PDA

View Full Version : White House - Don't Expect Job Growth This Year

red states rule
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
So after a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill, various "jobs bills", and massive other pork projects - we are told no job growth?

What happened to Obama focusing on jobs like a laser?

.S. employers won’t hire enough workers this year to lower the jobless rate much below the level of 9.7 percent reached in February, three Obama administration economic officials said today.

The proportion of Americans who can’t find work is likely to “remain elevated for an extended period,” Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner, White House budget director Peter Orszag and Christina Romer, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, said in a joint statement. The officials said unemployment may even rise “slightly” over the next few months as discouraged workers start job-hunting again.

“We do not expect further declines in unemployment this year,” the officials said in testimony prepared for the House Appropriations Committee. They predicted the economy would add about 100,000 jobs a month on average -- not enough to bring the jobless rate down substantially.

Today’s projections are in line with the 10 percent average unemployment forecast for this year in last month’s budget plan. Christopher Rupkey, chief financial economist at Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in New York, said the administration’s language risks damping expectations for a recovery.

“They need to work on the message, and right now the message is that there is not a lot to be hopeful about,” Rupkey said. “Warning about a slow jobless recovery can help make it a reality.”

http://www.thefoxnation.com/business/2010/03/16/wh-dont-expect-job-growth-year

Mr. P
03-16-2010, 11:12 PM
So after a trillion dollar "stimulus" bill, various "jobs bills", and massive other pork projects - we are told no job growth?

What happened to Obama focusing on jobs like a laser?

There hasn't been a focus on Jobs and I think most of the dimwits are now aware of that.

I still don't think this is going through...but IF it does, will one of you supporters tell me how people will be able to pay their MANDATORY PREMIUM or FINE, WITHOUT A JOB?

KarlMarx
03-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Wow, what a surprise. The merry band of geniuses from Chicago don't have a clue.... how about that. Of course, it doesn't take a genius like the Jackass in Chief to figure it out. So, I'll do it for that freaking hyena...

Economies need money like a car needs gasoline to run. The banks aren't giving out any money, so we need to do it ourselves....

Instead of a 700 billion dollar stimulus plan which targets narrow sectors of the economy, pass a tax rate cut across the board. Forget the class struggle lingo, we need jobs... pronto.

Also, a cut in the capital gains tax would be nice (and necessary)....

What about the deficits that would occur under such a plan? Here's where mentally challenged liberals raised on class warfare rhetoric will have a hard time understanding... the rest of you.. bear with me...

When you reduce the rate at which things are taxed, you get more revenue from that activity... and history has proven this time and time again. Under a tax rate cut, revenues to the treasury will increase... I like to think of it as a sale... when a department store puts an item on sale... what happens? People buy more of it! Do stores have sales to lose money??? No! They have sales to make money... likewise, the government should put economic activities, e.g. investment, "on sale"...

It's that simple, folks! Even a first grader can understand it... unfortunately, we are dealing with liberals who are so wedded to class struggle rhetoric that they can't see it...

True.. government must rein in spending... but the big three items in the federal budget are... Social Security, Medicare, and Defense, in that order... something must be done about Social Security and Medicare... we are going to go broke if we don't. Defense is necessary, and I don't see how we can cut that when we are waging two wars without endangering national security.... maybe I'm wrong.

red states rule
03-17-2010, 05:26 AM
So far the first 14 months of Obama has been more like death by a thousand cuts

CSM
03-17-2010, 05:28 AM
I guess "shovel ready" meant something other than what I thought it would be. I now see that "shovel ready" did not mean putting folks to work right away. I now know that "shovel ready" meant "There's gonna be a lot of horse pucky so get yer shovel ready!".

Lets face it, the stimulus bill, bailouts, and now healthcare are designed to do one thing and one thng only ....create more victims (which are seen as voters) and keep the politicians in office. Our elected officials no longer have the best interest of this country and its citizens at heart; they are only interested in power.

red states rule
03-17-2010, 05:33 AM
I guess "shovel ready" meant something other than what I thought it would be. I now see that "shovel ready" did not mean putting folks to work right away. I now know that "shovel ready" meant "There's gonna be a lot of horse pucky so get yer shovel ready!".

Lets face it, the stimulus bill, bailouts, and now healthcare are designed to do one thing and one thng only ....create more victims (which are seen as voters) and keep the politicians in office. Our elected officials no longer have the best interest of this country and its citizens at heart; they are only interested in power.

So far all the "stimulus" spending has been designed to pay off political supporters, unions, and those who sit home and make their living off the government

How is extending unemployment benefits over and over again going to get people back to work?

Obama has helped keep government workers on the job, and the only sector with job groth is - yes- the government

And yes, more tax money will be needed to feed the ever growing pig thanks to the Hope And Change Kid