PDA

View Full Version : Another billboard mystery in Minnesota?

red states rule
03-16-2010, 06:57 AM
I love these billboards. It shows more and more people are rejecting all that hope and change

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/03/15/image6301445x_370x278.jpg

A billboard has appeared in Minnesota featuring a photograph of former President Ronald Reagan and the words, "Remember real hope and change?"

The billboard, first reported by Ed Morrissey at the blog Hot Air, is reminiscent of the "Miss Me Yet?" billboard that appeared in Minnesota last month.

The identity of the person or group behind the Reagan billboard is not yet known; the Bush version was attributed to "a group of small business owners who feel like Washington is against them" and who wanted to remain anonymous.

The billboard stands on I-94 in or near the town of Albertville, outside of Minneapolis. The town is reportedly part of the 6th Congressional District, which is represented in the House by Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20000495-503544.html

namvet
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
from around the country

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2471841/posts

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Yup and Minnesooooooooda is one of those "blue" states in "flyover" Country. Let's hope we can survive the mess this Chicago thug is making worse. JR

glockmail
03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/03/15/image6301445x_370x278.jpg :salute:

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
reagan raised interest rates and bankrupted small busineses. You really want that right now. He also was abysmal in adressing the aids crisis.

glockmail
03-16-2010, 01:03 PM
reagan raised interest rates and bankrupted small busineses. You really want that right now. He also was abysmal in adressing the aids crisis. Bush addressed the AIDs crisis and you still voted for Obama. So shut the fuck up.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Bush wasn't up for re-election and one good deed doesn't make the president.

glockmail
03-16-2010, 01:08 PM
A Republican was. And you brought up AIDS. I guess you're just closed-minded and will blindly support a Democrat regardless.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
not at all, I voted a republican for state rep for being a woman. Anne Northup.

Bush killed plenty in iraq to make up for the aids help and his help was against family planning so caused a lot of harm as well.

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
reagan raised interest rates and bankrupted small busineses. You really want that right now. He also was abysmal in adressing the aids crisis.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat????? :uhoh:

Reagan raised rates yer sayin'? :p

Are you smooooookin' something real strong?

His policies lead to just the opposite outcome. Simply the biggest bond market rally in US History as the all time high in rates was the summer of 1981 when the thirty year US Treasury Bond was issued witha 16 7/8 coupon at auction! Hit the books.

Jimmy Carter, (one of the very worst in our history), apointed one of the best (Democrat no less) Fed Chairmans in history to kill inflation which was a direct result of another terrible dim wit Democrat POTUS from the 1960's: LBJ.

His name was Paul Volker. I wish Obamaprompter would listen to him now.

Nixon (who was also a very Liberal and lousy POTUS who followed the far worse LBJ), did a lot of damage by expanding Social Security benifits (and he also created other uncornsitutional Federal departments as the worthless Carter did as well), as the dim wit Democrats who corntrolled in Congress in the late 1960s and 1970s punched through lots of inflationary junk during his and Carter's Administration as well. Grrrrrr

Interest rates are actually set by the capital markets. The Fed can corntrol short term rates for short periods of time, butt long term rates are what the market sets based upon inflation or deflation expectations and toooooo much money (or tooooooo little as in the 1930s) chasing actual tangible goods and services.

No POTUS raises or decreases interest rates in the economy although growing Nanny Gubment (which Congress does as has since 1932), eventually will have crushing effects, either inflationary as LBJ, NIXON, CARTER had, or deflationary as Hoover, FDR and now Obama had or now has.

Hope this mini history lesson helps clear the smoke a bit for ya.

Respectfully, JR

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Nixon, besides watergate, was awesome.

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Nixon, besides watergate, was awesome.

I could see where a Liberal would think that. :rolleyes:

As bad as he was, (and he was bad), LBJ and Carter were exponentially worse.

I guess yer not gonna debate yer silly chit about Reagan and interest rates then eh?

Abbey Marie
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I could see where a Liberal would think that. :rolleyes:

As bad as he was, (and he was bad), LBJ and Carter were exponentially worse.

I guess yer not gonna debate yer silly chit about Reagan and interest rates then eh?

:popcorn:

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
reagan also raised taxes mr. republican man.

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 02:40 PM

There you go again.

The rest of you, see what goes on here?

LiberalNation accepts leftist fibs as gospel, just laps them up, accepting without question or doubt.

No research, no checking (or he would have found the truth in 10 seconds), no desire for truth or historic fact.

And he votes.

Were you wondering how Barack Obama got elected? Now you know.

Hordes of liberalnations, like lemmings into the sea... only they're dragging the whole country with them.

These people cannot be reasoned with, cannot be straightened out, cannot be educated. As for hoping they look up some information on their own, or otherwise show the slightest desire for finding the truth... forget it.

They can only be defeated at the polls - which was the reason voting was set up in the first place. And they'll always be back to try to vote their way again.

They are the source of Paine's statement about the Tree of Liberty.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
http://old.nationalreview.com/nrof_bartlett/bartlett200310290853.asp

Trigg
03-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Bush killed plenty in iraq to make up for the aids help and his help was against family planning so caused a lot of harm as well.

I hope you at least agreed with her on the issues. Voting for someone because of their gender is just as bad as voting for someone because of their race. It makes no damn sense at all.

Plenty are still getting killed in Iraq. You just aren't hearing about it because the media refuses to focus on any negative news where bambam is concerned.
I wonder if those peace prize people are still happy with their winner???????

glockmail
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM

.... So your Dyke overruled your Democrat in one election. Big fucking deal.

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 03:01 PM

Not a Republican.

I'm a Cornservative.

Yer not an ace mind reader: neither, (if ya can't read a simpleton's mind with only one functional brain cell), soooooooo time ta give it up. ;)

The POTUS proposes, Congress passes laws. Better hit the books.

There were changes in taxation that resulted in some greater taxation during Reagan's two terms. That said, he was responsible fer one of the biggest and most pervasive tax cuts that he both proposed and signed into law in US history. It gave us 20 years of tremendous growth and prosperity.

The Social Security rates were increased (that carried Social Security to the present time), otherwise there would have been a default years ago. JR

Abbey Marie
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Not a Republican.

I'm a Cornservative.

Yer not an ace mind reader: neither, (if ya can't read a simpleton's mind with only one functional brain cell), soooooooo time ta give it up. ;)

The POTUS proposes, Congress passes laws. Better hit the books.

There were changes in taxation that resulted in some greater taxation during Reagan's two terms. That said, he was responsible fer one of the biggest and most pervasive tax cuts that he both proposed and signed into law in US history. It gave us 20 years of tremendous growth and prosperity.

The Social Security rates were increased (that carried Social Security to the present time), otherwise there would have been a default years ago. JR

LN thinks it is unfair that she has to actually go to class to get a college degree. :coffee:

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
it's apparent I don't most the time.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Only someone way out of touch with the very serious problems America is now facing would bring something up so trivial as "aids".

You can always tell when there's a liberal in the house.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah glock, how dare your liberal ass bring it up.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
yeah glock, how dare your liberal ass bring it up.I'm afraid it wasn't Glock LN.

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
The rest of you, see what goes on here?

LiberalNation accepts leftist fibs as gospel, just laps them up, accepting without question or doubt.

No research, no checking (or he would have found the truth in 10 seconds), no desire for truth or historic fact.

And he votes.

Were you wondering how Barack Obama got elected? Now you know.

Hordes of liberalnations, like lemmings into the sea... only they're dragging the whole country with them.

These people cannot be reasoned with, cannot be straightened out, cannot be educated. As for hoping they look up some information on their own, or otherwise show the slightest desire for finding the truth... forget it.

They can only be defeated at the polls - which was the reason voting was set up in the first place. And they'll always be back to try to vote their way again.

They are the source of Paine's statement about the Tree of Liberty.

Jeff
03-16-2010, 07:48 PM

There is no President in History that has fucked up as bad in there full terms as this asshole has done in one year

He says the worst is over, apparently he is to fucking blinded by that animal he calls a wife or his 65,000 dollar dates, 100 bucks a steak dinner to even see the truth, companies are closing up all over this country, and this asswhipe is only worried about his health care plan, :eek:

If this yard ape isn't impeached soon this country will with a doubt be in a depression like no other it has ever seen , before he is out of office

red states rule
03-16-2010, 07:54 PM

It is funny when liberals like you who were in diapers, try to talk about Ronald Reagan

I lived thru Carter and Reagan, and I know what an outstanding job Reagan did bringing the economy back from the wosrt conditions in my lifetime

If ytou want to know how good Reagan was LN, look at the election results in 1984

HE won with 49 states

03-17-2010, 01:20 AM

The Aids crisis? You're joking right?

First, there is no crisis. Aids is one of the most preventable diseases every created.

Second, There sure as heck wasn't a crisis in the 1980s. Aids wasnt even well known until the the mid 80s.

Third, Government doesnt solve these problems. People do.

03-17-2010, 01:22 AM
LN thinks it is unfair that she has to actually go to class to get a college degree. :coffee:

I wish people were more concerned about learnign than degrees.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 03:54 AM
I wish people were more concerned about learnign than degrees.

I had a professor tell me that yesterday, and unfortunately it's quite true. It seems these days that schools are more focused on test-taking than actual learning. Hell, I when I was in 2nd grade we had a counselor pull us out of our classes once a week to give us lessons of test-taking. There were even poems and little videos they used to "motivate" us into passing exams.

Fuck lol.

red states rule
03-17-2010, 05:29 AM

Soon she will think it is unfair she has to get up everyday, get dressed, drive to work, put in 8 hours, drive home, and get up the next day and do it all over again

LN will soon learn SOMEONE has to work to pay all the taxes for her damn social programs, handouts, and freebies she has supported

red states rule
03-17-2010, 06:04 AM

I thought you were all for tax increases - except when YOU have to pay them like on your soda

What were thos tax increases and why were they raised?

First

Tax Equity And Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982
Legislation in the United States, passed in 1982, that rolled back some of the tax cuts the federal government enacted the previous year. It repealed accelerated depreciation deductions and created a 10% withholding tax on all dividends sent to accounts without tax identification numbers. It also increased the unemployment tax. While TEFRA raised taxes, they remained well below what they were prior to Ronald Reagan's accession to the presidency.

http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/TEFRA

Pres Reagan made a deal with Dem to cut spending in exchange for the tax increases. Dems got the tax increases but turned around and increased spending

BTW LN, revenues during the 8 years of Ronald Reagan DOUBLED thanks to the tax cuts and the record peace time expanison of the economy

I know you are to young to know this so cast your liberal eyes on the election results of 1980 and 1984

http://electoralmap.net/1980.png

http://electoralmap.net/1984.png

Any questions LN?