PDA

View Full Version : Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
what was this person thinking.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100317/ap_on_re_us/us_wal_mart_racial_comment

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. – An announcement at a Walmart store in New Jersey ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township in southern New Jersey and calmly announced: "Attention Walmart customers: All black people leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public address system and apologized for the remark. And while it wasn't clear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, of Monroe. She and her friend, Patricia Covington, were in the store at the time and have said they now plan to boycott the retailer.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Apparently this was a prankster who got hold of one of the many PA system microphones spread throughout the store to get a reaction and a laugh and not the fault of the Walmart Store.

This is a fantastic opportunity to see how many ignorant over-reactionaries like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpten show up to extort money from Walmart by threatening boycott and law suits.

I been scrimnated!

Insein
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Walmart was just stupid to allow anyone to grab a phone and use the PA. Apparently it happens alot.

revelarts
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
All stories like this I've heard 1st here. You guys seemed to spend a lot of time looking for this stuff.

Anyway.. Talk about what ya want but geez, I don't get it.
whoa!!! a couple of blacks are overly upset about what some butt-wipe said at wal-mart, Yeah whatever.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qL6S8TO-b6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qL6S8TO-b6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HogTrash
03-18-2010, 12:23 PM
All stories like this I've heard 1st here. You guys seemed to spend a lot of time looking for this stuff.

Anyway.. Talk about what ya want but geez, I don't get it.
whoa!!! a couple of blacks are overly upset about what some butt-wipe said at wal-mart, Yeah whatever.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qL6S8TO-b6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qL6S8TO-b6U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Well known issues and not so well known issues are all potentially important, especially in times like these when agenda driven main stream journalism is so unreliable.

DragonStryk72
03-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Walmart was just stupid to allow anyone to grab a phone and use the PA. Apparently it happens alot.

well, yeah, because the pa system was designed to be easy to use. Someone could have grabbed one at any of the registers, the CSM counter, over by electronics, back in layaway. It's not stupid, the system is there so that we can help customers more quickly, but there are always going to be jackasses in the world who are going to take advantage.

namvet
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM
seems to me adding a code to the phones would solve it ????

Mr. P
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I really think this is funny.

Now IF I had done it I'd say..

"Attention Wal-mart shoppers the store is closing in 10 minutes, so gather your brats and waddle your fat ass to the front check-out! If you be black collect yer welfare babies and waddle yer ass to da rear door check-out cuz Obama be payin your bill. Have a great night!"

Then I'd just watch the MORONS! :laugh2:

SassyLady
03-18-2010, 04:59 PM

Just curious Rev - what topics have you posted here other than the Alan Keyes? If you are not happy with the topics, try posting what you think is important, or interesting.

revelarts
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Just curious Rev - what topics have you posted here other than the Alan Keyes? If you are not happy with the topics, try posting what you think is important, or interesting.

ah, sure, your right. I've been just commenting here than there in foreign policy, us politics and religion mostly i think.