PDA

View Full Version : 5th state exempts its guns from Federal regulation

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Federal efforts to unconstitutionally restrict firearms are becoming sillier and sillier as officials bend over backward to pretend they are merely "regulating interstate commerce". They have long decided to ignore the fact that the 2nd amendment supersedes the "commerce clause", and pretend there is ANY Federal authority to regulate firearms at all.

More and more states have had enough of it. This could have the additional benefit of spawning more gun manufacturers in the various states, so that state citizens can buy guns made in their state that were never involved in interstate commerce.

-------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=128035

5th state exempts guns. Is Washington noticing?
'I think they're going to let it ride, hoping some judge throws out case'

Posted: March 15, 2010
9:11 pm Eastern

by Bob Unruh

A fifth state – South Dakota – has decided that guns made, sold and used within its borders no longer are subject to the whims of the federal government through its rule-making arm in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and two supporters of the growing groundswell say they hope Washington soon will be taking note.

South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds has signed into law his state's version of a Firearms Freedom Act that first was launched in Montana. It already is law there, in Tennessee, Utah and Wyoming, which took the unusual step of specifying criminal penalties – including both fines and jail time – for federal agents attempting to enforce a federal law on a "personal firearm" in the Cowboy State.

According to a report in the Dakota Voice, the new South Dakota law addresses the "rights of states which have been carelessly trampled by the federal government for decades."

South Dakota's law specifically notes "any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in South Dakota and that remains within the borders of South Dakota is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce."

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

CSM
03-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes!!!!!

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
fed trumps state, these states are going to get slapped down eventually.

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
fed trumps state,

Right.

Especially the Federal law that says that Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary individuals to own and carry guns and other such weapons, cannot be taken away or restricted.

That one even trumps other Federal laws... unfortunately for the gun-rights-haters.

CSM
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM

Feds only trump states when they are utilizing powers bestowed on the Fed by the Constitution...

Of course, the Constitution doesn't mean much to the anti-gun crusaders or the current administration and Congress for that matter.

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 12:13 PM
WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Press 1 for English. Press 2 to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

I love it....!

glockmail
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
fed trumps state, these states are going to get slapped down eventually.No:

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively,
or to the people.

CSM
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
No:

Amendment X

or to the people.

Heck, that's just an inconvenient truth!

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
No:

Amendment X

or to the people.

I guess ya didn't know that FDR packed the Supreme Court with tyrants in black robes with a specific agreement to ignore this little ditty, eh?

Dim wit Democrats and wobbly Republicans have ignored that amendment to the so called "livin' breathin' " foundational document since that time, thanks ta FDR. :rolleyes: It is the primary reason we have the financial mess we now have.

Do ya see in the plain language where Nanny Gubment can force American's ta buy Nanny State designed health insurance in said "livin' breathin' " Cornstitution?

Do ya really think a Chicago thug, (a Cornstitutional Lawyer no less), intent of taking power really cares what the Cornstitution says? Grrrrrrrrrr

As balerina boy Rahm says: "never let a crisis go to waste"!!

Respectfully, JR

glockmail
03-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I guess ya didn't know that FDR packed the Supreme Court with tyrants in black robes with a specific agreement to ignore this little ditty, eh?... You guessed wrong.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=193474&postcount=1

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
You guessed wrong.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=193474&postcount=1

Will then I would not be soooooo sure this crew from the windy city with Nasty Nancy and Horrible Harry will respect anything in the Cornstitution.

Best ta stockpile what ya wanna have and not talk about it.

Here in God's Country gun shows are a good way to acquire reasonably priced fire power.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
hillbillies with their guns, ya'll wont be any match to the firpower of the US army boy.

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
hillbillies with their guns, ya'll wont be any match to the firpower of the US army boy.

Why would I ever mess with the US Army?

All I need to do is keep the nasties away from my island if society blows up from the policies of yer favorite POTUS that is runnin' us directly into the terlet.

I don't break laws, and you can't read me mind, (even a simple mind with only one functional brain cell). JR

Little-Acorn
03-16-2010, 01:58 PM

The classic leftist reply in the final analysis.

"If you don't 'volunteer' to do what we think is best, we'll kill you."

And they wonder why they're losing support.

glockmail
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
hillbillies with their guns, ya'll wont be any match to the firpower of the US army boy. LOL We vastly outnumber them, and you don't have the stomach to fight against us.

SassyLady
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM

You are sooooooooo out of the loop LN. Who do you think is stocking up on guns and ammo........besides the hillbillies of course?

Gaffer
03-16-2010, 03:25 PM
The army is made up of citizens of this country. They have sworn to protect and serve the Constitution. Not individual political leaders. Attempting to use the military to in any way subdue citizens of this country is illegal and the military would refuse to act on such orders.

Does LN really think the people of this country could not stand up to any military. There are many veterans among those "hillbillies" who were trained in the military and know how it works. Not to mention the majority of the military are conservatives with conservative families.

when the fighting starts it will be the left wing nut jobs verses everybody else.

SassyLady
03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
The army is made up of citizens of this country. They have sworn to protect and serve the Constitution. Not individual political leaders. Attempting to use the military to in any way subdue citizens of this country is illegal and the military would refuse to act on such orders.

Does LN really think the people of this country could not stand up to any military. There are many veterans among those "hillbillies" who were trained in the military and know how it works. Not to mention the majority of the military are conservatives with conservative families.

when the fighting starts it will be the left wing nut jobs verses everybody else.

I don't think LiberalNation understands anything about the military and what they think about citizen's right to have guns. :slap:

Gaffer
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't think LiberalNation understands anything about the military and what they think about citizen's right to have guns. :slap:

I'm sure she doesn't. And she has always been disrespectful of the military in the past, but seems to think they will step in if things go bad for the liberal in power. Insult me and then expect me to defend your ass, think again LN.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 03:38 PM
soldiers will do as ordered. My cousin is a soldier himself.

SassyLady
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
soldiers will do as ordered. My cousin is a soldier himself.

No they won't.....they will do what is right.......well, maybe not your cousin if he's anything like you.

My husband, brother, father-in-law are all military.......with over 80 years of experience among them. Most of our friends are military..........and we are all stocking up on guns and ammo because we don't like the direction this country is heading in.

DragonStryk72
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM

Constitution amendments 2 and 10 trump Fed.

HogTrash
03-16-2010, 05:15 PM
fed trumps state, these states are going to get slapped down eventually.Do you believe that federal law should take precedence over state and local law?

Do you believe that only the military and agents of government should be armed?

Gaffer
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
A soldier has a right and responsibility to refuse an order he feels is illegal. Using the military against American citizens is an illegal act.

LiberalNation
03-16-2010, 07:47 PM
happened during vietnam at college campuses and guess what, the soldiers fired on civilians as ordered without a moments hesitation.

Trigg
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM

South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah..........hillbillies???????

Nope, hardworking people. You seem to want to lump everyone as uneducated, it isn't going to work.

Nukeman
03-17-2010, 06:41 AM
happened during vietnam at college campuses and guess what, the soldiers fired on civilians as ordered without a moments hesitation.

One incedent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have any more..... How about shooting at looters in time of emergency!!!! NOPE........

Gaffer
03-17-2010, 07:24 AM
One incedent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have any more..... How about shooting at looters in time of emergency!!!! NOPE........

Kent State was the National Guard called up by the Governor. And the national guard of those days was not the guard we see today. As usual LN gets her history wrong.

CSM
03-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Kent State was the National Guard called up by the Governor. And the national guard of those days was not the guard we see today. As usual LN gets her history wrong.

LN is the typical lib: young, immature, living on the largess of someone else and too darned lazy to get facts.