PDA

View Full Version : "conseravtives" Would you vote for...

revelarts
03-17-2010, 09:28 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DQ9PfUhb-gU/Se8Rwf2WPxI/AAAAAAAAA3A/rEq10qdGhek/s320/alan+keyes.jpg

"conseravtives" Would you vote for... a republican candidate like Alan Keyes (if you thought he could win) over um any Moderate Democrat?

I post this obviously because there's so much talk here about black white, what is prejudice etc. But When the rubber meets the road.

Does race trump politics for you?

red states rule
03-17-2010, 09:34 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DQ9PfUhb-gU/Se8Rwf2WPxI/AAAAAAAAA3A/rEq10qdGhek/s320/alan+keyes.jpg

"conseravtives" Would you vote for... a republican candidate like Alan Keyes (if you thought he could win) over um any Moderate Democrat?

I post this obviously because there's so much talk here about black white, what is prejudice etc. But When the rubber meets the road.

I would. Race is never an issue with me - the core beliefs and principals of the candidate do

However with liberals, RACE trumps politics

'Party trumps race' for Steele foes

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.

Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.

Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.

But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."

"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.

"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy."

Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.

"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."

During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/nov/01/20051101-104932-4054r/

Monkeybone
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM

depends on the person. If he was an average Repub, then no. If he was a true one, then yes.

I remember during the election adn they were doing interviews, a self proclaimed black repub said he was voting for Obama just to see a black president. Well isn't that special.

Nukeman
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I like Alan Keyes!! He spoke at our tea party rally in Fort Wayne last year. Good Man, and pretty level headed. Like others have said, race is more an issue with the liberal bunch!!!!

BoogyMan
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
What does the guy's skin color have to do with anything? Keyes would get my vote because of his ideas, not his skin color.

Egads I hate race baiting.....

Binky
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Personally, I'd vote for King Kong if his politics were able to help the country rather than impede it.....Color and/or gender means nothing to me, but who he/or she is as a person and what they stand for does. Looking beyond the politics and into the life of that person plays a huge role in speaking out who he/or she is.....

Noir
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
The only people that would vote against him for over anything would be folks like hogtrash.

PostmodernProphet
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM

???...I'm confused....I would vote for Keyes over a moderate democrat even if I thought he wouldn't win......

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes I would vote for him, but only after close scrutiny of my other options.

Unlike many politicians, Keyes seems to be politicaly passionate and down right angry about our situation.

I can relate to that.

darin
03-17-2010, 02:10 PM
the premise of the question is bullshit.

Shadow
03-17-2010, 02:16 PM
???...I'm confused....I would vote for Keyes over a moderate democrat even if I thought he wouldn't win......

Me too!

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Personally, I'd vote for King Kong if his politics were able to help the country rather than impede it.....Color and/or gender means nothing to me, but who he/or she is as a person and what they stand for does. Looking beyond the politics and into the life of that person plays a huge role in speaking out who he/or she is.....LOL!...God, I love ya Binky and I'm with ya girlfriend..."King Kong" for President! :clap:

PostmodernProphet
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
oh, I get it now....this thread is about race......how about JC Watts....I've always liked him....

and there was a black state senator who spoke at a Tea Party, I think maybe from Arizona.....he was good....

Binky
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
LOL!...God, I love ya Binky and I'm with ya girlfriend..."King Kong" for President! :clap:

I wasn't tryin' to be funny Hog, but rather stating a point..... Anyway, glad you had a good laugh.....You know me well enough to know I love trying to make someone laugh tho'......:coffee: :laugh2:

Kathianne
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
oh, I get it now....this thread is about race......how about JC Watts....I've always liked him....-

I wouldn't vote for Alan Keyes, he's more a gadfly than Ross Perot was. JC Watts? Yep.

I like what I've heard from Claude Allen. Problem is he isn't running for office that I've heard about. There are a lot of black conservatives in think tanks, just haven't run for office, yet.

PostmodernProphet
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I thought Keyes to be highly intelligent and articulate.....It was a mistake for him to carpetbag it against Obama in Illinois.....nobody paid attention to him and he had to try extreme measures to get attention.....that hurt his cause.....

Kathianne
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
I thought Keyes to be highly intelligent and articulate.....It was a mistake for him to carpetbag it against Obama in Illinois.....nobody paid attention to him and he had to try extreme measures to get attention.....that hurt his cause.....

As you know, I'm from Illinois, that was unforgivable.

Binky
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't vote for Alan Keyes, he's more a gadfly than Ross Perot was. JC Watts? Yep.

I like what I've heard from Claude Allen. Problem is he isn't running for office that I've heard about. There are a lot of black conservatives in think tanks, just haven't run for office, yet.

At the risk of looking like an idiot, (heaven only knows I would NEVER do anything to put myself in such a light), LOL, what do you mean by "gadfly"?

Kathianne
03-17-2010, 04:25 PM
At the risk of looking like an idiot, (heaven only knows I would NEVER do anything to put myself in such a light), LOL, what do you mean by "gadfly"?

Flits from here to there, just causing disruption. PMP is right, he's smart enough, just too much of an attention hog. Doesn't stay with anything long enough to master.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I wasn't tryin' to be funny Hog, but rather stating a point..... Anyway, glad you had a good laugh.....You know me well enough to know I love trying to make someone laugh tho'......:coffee: :laugh2:I am very aware of that Binky and even though I seriously agree with you I still got a good laugh out of it. :salute:

hjmick
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Is this another one of those "conservatives are racists" threads? Christ Almighty.

I couldn't care less about a candidate's skin color or sexual orientation or religion, or political party for that matter. If I believe you represent my beliefs, or at least a good many of them, you get my vote.

I consider myself a moderate conservative and have cast votes for members of damn near every party.

Binky
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Flits from here to there, just causing disruption. PMP is right, he's smart enough, just too much of an attention hog. Doesn't stay with anything long enough to master.

Ok, that's about what I thought you meant. I had a notion of a "gad-about", which is almost the same thing, but doesn't cause the havoc but is only on the move all the time from one destination to another and never sitting in one spot for very long.

Binky
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I am very aware of that Binky and even though I seriously agree with you I still got a good laugh out of it. :salute:

So we are in accordance then.....:eek: :laugh2::laugh2:

OldMercsRule
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Agreed: Keyes is very smart and very articulate.

That said: he is very angry as well and has never even come close to winning any election he has run for, (a perennial candidate for any public office he can find an angle on), and his results are getting worse.

Results of previous one on one corntests: Maryland 1988: 38% (against Sarbanes), 1992: 29% (against Milkulski) and was Obamaprompter lucky to draw him in 2004: 27%

I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher, and it has nothing to do with race or gender.

Me overpriced $.02 JR

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought Ross Perot was an intelligent and patriotic man who because of his immense wealth could not be bought off and earned my respect and my vote in 1992.

If Perot had won I believe it would have changed people's perception of American politics and broke the deathgrip the DemoPublicans have on our corrupt political system.

Instead the ever-gullible American voters listened to and believed the main stream media who made fun of the funny little man with the funny little voice and elected Slick Willy.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I am a registered Independent and considered to be a moderate conservative.

I would vote for a Black Democratic Woman if I thought she had what it takes to get this country back on track.

The point is that I vote for those who represent my values and ideals, not based on their color, sex or party.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
I am a registered Independent and considered to be a moderate conservative.

I would vote for a Black Democratic Woman if I thought she had what it takes to get this country back on track.

The point is that I vote for those who represent my values and ideals, not based on their color, sex or party.

Likewise, I'm an Independent who leans left who cast a ballot for President Obama, and I AM voting for a Republican for governor.

As for Alan Keyes though, if I were conservative Republican who wanted someone like me to get elected, I wouldn't look for that in Alan Keyes. It's not that I don't think he's a conservative, it's just that wherever he runs, a Democrat wins.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Likewise, I'm an Independent who leans left who cast a ballot for President Obama, and I AM voting for a Republican for governor.

As for Alan Keyes though, if I were conservative Republican who wanted someone like me to get elected, I wouldn't look for that in Alan Keyes. It's not that I don't think he's a conservative, it's just that wherever he runs, a Democrat wins.

Well, I didn't vote for Obama because I couldn't see that he supported my values or that he would do what was best for this country.

Wasn't crazy about McCain either, but felt he, at least, wouldn't destroy the nation.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Well, I didn't vote for Obama because I couldn't see that he supported my values or that he would do what was best for this country.

Wasn't crazy about McCain either, but felt he, at least, wouldn't destroy the nation.

I didn't believe either candidate would destroy the country, I like John McCain, that's just hyperbolic empty rhetoric whenever either said says it.

All I'm saying is no party is entitled to my vote.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
I didn't believe either candidate would destroy the country, I like John McCain, that's just hyperbolic empty rhetoric whenever either said says it.

All I'm saying is no party is entitled to my vote.

I agree ... no party is entitled to anyone's vote.

red states rule
03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I agree ... no party is entitled to anyone's vote.

But they should all about the person they are voting for. In 2008, they knew little about Obama, Congress, and the issues

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Does anybody think that some sort of voter requirements might be a good idea?

revelarts
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Is this another one of those "conservatives are racists" threads? Christ Almighty.

I couldn't care less about a candidate's skin color or sexual orientation or religion, or political party for that matter. If I believe you represent my beliefs, or at least a good many of them, you get my vote.

I consider myself a moderate conservative and have cast votes for members of damn near every party.

Wasn't trying to imply that all conservatives are racist I know better I was just wondering about the conservative on this Board. I haven't been here long and assumed the best when i came in but as time went by these past few months I come to troll round, I just seem to see a fair amount of minority based threads, Blacks this, Hispanics that "My new hero" the white guy who beats up the black guy. (even though the white guy was a Obama supporter). Honestly just putting a finger in the wind.
I like Keyes a lot and I'd vote for him in over most standard republicans, but he does have political issues. Many have been mentioned already. I do think he's still to much a part of the "party" for my taste now a days. I agree with HogT about Perot though i didn't vote him -I sadly voted for CIA Drug running Bush I-. Both parties are corupt and bought off.

When I was a kid I watched 2 big kids say to this smaller kid.
Big kid 1:Hey do you want to see a fight between me and Big kid 2.
Small kid: yeah.
Big kids 1 and 2 put the small kid in between them and start punching.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Exactly. :thumb:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Wasn't trying to imply that all conservatives are racist I know better I was just wondering about the conservative on this Board. I haven't been here long and assumed the best when i came in but as time went by these past few months I come to troll round, I just seem to see a fair amount of minority based threads, Blacks this, Hispanics that "My new hero" the white guy who beats up the black guy. (even though the white guy was a Obama supporter). Honestly just putting a finger in the wind.
I like Keyes a lot and I'd vote for him in over most standard republicans, but he does have political issues. Many have been mentioned already. I do think he's still to much a part of the "party" for my taste now a days. I agree with HogT about Perot though i didn't vote him -I sadly voted for CIA Drug running Bush I-. Both parties are corupt and bought off.

When I was a kid I watched 2 big kids say to this smaller kid.
Big kid 1:Hey do you want to see a fight between me and Big kid 2.
Small kid: yeah.
Big kids 1 and 2 put the small kid in between them and start punching.

I'm sorry that you got that impression. It's not representative of the board.
Glad you are here! :salute:

glockmail
03-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Keyes was on the North Carolina GOP presidential primary in 2008 and I voted for him for the same reason I make my decision for all primaries, because he was the most conservative candidate.

Nice try at race baiting, but the color of his skin didn't influence my decision one iota. :slap:

namvet
03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
is he qulified???? all i want to know

Kathianne
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry that you got that impression. It's not representative of the board.
Glad you are here! :salute:

While of late there has been quite a lot of blatant racism and just 'I'm the inverse of pc...', Abbey's right, most members are fair people, making decisions on the information available and not the color of one's skin or religion or lack thereof, (that's religion, not skin. ;) ) The more that refuse to go along with racism and instead deal with the issues regarding a particular topic, the better the board will be.

Is there reasons for discussions on race? Sure, crime stats being one. On the other hand, the entry of socioeconomic conditions is not 'pc' and charges of that just derail. It would be nice to see some more people like Gaffer and some others that slapped down that I'm a brainwashed, pc troll. Mind you, a 'nice one.' :thumb:

namvet
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
While of late there has been quite a lot of blatant racism and just 'I'm the inverse of pc...', Abbey's right, most members are fair people, making decisions on the information available and not the color of one's skin or religion or lack thereof, (that's religion, not skin. ;) ) The more that refuse to go along with racism and instead deal with the issues regarding a particular topic, the better the board will be.

Is there reasons for discussions on race? Sure, crime stats being one. On the other hand, the entry of socioeconomic conditions is not 'pc' and charges of that just derail. It would be nice to see some more people like Gaffer and some others that slapped down that I'm a brainwashed, pc troll. Mind you, a 'nice one.' :thumb:

here Kath add this to your tool box :laugh2:

http://www.failpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/troll.jpg

Kathianne
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
here Kath add this to your tool box :laugh2:

http://www.failpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/troll.jpg

My dear, I've no problem identifying trolls. :laugh2::coffee: