PDA

View Full Version : Spring Forward Messes with More than Time

Shadow
03-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Studies Show Daylight Saving Time Increases Serious Heart Attacks, Decreases Returns on Investments in Week After Change.

(CBS) It's that time of year again, when reminders about changing our clocks pop up everywhere as the United States springs forward into daylight saving time.

Most people love that extra daylight in the evening, but it's a change that comes with more than the catch of losing an hour of sleep Saturday night, reports CBS News correspondent Ben Tracy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/12/eveningnews/main6293834.shtml?tag=pop

This article says that it's good to start preparing your body for the time adjustment 6 days in advance. Does anyone actually do this? I know I don't...interesting.

Noir
03-13-2010, 11:22 AM
=/
Why would you have to prepare your body, you sleep do aslong as you sleep, I don't see how it makes a difference.

Shadow
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree with you. Either way you are going to lose or gain an hour depending on the time change. I don't see how it would help either.

KarlMarx
03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
As time goes by, the period that Daylight Savings Time is in effect increases. Now, DST is in effect longer than "Standard" Time. They might as well get it over with and go to Daylight Savings Time all year long.