PDA

View Full Version : "Drive By Posting"

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 07:56 AM
The wonderfully creative and immaginative Hog has coined a new phrase..."Drive By Posting"

This is when a non-talented poster busts into a thread, drops off an insult, accusation or idiotic remark and exits quickly.

I have noticed that liberals and other left-minded people are the ones who are guilty of this offense to a much greater degree than anyone else.

There is a reason for this of course...Having no rational rebuttal or sensible argument for their beliefs, opinions or positions, it is all they have to fight with.

Political Correctness destroys original thought, common sense and the ability to think for yourself and leaves one with no other recourse but, 'attack the messenger!'

Monkeybone
03-16-2010, 08:10 AM
you mean like when you come into a thread, don't make a comment on it or anything, but that if it doesn't agree with your POV then they must be PC and liberal programmed or just left-thinking?

Head up your ass destroys original thought, common sense and the ability to think for yourself and leaves one with no other recourse but, 'attack the messenger!' fixed it for yah :thumb:

darin
03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
except that phrase is about 4 years old...othewise...good for ya

Monkeybone
03-16-2010, 09:39 AM
except that phrase is about 4 years old...othewise...good for yaI didn't have the heart to tell him that also....

Gaffer
03-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Hog invented the term just like algore invented the internet.

chesswarsnow
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Sorry bout that,

The wonderfully creative and immaginative Hog has coined a new phrase..."Drive By Posting"

This is when a non-talented poster busts into a thread, drops off an insult, accusation or idiotic remark and exits quickly.

I have noticed that liberals and other left-minded people are the ones who are guilty of this offense to a much greater degree than anyone else.

There is a reason for this of course...Having no rational rebuttal or sensible argument for their beliefs, opinions or positions, it is all they have to fight with.

Political Correctness destroys original thought, common sense and the ability to think for yourself and leaves one with no other recourse but, 'attack the messenger!'

1. Yeah I hear you, I get that alot.
2. They come at me about my numbering, and say nothing about my thread.
3. Another strange thing I see about liberals, is, they make a thread, then post no opinion, this is a sign of what you speak too.
4. All too often I open a thread like that, and just want to go get me a link and sample, and throw that up there, and leave, never to return again to the thread.
5. What that tells me when they do that, is they are saying to me, "Hey I found this link, I'm not sure where I should stand on it at this time, so if I can get some feed back from you guys amd gals, I will better know where I stand on it, and will post then."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I didn't have the heart to tell him that also....

To be fair, there are times when we think we invented something, only to find it's not original.

I also wonder how you can not have the heart to tell Hog it's not original, but are ok with implying his head is up his arse. ;)

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
you mean like when you come into a thread, don't make a comment on it or anything, but that if it doesn't agree with your POV then they must be PC and liberal programmed or just left-thinking?I always explain my position when I post on a serious subject.

Head up your ass destroys original thought, common sense and the ability to think for yourself and leaves one with no other recourse but, 'attack the messenger!' fixed it for yah :thumb:It is not neccessary to be rude...As I have said before, I am not your enemy.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
except that phrase is about 4 years old...othewise...good for ya

I didn't have the heart to tell him that also....

To be fair, there are times when we think we invented something, only to find it's not original.Ladies and gentlemen...I am perfectly aware that "drive-by" is in referrance to a mobile gangsta hit squad as coined by the boys in the hood and also "drive-by journalism" as re-coined by Rush Limbaugh if I'm not mistaken.

I simply re-applied it again to fit the point of my post...Where is your immagination and humor my friends?...Hate has a way of clouding people's observations.

I also wonder how you can not have the heart to tell Hog it's not original, but are ok with implying his head is up his arse. ;)Thank you for your defense kind lady...I think. :)

Abbey Marie
03-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...I am perfectly aware that "drive-by" is in referrance to a mobile gangsta hit squad as coined by the boys in the hood and also "drive-by journalism" as re-coined by Rush Limbaugh if I'm not mistaken.

I simply re-applied it again to fit the point of my post...Where is your immagination and humor my friends?...Hate has a way of clouding people's observations.

Thank you for your defense kind lady...I think. :)

It was sincere, Hog. I try to be fair. :salute:

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
It was sincere, Hog. I try to be fair. :salute:You certainly do Abby, and that is why you are so well loved here.

Thank you......Sincerely :clap:

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah I hear you, I get that alot.
2. They come at me about my numbering, and say nothing about my thread.
3. Another strange thing I see about liberals, is, they make a thread, then post no opinion, this is a sign of what you speak too.
4. All too often I open a thread like that, and just want to go get me a link and sample, and throw that up there, and leave, never to return again to the thread.
5. What that tells me when they do that, is they are saying to me, "Hey I found this link, I'm not sure where I should stand on it at this time, so if I can get some feed back from you guys amd gals, I will better know where I stand on it, and will post then."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasHave you noticed that poor little Gabosaurus is notorious for drive-by posting?...She may be the #1 offender here...LOL!

Noir
03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
On conservative borads you get liberal drivebys, on liberal websites you get conservative drivebys,
Its more to do with being outnumbered than your politics.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 09:28 PM
On conservative borads you get liberal drivebys, on liberal websites you get conservative drivebys,
Its more to do with being outnumbered than your politics.Oh, Bull!...It has to do with having no argument for your position.

And it's a liberal trait...I know this from posting all over the internet.

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh, Bull!...It has to do with having no argument for your position.

And it's a liberal trait...I know this from posting all over the internet.

Bullshit. When you are cornered you call someone a liberal and say they are a victim of political correctness. Then you make snide little comments and when someone smacks you in the face with a better retort you play the victim card. One on one you can't debate anyone here.

glockmail
03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Its more to do with being outnumbered than your politics.Not true.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Bullshit. When you are cornered you call someone a liberal and say they are a victim of political correctness. Then you make snide little comments and when someone smacks you in the face with a better retort you play the victim card. One on one you can't debate anyone here.I never expected the 'Village Marine' to show up.

What are you doing here, this isn't a gay issue???

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Bullshit. When you are cornered you call someone a liberal and say they are a victim of political correctness. Then you make snide little comments and when someone smacks you in the face with a better retort you play the victim card. One on one you can't debate anyone here.

I never expected the 'Village Marine' to show up.

What are you doing here, this isn't a gay issue???

I rest my case.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I rest my case.You are right...I am no match for your wit, charm and intelligence. :bow2:

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
You are right...I am no match for your wit, charm and intelligence. :bow2:

Face facts you are guilty of what you blame others of doing.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Face facts you are guilty of what you blame others of doing.If you don't mind, would you please return the "quoted" post of mine to it's original form and content or delete it!? [Post#20]

I have no problem with what you say to me or about me in your posts, but altering my posts and reposting them as though I were the one responsible for it's content is unacceptable.

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 08:06 PM
If you don't mind, would you please return the "quoted" post of mine to it's original form and content or delete it!? [Post#20]

I have no problem with what you say to me or about me in your posts, but altering my posts and reposting them as though I were the one responsible for it's content is unacceptable.

Didn't alter your posts. They quote exactly what you said.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Didn't alter your posts. They quote exactly what you said.My nick is a part of the content of my post.

Are you going to give me a problem with this?

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
My nick is a part of the content of my post.

Are you going to give me a problem with this?

What's wrong piggy? Can't handle it when someone calls you names?

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM
What's wrong piggy? Can't handle it when someone calls you names?Did you read my previous post?

I have no problem with your names.

Here it is again:

Post 21
I have no problem with what you say to me or about me in your posts, but altering my posts and reposting them as though I were the one responsible for it's content is unacceptable.All I ask is that you post your comments in your posts and not alter mine.

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Did you read my previous post?

I have no problem with your names.

Here it is again:

All I ask is that you post your comments in your posts and not alter mine.

Or what, you gonna tell the teacher?

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Or what, you gonna tell the teacher?I can see we have a problem.

Yes, I intend to report you to the teacher.

That is, unless you have another solution?

82Marine89
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I can see we have a problem.

Yes, I intend to report you to the teacher.

That is, unless you have another solution?

Go for it Mr. Whiny Ass. Just be sure to tell them who started the name calling and who couldn't take it.

Pussy

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Go for it Mr. Whiny Ass. Just be sure to tell them who started the name calling and who couldn't take it.

PussyLOL!....Well I can't exactly stomp a mudhole in your ass after school rambo.

chesswarsnow
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This is quite enough.
2. Marine is starting shit and needs a time out.
3. I thought that this site was done with allowing this kinda crap?
4. I see no moderator stepping in.
5. Let's get this kinda crap off DP!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This is quite enough.
2. Marine is starting shit and needs a time out.
3. I thought that this site was done with allowing this kinda crap?
4. I see no moderator stepping in.
5. Let's get this kinda crap off DP!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasActually chess, I have no problem with his childish remarks and name-calling.

As you can see, there kind of entertaining in a juvenile sort of way.

My only problem is with him altering my posts when he quotes them.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Post-altering (yes, including the name) isn't cool. Let's stop, please.

jimnyc
03-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Free speech is the name of the game, and if you guys want to lash out at one another, far be it from me to stop you. Threads that get ruined will be moved to the cage, or I would prefer that you guys just start a thread there to "discuss".

Although it's obvious that HT's quotes have been altered, I would still prefer that we don't do this. Some may just skim the thread and actually mistake the altered quote to be what someone actually stated. Let's argue on what one another actually stated.

chesswarsnow
03-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes I know it's my choice, but I won't tolerate much of this kinda crap.
2. It's just not worth it.
3. If we can't respect each others opinons and not go into a romper room tizzy.
4. Then we should lose the privalige to post here.
5. And it makes me mad when the mod team condone this too.
6. Jimbo you may want to rethink your position on allowing these free for all personal attacks between posters, it can't be good for your stress level, and or this site.
7. Just my opinion and seeing it is, I know it's correct.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes I know it's my choice, but I won't tolerate much of this kinda crap.
2. It's just not worth it.
3. If we can't respect each others opinons and not go into a romper room tizzy.
4. Then we should lose the privalige to post here.
5. And it makes me mad when the mod team condone this too.
6. Jimbo you may want to rethink your position on allowing these free for all personal attacks between posters, it can't be good for your stress level, and or this site.
7. Just my opinion and seeing it is, I know it's correct.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It takes two ta dance,
Most personal attacks resolve in counter attacks and so forth, making the problem worse, let other people say whatever they like, but don't counter, simple, stress free, and they'll look like fools :)
And i dare say the last thing jim would need do for his stress levels would be to get more involved in handing out punishments ect, as that would likely resolve in more arguments than less, ergo more unnecessary stress.

HogTrash
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Free speech is the name of the game, and if you guys want to lash out at one another, far be it from me to stop you.I agree 100% Jim and I couldn't care less what names or insults are flung in my honor.

However I do expect the comments of others to be restricted to their posts and ask that mine not be altered as if I am responsible for someone elses words.

Threads that get ruined will be moved to the cage, or I would prefer that you guys just start a thread there to "discuss".

Although it's obvious that HT's quotes have been altered, I would still prefer that we don't do this. Some may just skim the thread and actually mistake the altered quote to be what someone actually stated. Let's argue on what one another actually stated.Does this mean the posts of mine that have been altered are not going to be deleted or returned to their original form?????

jimnyc
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Does this mean the posts of mine that have been altered are not going to be deleted or returned to their original form?????

Before staff steps in I would like to "request" that posters stop altering quotes from others. I don't want to make rules for every little petty event that transpires or the rules post at the top of the board will become rather lengthy.

Should the actions continue beyond my request, then staff will intervene and ensure the activity stops.

Altering quotes and the name of the person within the quotes has been happening on and off at every board I belong to for years. It's just another way to "get back" at the user you are fighting with. Unfortunately, this manner CAN lead to confusion for the casual reader while the majority of regulars will see through what is happening.

I'm not ignoring your request, I'm just letting "free speech" take its course and hoping my request will be taken seriously and 2 adults can at least "fight" like adults before staff needs to intervene.

HogTrash
03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Before staff steps in I would like to "request" that posters stop altering quotes from others. I don't want to make rules for every little petty event that transpires or the rules post at the top of the board will become rather lengthy.

Should the actions continue beyond my request, then staff will intervene and ensure the activity stops.

Altering quotes and the name of the person within the quotes has been happening on and off at every board I belong to for years. It's just another way to "get back" at the user you are fighting with. Unfortunately, this manner CAN lead to confusion for the casual reader while the majority of regulars will see through what is happening.

I'm not ignoring your request, I'm just letting "free speech" take its course and hoping my request will be taken seriously and 2 adults can at least "fight" like adults before staff needs to intervene.My only concern is for my altered posts that will forever remain in the public eye if you should choose to refuse my request.

Under the true posters name it is nothing more than rediculous nonsense, but when attributed to me it is false and misleading lies.

jimnyc
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
My only concern is for my altered posts that will forever remain in the public eye if you should choose to refuse my request.

Under the true posters name it is nothing more than rediculous nonsense, but when attributed to me it is false and misleading lies.

Your original posting also remain and I highly doubt the overwhelming majority of readers will not see exactly what took place. It would be a pain in the ass to edit each and every post, which would also lead to the responsibility to edit each post where it has been done before in the name of fairness.

I have added the following disclaimer to every post where your name or quote has been altered:

*** Dp Staff - the original quote and/or original quoted name has been altered in this post. Please be warned that the text and/or name might not be what the quoted poster actually wrote. ***

Nukeman
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
My God, what a bunch of Mary's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He changed YOUR name HT and I have to say I think you have been very INTOLERANT of his ideas and thoughts. whats the matter can't take it but can dish it out? You go crying to the Admin's like a little school girl!!!!!!:lame2:

How pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

As an edit "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me", or are you so thinned skinned you can't deal with it!!!!????????

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Can you see the problems this could cause if we all began the practice of altering everyone elses posts in fits of anger...I'm sure you will agree this would be an administraitive nightmare.

For this reason we should not allow this to take place and to make sure if it does, the violator is not rewarded by leaving the product of their deceit immortalized on the internet for all to see.

I had this same problem on another political forum [that I no longer post at]...The culprit was actually a member of board mangement who was able to alter even my signature and biography at will.

I honestly did not know it was so much trouble to undo this sad example of childish behavior by someone who claims to be a US Marine...Maybe things have changed since my tour of duty.

I admit that I have the capacity to spark anger in others but altering my posts was in bad taste and should not be tolerated...Apparently Marine's hate and anger over-rode his better judgement.

I certainly do not believe in censorship and am the number one proponent of free speech but I also believe each and everyone of us should take credit and responsibility for what we say as well as do.

For someone to attribute their words to someone else is a dangerous practice...If Marine were a better communicator and debater it would not be necessary for him to resort to such cowardly tactics.

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
My God, what a bunch of Mary's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He changed YOUR name HT and I have to say I think you have been very INTOLERANT of his ideas and thoughts. whats the matter can't take it but can dish it out?

How pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

As an edit "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me", or are you so thinned skinned you can't deal with it!!!!????????The difference is, I take responsibility for what I say and would never alter someone else's posts to make it appear that my words were their words.

Call me whatever you like, but do it in your own posts under your own name.

You go crying to the Admin's like a little school girl!!!!!!:lame2:What other recourse do we have?...I am open to suggestions?

Monkeybone
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
wow... it's taken care of yet the bitching still continues. Way to be such a man about it. Drop it. Let it go. Move on. That is what a non-liberal would do instead of just continuing to whine about it. How very liberal minded of you Hog, bitch until your way is accepted.

Nukeman
03-22-2010, 12:37 PM
The difference is, I take responsibility for what I say and would never alter someone else's posts to make it appear that my words were their words.?Well than good for you!!!!!! I guess?!?!?!? by the way he altered your NAME, which amounts to him calling YOU a name!!!!! Ahh had to go tell Jimmy to spank them for it!!!! God, get a life, no one really cares what you post or if someone else "alters" it in some way. Its a freaking debate forum!!!!!

Call me whatever you like, but do it in your own posts under your own name.

What other recourse do we have?...I am open to suggestions
How about being a man and not rising to the bait laid out in front of you
How about being a man and ignoring it.
How about being a man and live with the fact that "life ain't fair".
How about being a man and realizing that some people just don't like your views and will insult you!!!!!!!!!!:poke:

Nukeman
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
wow... it's taken care of yet the bitching still continues. Way to be such a man about it. Drop it. Let it go. Move on. That is what a non-liberal would do instead of just continuing to whine about it. How very liberal minded of you Hog, bitch until your way is accepted.

hahahahahahahaahahahahah!!!!!!!!! Love it!!! it is almost as if he has been PC programmed to bitch to get his way!!!:beer:

Like all those minorities he loves to hate on!!!!!!!

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
wow... it's taken care of yet the bitching still continues.Not really my little furry friend.

Way to be such a man about it. Drop it. Let it go. Move on. That is what a non-liberal would do instead of just continuing to whine about it. How very liberal minded of you Hog, bitch until your way is accepted.It is not just for me, but for everyone to be secure that their posts will be safe from those who would alter their content and/or meaning...It is sad if you truely do not see the extreme importance of this issue.

I don't see why expecting people to take responsibility for their words and not attribute them to others to be so objectional to you and that is why I say you have allowed your emotions to cloud your judgement.

As men, we are not afforded the luxury of thinking with our emotions...That is why we have women to turn to who can help us to make decisions on matters of the heart...A very efficient survival team I might add.

Monkeybone
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Not really my little furry friend.

It is not just for me, but for everyone to be secure that their posts will be safe from those who would alter their content and/or meaning...It is sad if you truely do not see the extreme importance of this issue.

I don't see why expecting people to take responsibility for their words and not attribute them to others to be so objectional to you and that is why I say you have allowed your emotions to cloud your judgement.

As men, we are not afforded the luxury of thinking with our emotions...That is why we have women to turn to who can help us to make decisions on matters of the heart...A very efficient survival team I might add.

yah.. i think you have that backwards. You are being the one with the clouded emotions and not letting it go. a man with logic would say, "Ok.. board owner has said something about it, taken care of it, time to move on" yet you keep harping on it. You cried a river, time to build a bridge and get over it.

oh yah.. and it's the freaking internet!

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
yah.. i think you have that backwards. You are being the one with the clouded emotions and not letting it go. a man with logic would say, "Ok.. board owner has said something about it, taken care of it, time to move on" yet you keep harping on it. You cried a river, time to build a bridge and get over it.

oh yah.. and it's the freaking internet!I don't believe you are the type to quietly accept injustices without mounting the best defense possible and have no idea why you would expect it of me or anyone else.

I have never been a quitter and do not give up a fight when I am right untill I know for certain that to continue is futile.

Noir
03-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Well this is well funny, can i ask exactly what words/phrases were changed?

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Well this is well funny, can i ask exactly what words/phrases were changed?Seek and ye shall find!

Noir
03-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Seek and ye shall find!

Having looked back, this all came about cus he called you some names? :laugh2:

The way you were talking i thought he altered the text in you post, silly hog.

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Having looked back, this all came about cus he called you some names? :laugh2:

The way you were talking i thought he altered the text in you post, silly hog.Go look once more...If you fail to find it again then it is because you don't wish to.

Noir
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Go look once more...If you fail to find it again then it is because you don't wish to.

Well apparently my brain doesn't wish to see it, such is life.

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Well apparently my brain doesn't wish to see it, such is life.You are a typical liberal.

You are not interested in the truth.

You only seek confirmation of what you already believe.

Monkeybone
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
i don't see it other than the name change... i changed it more than he did it looks like in the very beginning Hog.

Nukeman
03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
You are a typical liberal.

You are not interested in the truth.

You only seek confirmation of what you already believe.

AND................. Here we go again with the labeling!!!

Go whine some more to the admin like a PC programmed little bitch, maybe they will take pity on you and ban everyone so you and chessy can have your little circle jerk.......:eek:

just couldn't resist......

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Go whine some more to the admin like a PC programmed little bitch, maybe they will take pity on you and ban everyone so you and chessy can have your little circle jerk.......:eek:I am sure you are much nicer, well mannered and more respectful in person.

chesswarsnow
03-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I see how Hog feels about this, here we have a raving lunatic attacking him for no good reason, tampering with his name sig, and all he; marine gets is a, *stop it*.
2. I think thats showing a certain amount of favoritism.
3. Hog doesn't mind the slam fest at all, but he dislikes when others intentually twist his words, or re-write his words.
4. Hog gets mad, like a Hog should, and I'm sure Hog wants to bend back the fingers of marine, and start with getting those slanderous words attached to his quotes changed.
5. Which I don't think its all that of a big deal or hard for Jimbo to do, and then warn marine, to lay off or feel the ban, he's saying its not allowed, but yup, there it is.
6. But on the other hand, Jimbo may have his reasons, which I can't see what it would be, unless he wants to fight fire with gasoline???:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nukeman
03-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I am sure you are much nicer, well mannered and more respectful in person.

nah not really!!!!!!!!!!!! ask around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chesswarsnow
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

Go whine some more to the admin like a PC programmed little bitch, maybe they will take pity on you and ban everyone so you and chessy can have your little circle jerk.......:eek:

just couldn't resist......

1. Yeah me and Hog are tight.
2. But why would we want you and everyone else banned?
3. It would get real boring here after a while.
4. I think there are more Hog supporters than myself.
5. Hog is greatly respected here, and everywhere he goes.
6. Hey I think we have the *Pivot Man* position still open???:laugh2:

Regards,
SurJamesofTexas

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Regretfully, it seems we have another problem?

I believe Jim's and Kathianne's warnings concerning post altering have been ignored, this time by the courageous Mr Nukeman.

These post alterations are piling up and I respectfully request that they be deleted or returned to their orignal form and content.

Once again, I have no problem with what they say, only with my posts being altered...Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Monkeybone
03-22-2010, 08:05 PM

I believe Jim's and Kathianne's warnings concerning post altering have been ignored, this time by the courageous Mr Nukeman.

These post alterations are piling up and I respectfully request that they be deleted or returned to their orignal form and content.

Once again, I have no problem with what they say, only with my posts being altered...Thank you for your assistance on this matter.what was altered this time?

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
nah not really!!!!!!!!!!!! ask around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It isn't neccessary to ask around.

I would bet your life on it my friend. ;)

HogTrash
03-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Nukeman has altered and credited someone else for my post.

This is getting out of hand Abbey...Something should be done.

I'm asking management to settle this before it goes any further.

Mr. P
03-22-2010, 09:49 PM

And this lil piggy went wee wee wee all the way home. :laugh2:

jimnyc
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Can you see the problems this could cause if we all began the practice of altering everyone elses posts in fits of anger...I'm sure you will agree this would be an administraitive nightmare.

For this reason we should not allow this to take place and to make sure if it does, the violator is not rewarded by leaving the product of their deceit immortalized on the internet for all to see.

I had this same problem on another political forum [that I no longer post at]...The culprit was actually a member of board mangement who was able to alter even my signature and biography at will.

I honestly did not know it was so much trouble to undo this sad example of childish behavior by someone who claims to be a US Marine...Maybe things have changed since my tour of duty.

I admit that I have the capacity to spark anger in others but altering my posts was in bad taste and should not be tolerated...Apparently Marine's hate and anger over-rode his better judgement.

I certainly do not believe in censorship and am the number one proponent of free speech but I also believe each and everyone of us should take credit and responsibility for what we say as well as do.

For someone to attribute their words to someone else is a dangerous practice...If Marine were a better communicator and debater it would not be necessary for him to resort to such cowardly tactics.

I am not against you on this and I have asked politely that the altering of what is quoted once you hit the "quote" button remain the same. But you are making it out to sound as if he altered the context of your posts to make it look like you said something different than what you did. Unless I am missing something, your posts all remain the same but he changed your name in the quote to poke fun at you. While in poor taste, and not what we expect from our regular members, it's not like he changed your post so that you spoke as a liberal instead of a conservative. To expect me to go back end edit every single post is time consuming and over a petty issue between 2 people who obviously dislike one another. I did in fact add a disclaimer to every quote where your name was changed which was much easier than scouring through every post in the thread looking for name changes.

I am not willing at this time to make a rule about what has taken place here. It happens from time to time, but making rules over every little thing that happens will make for a very long list of rules. What if someone changes the color, makes font different sizes, or instead of changing your name within the quoted area just places something like "The following quoted text below is from so and so...". As you can see, if people want to annoy one another, they will. You make a rule against something and they will just find another way to annoy. I expect everyone here to act like adults but am not naive enough to believe we will all always do so. I believe in free speech, less rules and less moderation. Do people take advantage of this sometimes? Absolutely. So what do we do when this happens? I ask people like adults to please refrain from the behavior and we move on. We have the ability to ban users when they become a disruption to the board, but do you really believe someone poking fun at your name is a ban worthy offense? I'll expand on this more as I reply to the rest of the posts I have quoted....

Well than good for you!!!!!! I guess?!?!?!? by the way he altered your NAME, which amounts to him calling YOU a name!!!!! Ahh had to go tell Jimmy to spank them for it!!!! God, get a life, no one really cares what you post or if someone else "alters" it in some way. Its a freaking debate forum!!!!!

That is correct, his name was altered in a way to leave it noticeable to who it was, but to poke fun at him at the same time. I'd need 300 notebooks to make notations of what I have been called over the years, and yes, quite a few of them were where users altered my text to not only change my name, but to also change my quoted text entirely. I still to this day see an occasional poster change someones quoted text and then follow it up with something like "There, I fixed that for you". It's dumb, it's childish and it's stupid - but this is the internet and this is a debate forum where people come to more or less "fight" with one another.

It is not just for me, but for everyone to be secure that their posts will be safe from those who would alter their content and/or meaning...It is sad if you truely do not see the extreme importance of this issue.

I don't believe the meaning of any of your posts or content were altered, unless you can point me to something that I missed. I only saw him change your name a handful of times to poke fun at you.

Well this is well funny, can i ask exactly what words/phrases were changed?

No phrases changed that I am aware of. Look at how I just quoted your post though, and look carefully, and you'll see similarly what was done to Hog.

1. I see how Hog feels about this, here we have a raving lunatic attacking him for no good reason, tampering with his name sig, and all he; marine gets is a, *stop it*.
2. I think thats showing a certain amount of favoritism.

No favoritism at all. You are inferring that I am allowing one to do something that I would not allow another, or one to get punished in a way that another wouldn't. I asked EVERYONE to act like adults and to please refrain from such behavior in the future. My decision not to follow behind everyone and edit posts is a reflection on what I would do with the board as a whole, not on a matter between Hog and Marine.

3. Hog doesn't mind the slam fest at all, but he dislikes when others intentually twist his words, or re-write his words.

No words were twisted or rewritten.

5. Which I don't think its all that of a big deal or hard for Jimbo to do, and then warn marine, to lay off or feel the ban, he's saying its not allowed, but yup, there it is.
6. But on the other hand, Jimbo may have his reasons, which I can't see what it would be, unless he wants to fight fire with gasoline???:eek:

Because if I intervene with such a petty issue once then I am responsible for editing every single post in the future if it happens or be accused of being biased. I would rather place the responsibility on the adults posting here who have the opportunity to correct their behavior or place other members on their ignore list. Do you think it would be wise to start making rules every time someone gets offended over issues that don't effect the community as a whole? I think it's best to let the adults act like adults and let the community decide how they want to deal with those who get involved in childish activities. If I start making rules and banning people for such offenses, then people leave the board and claim I am not allowing them free speech and that our staff team is the gestapo.

Once again, I have no problem with what they say, only with my posts being altered...Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

If it really bothers you that much, when I am done with this reply I am going back to the beginning of this thread and changing your name back in each quoted post. Give me a few minutes to complete it. BUT, I am not going to make a new rule over something like this and staff cannot be expected to follow every thread on the board to ensure people don't want to call one another names.

I am going to fix the quotes. But again, you know the context of your posts have not been changed and it's solely them poking fun at your username. Nonetheless, I am off to change them. But what is going to happen if someone does what I am placing below as an example?

Hogwash wrote the post below:

I still think they would be poking fun at your username, only they wouldn't be touching what is actually between the quote functions. That's what I mean when I say if you make a rule, it will be circumvented within a few posts.

chesswarsnow
03-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

And this lil piggy went wee wee wee all the way home. :laugh2:

1. Now here is a very mature person.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah I see your point Jimbo.
2. I get attacked by my lessers over my iconic *CHESSWARSNOW*
3. I get it, but I don't think its right when they do it.
4. I get Cheesy alot, which is not respectful.
5. I guess I dish out my fair share of disrepectfulness here and other places in the past too.
6. So it all evens out sooner or later.
7. But I remember a time here when a couple three posters were very abusive, and unchecked, I had to move on at that time, just came back to see it was still going on, it wasn't so I have joined in again to the madness.:laugh2:
8. HT has been very respectfull on the most part , but he can say things that ruffle feathers too, he knows it.
9. Thanks for editing the posts, thats *First Class* moderation.
10. Otherwise it could be a tit for tat real fast.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now here is a very mature person.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yeah, Bigfoot an all. :poke: :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

Yeah, Bigfoot an all. :poke: :laugh2:

1. *You and me gonna have to throw down now old man?* :laugh2:
2. Desrepect me, but you had better stay off my *Sasquatch*:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
03-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. *You and me gonna have to throw down now old man?* :laugh2:
2. Desrepect me, but you had better stay off my *Sasquatch*:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. *You and me gonna have to throw down now old man?*

:boom2: Cheesy.

What did you bring to the fight?

NEVER F'k with an ole guy. :laugh2:

HogTrash
03-23-2010, 04:49 AM
I am not against you on this and I have asked politely that the altering of what is quoted once you hit the "quote" button remain the same. But you are making it out to sound as if he altered the context of your posts to make it look like you said something different than what you did. Unless I am missing something, your posts all remain the same but he changed your name in the quote to poke fun at you. While in poor taste, and not what we expect from our regular members, it's not like he changed your post so that you spoke as a liberal instead of a conservative. To expect me to go back end edit every single post is time consuming and over a petty issue between 2 people who obviously dislike one another. I did in fact add a disclaimer to every quote where your name was changed which was much easier than scouring through every post in the thread looking for name changes.

I am not willing at this time to make a rule about what has taken place here. It happens from time to time, but making rules over every little thing that happens will make for a very long list of rules. What if someone changes the color, makes font different sizes, or instead of changing your name within the quoted area just places something like "The following quoted text below is from so and so...". As you can see, if people want to annoy one another, they will. You make a rule against something and they will just find another way to annoy. I expect everyone here to act like adults but am not naive enough to believe we will all always do so. I believe in free speech, less rules and less moderation. Do people take advantage of this sometimes? Absolutely. So what do we do when this happens? I ask people like adults to please refrain from the behavior and we move on. We have the ability to ban users when they become a disruption to the board, but do you really believe someone poking fun at your name is a ban worthy offense? I'll expand on this more as I reply to the rest of the posts I have quoted....

That is correct, his name was altered in a way to leave it noticeable to who it was, but to poke fun at him at the same time. I'd need 300 notebooks to make notations of what I have been called over the years, and yes, quite a few of them were where users altered my text to not only change my name, but to also change my quoted text entirely. I still to this day see an occasional poster change someones quoted text and then follow it up with something like "There, I fixed that for you". It's dumb, it's childish and it's stupid - but this is the internet and this is a debate forum where people come to more or less "fight" with one another.

I don't believe the meaning of any of your posts or content were altered, unless you can point me to something that I missed. I only saw him change your name a handful of times to poke fun at you.

No phrases changed that I am aware of. Look at how I just quoted your post though, and look carefully, and you'll see similarly what was done to Hog.

No favoritism at all. You are inferring that I am allowing one to do something that I would not allow another, or one to get punished in a way that another wouldn't. I asked EVERYONE to act like adults and to please refrain from such behavior in the future. My decision not to follow behind everyone and edit posts is a reflection on what I would do with the board as a whole, not on a matter between Hog and Marine.

No words were twisted or rewritten.

Because if I intervene with such a petty issue once then I am responsible for editing every single post in the future if it happens or be accused of being biased. I would rather place the responsibility on the adults posting here who have the opportunity to correct their behavior or place other members on their ignore list. Do you think it would be wise to start making rules every time someone gets offended over issues that don't effect the community as a whole? I think it's best to let the adults act like adults and let the community decide how they want to deal with those who get involved in childish activities. If I start making rules and banning people for such offenses, then people leave the board and claim I am not allowing them free speech and that our staff team is the gestapo.

If it really bothers you that much, when I am done with this reply I am going back to the beginning of this thread and changing your name back in each quoted post. Give me a few minutes to complete it. BUT, I am not going to make a new rule over something like this and staff cannot be expected to follow every thread on the board to ensure people don't want to call one another names.

I am going to fix the quotes. But again, you know the context of your posts have not been changed and it's solely them poking fun at your username. Nonetheless, I am off to change them. But what is going to happen if someone does what I am placing below as an example?

Hogwash wrote the post below:

I still think they would be poking fun at your username, only they wouldn't be touching what is actually between the quote functions. That's what I mean when I say if you make a rule, it will be circumvented within a few posts.Jim, most of what you wrote above was unecessary because it does not apply to me or this situation.

It was the others who got angry and elevated this to 'enemy status'...To me this is simply discussion and I rarely get angry and this certainly was not one of those times.

Here are two very good points to consider Jim:

[1] Altering someone elses post to change the meaning should be strictly forbidden for obvious reasons.

If we all bounced around the board altering each others posts it would be chaos and eventually we would all unplug our keyboard and go to the bar to discuss politics.
[and that's when the real fight started]

And for the most part, there is no personal contact on a discussion forum and our posts are all we have to identify who and what we are.

Our words are what others see and judge us by...They are the worlds window to our soul...The only window!

[2] A poster's nick identifies who created a post...To change the nick takes credit away from the creator of that post.

If the authors nick has been altered, a visitor to the board may be confused about who actually wrote it.

Hogwash wrote the post below:This is very acceptable and how it should have been done by the original poster to begin with...Don't you agree?

I am not overly sensitive and am immune to names and insults and have never complained on any forum about any issue other than altering posts.

If others only knew how ignorant they appear when they call me foolish names and make silly insults, they would die of embarrassment.

I rarely resort to name-calling and if I do it's nothing more than an occassional, "cupcake", "rambo", "einstein" or "moron"

I would have no problem if there was but one rule:

No one may alter the post of another in any way that will change it's meaning or confuse who the original author of a post is.

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with 'no holds barred and all is fair in love and war'.

I can take care of myself...The only thing I can't do is un-alter my posts. :thumb:

Nukeman
03-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Jim, most of what you wrote above was unecessary because it does not apply to me or this situation.

It was the others who got angry and elevated this to 'enemy status'...To me this is simply discussion and I rarely get angry and this certainly was not one of those times.

Here are two very good points to consider Jim:

[1] Altering someone elses post to change the meaning should be strictly forbidden for obvious reasons.

If we all bounced around the board altering each others posts it would be chaos and eventually we would all unplug our keyboard and go to the bar to discuss politics.
[and that's when the real fight started]

And for the most part, there is no personal contact on a discussion forum and our posts are all we have to identify who and what we are.

Our words are what others see and judge us by...They are the worlds window to our soul...The only window!

[2] A poster's nick identifies who created a post...To change the nick takes credit away from the creator of that post.

If the authors nick has been altered, a visitor to the board may be confused about who actually wrote it.

This is very acceptable and how it should have been done by the original poster to begin with...Don't you agree?

I am not overly sensitive and am immune to names and insults and have never complained on any forum about any issue other than altering posts.

If others only knew how ignorant they appear when they call me foolish names and make silly insults, they would die of embarrassment.

I rarely resort to name-calling and if I do it's nothing more than an occassional, "cupcake", "rambo", "einstein" or "moron"

I would have no problem if there was but one rule:

No one may alter the post of another in any way that will change it's meaning or confuse who the original author of a post is.

Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with 'no holds barred and all is fair in love and war'.

I can take care of myself...The only thing I can't do is un-alter my posts. :thumb:

BLAH...BLAH....BLAH... My God man LET IT GO!!!!!! YOU are such a whiner it isn't even funny any more.

Jim explained his position. If you want to make demands of the board owner or make YOUR changes than buy a damn board and make your own f***ing rules otherwise quite being a baby and move on.

Your freaking name was changed NOT YOUR POST OR THE CONTENT THERE IN..... F***ing moron!!!!!!!!!!!:poke:

Jeff
03-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Can't we all just get along :laugh2::laugh2:

chesswarsnow
03-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. *You and me gonna have to throw down now old man?*

:boom2: Cheesy.

What did you bring to the fight?

NEVER F'k with an ole guy. :laugh2:

1. So you one of them dem old redneck homeless bus riders eh, looking for a shoe shine so you can go bury yo mamma?:laugh2:
2. Now listen good, turn up dem hearing aids if you got em.
3. I will bring it in such a fury, you will false teeth will be coughed out into the floor.
4. And we don't want that now do we?:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

HogTrash
03-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Political Correctness destroys original thought, common sense and the ability to think for yourself and leaves one with no other recourse but, 'attack the messenger!'Since this thread got so badly sidetracked I will "bump" the header up in case anyone has forgotten what it was about.

:salute: