PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday Was The Day! Coffee Parties

Kathianne
03-14-2010, 09:49 AM
They got coverage from all sorts of press, just as they got build up for the meet ups the days before. So how did they turn out? The largest claim was 'dozens' showed up at some small coffee house, though from the pics you can see that many were obviously just patrons of the host. LOL!

http://news.google.com/news?client=safari&rls=en&q=coffee%20parties&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

Coffee party
Idaho State Journal - Joe Kline - ‎6 hours ago‎
By Debbie Bryce dbryce@journalnet.com | 0 comments POCATELLO — Sara O'Connor said Coffee Party USA is about reconnecting splintered factions nationwide and ...
Coffee Party percolating in Kansas City Kansas City Star
Coffee Party 'heating up' in Quincy ConnectTriStates.com powered by KHQA
Coffee Party shares many values of Tea Party abc11.com
Naples Daily News - Daily Mail - Charleston (blog)

isn't it cute how the headlines are so similar? So are the stories, a few omit any numbers, just talk about facebook page. :laugh2::coffee:

krisy
03-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Saw CNN reporting on these yesterday. It was the first I have heard of them. There was a lady on that represents them and she said that they are for smaller gov? She also said they welcome conservatives. I was wondering why they don't just join the tea party? I guess I will have to read up more on them.

krisy
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Just read a little and one of the coffee members says the tea party is too angry and extreme?

Then I read an article on the Asylum that asks "will they be able to capture the popular imagination without Hitler signs and costumes?"

Hmmmm,wonder where people get the idea that the tea party is angry and extreme?