely from the far left, if denied what is 'theirs.' Gonna get ugly.

red states rule
03-12-2010, 08:00 AM
I wonder what November will bring. The violence is not likely to come from the right, despite the testosterone posts found here and elsewhere, much more likely from the far left, if denied what is 'theirs.' Gonna get ugly.

I am not talking about vioilence Kathianne - and I do not want to see that from anyone

I am talking about people like myself who are pissed off over the arrogance of the Dems. I see them looking at people like me with total distain and contempt

I want the anger to drive a record number of people to the polls and vote the Dems and the RINO's out of office, and then start the process of repairing the damage that has been inflicted

The best way to stop this insanity is doing it at the ballot box

I only hope the likes of Matthews, Perky Katie, and Brian Williams report on election night how the voters had another temper tanturm

Gaffer
03-12-2010, 03:51 PM
When someone shows disdain for me I want to punch them, not just tell them to go away. I want them bloody and gone. There will not be much conservative fighting up to the election. But when those same assholes get put back into office through fraud and intimidation that's when the fighting will start. evil people now control this country and its not going to be taken back simply by voting.

SassyLady
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Is everyone ready for a major protest on the White House lawn?

SassyLady
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
When someone shows disdain for me I want to punch them, not just tell them to go away. I want them bloody and gone. There will not be much conservative fighting up to the election. But when those same assholes get put back into office through fraud and intimidation that's when the fighting will start. evil people now control this country and its not going to be taken back simply by voting.

Must spread the rep around! :clap:

red states rule
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Must spread the rep around! :clap:

Took care of it for you

BTW, why is the liberal media ignoring all the tax increases in the House bill. Damn, it looks like taxes will go up for those making less then $250,000/yr

What a surprise

The Health Care Reform Bill: Welcome To The Biggest Tax Increase In U.S. History

Will the health care reform bill that the Democrats are trying to figure out a way to ram through Congress end up being the biggest tax increase in U.S. history? Unfortunately, a close reading of the bill leads to the inescapable conclusion that it will be. You see, the crafters of this legislation were smart. They realized that if they included one huge tax increase in the health care bill it would make headlines all over the country, so they chopped up the taxes into a bunch of smaller pieces in order to make them easier to swallow. In fact, one review of the Senate version of the health care bill identified at least 19 tax increases. When you put all of the tax increases together they add up to the biggest tax increase in the history of the United States. Considering the fact that the U.S. economy is already on the verge of economic collapse, the last thing that the American people need is a massive tax increase. But that is exactly what they are about to get.

So let's take a closer look at some of these taxes....

*In Section 5000(A) of the Senate version of the bill (which can be found here), there is a requirement for all Americans to purchase health insurance. Those who do not obtain health coverage will be hit with an annual tax penalty of $750.

*Barack Obama is trying to sneak a large Medicare tax increase for wealthy Americans into the final version of the health care bill. Under Obama's proposal, individuals who earn more than $200,000 and couples who earn over $250,000 would pay an additional 2.9% surtax on unearned income from interest, dividends, annuities, royalties and rents. Up until now, employers and employees have each contributed 1.45% of each paycheck to Medicare. But if Obama's proposal makes it into the final bill, wealthy Americans will see their Medicare taxes absolutely skyrocket.

*In Section 9008 of the Senate version of the health care bill, a $2.3 billion excise tax would be imposed on the pharmaceutical industry. This tax would not be based on income. It would solely be based on market share. So even if a company was losing hundreds of millions of dollars it would still have to pay.

*Section 9009 of the Senate version of the health care bill imposes an "annual fee" on medical device manufacturers and importers. Once again, this $2 billion "excise tax" would be based on market share and not on income.

*Section 9010 of the Senate version of the health care bill would also impose an "annual fee" on health insurance providers. This $6.7 billion tax would also be allocated based on market share.

So how much of these new taxes on health insurance companies, drugmakers and medical device manufacturers do you think will be passed on to consumers?

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/24135/The_Health_Care_Reform_Bill:_Welcome_To_The_Bigges t_Tax_Increase_In_U.S._History.html

BoogyMan
03-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I cannot describe how this particular issue distresses me. Not since Watergate has there been so much hubris brought to bear against the constitution of the United States of America.

Link (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/House-Democrats-looking-at-Slaughter-Solution-to-pass-Obamacare-without-a-vote-on-Senate-bill-87267402.html)

In the Slaughter Solution, the rule would declare that the House "deems" the Senate version of Obamacare to have been passed by the House. House members would still have to vote on whether to accept the rule, but they would then be able to say they only voted for a rule, not for the bill itself.

The constitution clearly states the following.

U.S Constitution, Article I, Section VII, Clause II.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively...

We now stand on the precipice of a constitutional crisis that makes Watergate look like a a playground brawl in comparison.

I fear for the state of the union. Hope and change has truly brought us to the brink. I can only hope that sanity breaks out in Washington DC before this misguided foolishness is allowed to be followed through upon.

red states rule
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
I do enjoy watching liberals beat each other up over their predictions over Obamacare passing or failing

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd8zkU2G2G" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd8zkU2G2G" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

BoogyMan
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
In light of the fact that we see a complete dismissal of the constitution in this case, there should be consequences for those supporting the Slaughter legislation.

The oath of office that our Congresspeople take is listed below.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The supporters of the Slaughter legislation should be run out of office, unconditionally.

Kathianne
03-16-2010, 06:41 PM
In light of the fact that we see a complete dismissal of the constitution in this case, there should be consequences for those supporting the Slaughter legislation.

The oath of office that our Congresspeople take is listed below.

The supporters of the Slaughter legislation should be run out of office, unconditionally.

I'll bet the briefs on this are already written. If they attempt this gambit, it will go to SCOTUS.

krisy
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I just can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing in the United States of America!!

Deeming that something happened?!! Something this big?!!!

SassyLady
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
It's the elistists' way of doing things. "Deeming" things is akin to dictatorship.

red states rule
03-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Great video which sums up the Dems tactics

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd8zSU2GSU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=Xd8zSU2GSU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>