PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 of welfare payments go to illegals

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
This report just isn't complete without the usual chorus of leftist hysterics shouting how racist it all is. :poke:

---------------------------------

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_14646604

Report: One-fourth of welfare payments go to illegals

From wire service reports
Posted: 03/10/2010 07:08:55 AM PST

Nearly one-quarter of state welfare payments and food stamps issued in Los Angeles County go to children whose parents are in the U.S. illegally, according to January figures released today.

Supervisor Mike Antonovich offered the statistics, generated by the county's Department of Public Social Services, to help make the case for enforcing the nation's borders, establishing health care clinics on the border with Mexico and reimbursing local governments for unfunded state and federal mandates, according to his press deputy, Tony Bell.

The numbers show that more than $50 million in CalWORKS benefits and food stamps for January went to children born in the United States whose parents are in the country without documentation. This represents approximately 23 percent of the total benefits under the state welfare and food stamp programs, Antonovich said.

"When you add this to $350 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for health care, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year -- not including the millions of dollars for education," Antonovich said.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Jeff
03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
This report just isn't complete without the usual chorus of leftist hysterics shouting how racist it all is. :poke:

---------------------------------

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_14646604

Report: One-fourth of welfare payments go to illegals

From wire service reports
Posted: 03/10/2010 07:08:55 AM PST

Nearly one-quarter of state welfare payments and food stamps issued in Los Angeles County go to children whose parents are in the U.S. illegally, according to January figures released today.

Supervisor Mike Antonovich offered the statistics, generated by the county's Department of Public Social Services, to help make the case for enforcing the nation's borders, establishing health care clinics on the border with Mexico and reimbursing local governments for unfunded state and federal mandates, according to his press deputy, Tony Bell.

The numbers show that more than $50 million in CalWORKS benefits and food stamps for January went to children born in the United States whose parents are in the country without documentation. This represents approximately 23 percent of the total benefits under the state welfare and food stamp programs, Antonovich said.

"When you add this to $350 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for health care, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year -- not including the millions of dollars for education," Antonovich said.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

And 1/2 go to people who are to lazy to work and want the gov. to wipe there asses, The people I see collecting Disability on bogus claims , young men and woman collecting all types of Gov. assistance cause they don't want to work,

Well Move to America were you can be a bum and the Gov. will take care of you

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
my cousins don't marry the men they've lived with for years so they can get a government check for their kids. It's a nice racket but those are the rules and I don't blame them for supporting their kids in this way.

chesswarsnow
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. A liberal would think that way!,....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trigg
03-16-2010, 08:11 PM
my cousins don't marry the men they've lived with for years so they can get a government check for their kids. It's a nice racket but those are the rules and I don't blame them for supporting their kids in this way.

You don't blame them?????

Maybe when your out of college and YOUR tax money is paying for them to sit around having kids out of wedlock and lying to the gov. maybe then you'll care.

Why should MY tax money go towards paying for YOUR cousins to defraud the gov? TELL THEM TO GET A JOB AND GET MARRIED.

This is illegal for them to do, here's hoping they get caught and have to repay all of us hardworking tax payers

Jeff
03-16-2010, 08:26 PM

I also have in laws that live this way, I have a name for them, they are niggers, worthless lazy ass people, and they are as white as can be

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
they work and one is getting her masters degree and working. Niggers, really, how quaint.

Trigg
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
they work and one is getting her masters degree and working. Niggers, really, how quaint.

It's fraud.

If they're living with the childrens fathers and LYING to the gov. in order to get benefits they are guilty of fraud and CAN BE PROSECUTED.

So they working, big freaking deal. IT IS FRAUD AND IF I KNEW THEM I'D TURN THEM IN.

Jeff
03-16-2010, 08:42 PM

I call it how it is, and if they work why would they be collecting? If they work and lay down with some loser why the hell should I raise there kid ? If the guy they laid down with isn't a loser then he ought to pay to support them, not me nor any other tax payer

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
It's fraud.

If they're living with the childrens fathers and LYING to the gov. in order to get benefits they are guilty of fraud and CAN BE PROSECUTED.

So they working, big freaking deal. IT IS FRAUD AND IF I KNEW THEM I'D TURN THEM IN.
not lying, they put they were living with another adult on their taxes, still get the bennies.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I call it how it is, and if they work why would they be collecting? If they work and lay down with some loser why the hell should I raise there kid ? If the guy they laid down with isn't a loser then he ought to pay to support them, not me nor any other tax payer

he is paying, they plan to get married when the kids are older. Good man actually.

Trigg
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
not lying, they put they were living with another adult on their taxes, still get the bennies.

Read slowly, if they are telling the gov. that the fathers aren't contrubuting to the childrens care, when they actually are. THEY ARE DEFRAUDING THE GOVERNMENT. That is illegal and if caught they could be prosecuted.

Living with another adult is different from living with the father of your children.

If these were "good people" they wouldn't be depending on others to raise and pay for their children. They would get married and get off the government tit. Again, when you grow up, and actually start paying taxes, maybe your attitude will change toward deadbeats that live off of YOUR taxes.

Jeff
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
he is paying, they plan to get married when the kids are older. Good man actually.

LB I like you but your cousin is a nigger, sure enough, I am sure that will piss ya off, but hell you are a smart woman, why should they work and collect our taxes? It is called Fraud, and to be honest if they are that dis honest they need to be in jail and let some respectable parents raise the kid

AllieBaba
03-16-2010, 09:17 PM
It's not fraud. Most of my clients work and get food stamp and medical benefits. They report their income, and they still qualify.

I qualified the kids in one family today, a family of 5 (3 kids) who bring in well over $3000 a month. I had verification of all their income, both parents work full time and mom receives child support for all three of her kids.

They don't make enough to buy health insurance for the two kids who aren't covered (one is covered by her dad's insurance) and they qualify for medical coverage.

They would qualify for food stamps, too, but choose not to apply for that.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
my cousins don't marry the men they've lived with for years so they can get a government check for their kids. It's a nice racket but those are the rules and I don't blame them for supporting their kids in this way.They call those women "welfare queens" and the men who live with them are "slugs".

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you met your friends at the local Welfare Office, your majesty.

Jeff
03-16-2010, 09:33 PM
It's not fraud. Most of my clients work and get food stamp and medical benefits. They report their income, and they still qualify.

I qualified the kids in one family today, a family of 5 (3 kids) who bring in well over $3000 a month. I had verification of all their income, both parents work full time and mom receives child support for all three of her kids.

They don't make enough to buy health insurance for the two kids who aren't covered (one is covered by her dad's insurance) and they qualify for medical coverage.

They would qualify for food stamps, too, but choose not to apply for that.

I understand what you are saying, my wife handles wick in county we live in, and yes there are some that do work and qualify I am sure, I don't agree with a family of 5 bringing in 3 grand a month collecting, that is JMO , with this kind of info the Gov. could go broke real quick, sorry but if ya bring in 3 grand a month and don't live above your means you can survive

But putting inaccurate info on a app to obtain benefits is fraud

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
who said they did, you frankly do not know. They don't make 3 grand a month I can tell you that.

Jeff
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
who said they did, you frankly do not know. They don't make 3 grand a month I can tell you that.

I never said THEY make 3 grand a month and I also never said They were a family of 5

And you said they put they were living with another adult on their taxes