PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich Says He'll Vote for Health Care Bill

Monkeybone
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
You know... i can understand the changing of your mind and vote, if presented with reasons/facts to do so. But to support something that you are against? that makes no sense other than you have no balls (or spine for you ball devoid individuals out there).

Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, announced Wednesday that he would vote for the Senate health care bill, becoming the most prominent House Democrat to reverse his opposition.

With Kucinich's switch, Democrats now have 212 votes in favor of the bill, four shy of the 216-threshold needed for passage. That isn't what really upset me about this. It was this
..."This is not the bill I wanted to support even as I continued efforts into the last minute to try and modify the bill," he said at a news conference. "However, after careful discussions with President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, my wife Elizabeth and close friends, I've decided to cast a vote in favor of the legislation." That is what got me. What did they do? Threaten you and your fam's lives? If you don't like it then stand up for yourself! don't vote for it! change it to where you are happy and then vote for it!.

Probably some deal went down when Pres Obama realized that we wised up to the special deals that were going into the bill and that it pissed people off. So now... back door non-official deals that will be passed later but not in the bill.. condition? Bill has to pass.

Classy Politicians... classy.

http://www.foxnews.com/

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Is anybody actually surprised?...After all, this guy is a liberal.

krisy
03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
He got to go for a ride on Air Force One...neato!!!!

What an idiot!!!

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM
wonder what obama promised ohio to get his vote?

stephanie
03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
another gutless sellout.

I think it's past time to REVOLT.

Kathianne
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
He wanted a more liberal bill. He said this was the worst of all. My guess is he was convinced that it was the beginning of what he wants, to vote no would just keep it from happening for decades.

hjmick
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Look for Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa to change their vote as well in return for the increase in water allocations in the California Central Valley region. Now, I believe they should have been getting more water for quite some time now, but I find the timing of this very suspect, especially if Cardoza and Costa now change their vote.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 06:30 PM
He wanted a more liberal bill. He said this was the worst of all. My guess is he was convinced that it was the beginning of what he wants, to vote no would just keep it from happening for decades.

I want a more liberal bill, and there are parts of the reform plans that I don't like such as the insurance mandate; (Especially that mandate, I hope every state nullifies it, thank the Founding Fathers we have a 10th Amendment.) but given the make-up of Congress this is about as good as we'll get.

BUT, if we don't pass anything of susbstance, it is likely we won't for at least another decade before there might be another attempt thanks to the perpetual election-mindset our politicians possess. And if the GOP takes control then we definitely won't see any reform, well maybe another unfunded entitlement program.

Kathianne
03-17-2010, 06:42 PM
If they are able to ram this through using the Slaughter 'rule', I believe it will be tied up in district courts for quite awhile. Either the courts will knock it out or the new Congress will after November.