PDA

View Full Version : contacted army/navy recruiter

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
they have a good program. You get $10,000 up front in two payments and $1000 a month up to $30,000. If I qualify I am going to sign up. I think it will be a good oppurtunity. Just have to decide which branch is the best fit. Any input, I know some of you guys have been in the service.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
What reason, other than money, would you be signing up for?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
something I have always wanted to do. I am more familier with army after doing army rotc but navy physical requirments are easier. To prove those who have doubted me wrong, to prove to myself I can, oppurtinity, honor,ect.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Have you talked to the National Guard?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:17 PM
no I haven't, good idea.

Mr. P
03-17-2010, 07:19 PM
they have a good program. You get $10,000 up front in two payments and $1000 a month up to $30,000. If I qualify I am going to sign up. I think it will be a good oppurtunity. Just have to decide which branch is the best fit. Any input, I know some of you guys have been in the service.

I think the better deal was the ROTC scholarship you had.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
sure, but with it you had to train, that took time. This doesn't till you graduate.

Mr. P
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
sure, but with it you had to train, that took time. This doesn't till you graduate.

Yeah, it was a regular class, right?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
more than that, it was 2, pt everyone morning at 6am, one class on tue, then lab on wen. Plus trips to the shooting range (I can't shoot an M16 worth shit) pool for swim qual, fort knox for land nav, they also said you had to join a club such as color gaurd or ranger challenge.

Mr. P
03-17-2010, 07:33 PM
more than that, it was 2, pt everyone morning at 6am, one class on tue, then lab on wen. Plus trips to the shooting range (I can't shoot an M16 worth shit) pool for swim qual, fort knox for land nav, they also said you had to join a club such as color gaurd or ranger challenge.

Yeah all that crap for a free ride through school and then a Commission as a 2nd LT..hell it just ain't worth it. Take that easy money and be a PVT instead.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll still be a 2nd lt in the nurse corps.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Libbs - what makes you think it gets easier after you complete school? What you were doing in ROTC is nothing compared to what you'll be doing once you sign up.

You are confusing me .... do you think you'll be able to go to school and then walk away from your commitment to the military once you are done?

I'm having a real hard time believing you were in the ROTC program and still have the attitude you have. Did you not learn any values while there?

Mr. P
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I'll still be a 2nd lt in the nurse corps.

Interesting..never heard of that program..if it came from a recruiter ya better check it real good.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
called the nurse candidate program, you can look it up online at their site.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Libbs - what makes you think it gets easier after you complete school? What you were doing in ROTC is nothing compared to what you'll be doing once you sign up.

You are confusing me .... do you think you'll be able to go to school and then walk away from your commitment to the military once you are done?

I'm having a real hard time believing you were in the ROTC program and still have the attitude you have. Did you not learn any values while there?
what values do you speak of. I'll do my 3 years don't worry.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:49 PM

How about the 7 Army values:

Loyalty
Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. constitution, the Army, and other soldiers.
Be loyal to the nation and its heritage.

Duty
Fulfill your obligations.
Accept responsibility for your own actions and those entrusted to your care.
Find opportunities to improve oneself for the good of the group.

Respect
Rely upon the golden rule.
How we consider others reflects upon each of us, both personally and as a professional organization

Selfless Service
Put the welfare of the nation, the Army, and your subordinates before your own.
Selfless service leads to organizational teamwork and encompasses discipline, self-control and faith in the system.

Honor
Live up to all the Army values

Integrity
Do what is right, legally and morally.
Be willing to do what is right even when no one is looking.
It is our "moral compass" an inner voice.

Personal Courage
Our ability to face fear, danger, or adversity, both physical and moral courage.

How are you exhibiting this value on a daily basis? Truthfully, from what I have experienced of you here on this board, you are not army material.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 07:49 PM
they have a good program. You get $10,000 up front in two payments and $1000 a month up to $30,000. If I qualify I am going to sign up. I think it will be a good oppurtunity. Just have to decide which branch is the best fit. Any input, I know some of you guys have been in the service.I believe it would be a great experiance and opportunity, especially if you qualify for officer candidate school.

Liberals are usually to soft for military but if you check your liberal attitude at the door, you just might make it.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
How are you exhibiting this value on a daily basis? Truthfully, from what I have experienced of you here on this board, you are not army material.

you really don't even know me, just my internet persona. I am quite a bit different in real life as I am sure many are. Who are you to judge.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
you really don't even know me, just my internet persona. I am quite a bit different in real life as I am sure many are. Who are you to judge.

see value #6 - Integrity. The ability to do the right thing even when no one is looking ... or knows who you are.

Also, I don't think the military will take kindly to someone who wants to burn the flag rather than respect and preserve it.

I judge you as the wife of a CSM in the military and who lives her life according to the Army Values.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
the burning flag was a political statement on symbolism. How we put too much value in the symbol while not living what it stands for. The military has it's values sure enough, values I will have to conform to if I sign up but for now I am free to hold my own views.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
the burning flag was a political statement on symbolism. How we put too much value in the symbol while not living what it stands for. The military has it's values sure enough, values I will have to conform to if I sign up but for now I am free to hold my own views.

Why would you think any branch of the military wants someone who will change their values so easily?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
what makes you think I wont be easily accepted, they gave me a full ride scholarship afterall and I never contracted so no worries it will come back on me.

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
what makes you think I wont be easily accepted, they gave me a full ride scholarship afterall and I never contracted so no worries it will come back on me.

If you were in the ROTC program why are you not completing your requirements. Did you have a 2, 3 or 4 year scholarship?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Army. Did one semester of rotc.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
I applaud your ambition and think its great you are finding ways to pay for your College. I hope you stay safe and appreciate that you want to be a part of the Military and Protect everyones freedoms.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
thanks chole, suprisingly one thing I was good at in rotc was rucking. I didn't fall out like some of the other females. Strange given I have a pretty small frame but it was a lite pack.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I was contacted today on the phone by a national guard recruiter. My next step is to take the asvab online. I am going to study first tho.

One problem, I was underweight, I need to gain ten pounds.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Check out the thread in the Military section on the Army softening training for recruits.

Monkeybone
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM

only 3? because of it being a nurse and not ROTC?

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
If you were in the ROTC program why are you not completing your requirements. Did you have a 2, 3 or 4 year scholarship?

4 year full ride plus housing, already stated, the time commitment was too steep with my other 18 hours worth of classes. I wasn't going to let my grades suffer.

LiberalNation
only 3? because of it being a nurse and not ROTC?

that the minimum, you prolly still have to do 4 counting all the training. 6 if I go with the guard.

glockmail
LibTardNation do 2 years 11 months 29 days then show your CO your burning flag avatar.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 12:12 PM
ouch that asvab practice test was a wake up call. I no good at algebra.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
they have inferior equipment and no employer stateside will want you because they know you're going to get called up to go to the sandbox for a year. The job market is bad enough for new nurses, don't shoot yourself in the foot.

PostmodernProphet
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
they also said you had to join a club such as color gaurd or ranger challenge.

I would be happier if they had a "stop bleeding wounds" club instead of color guard (whoopee, wave flags! march pretty!)

Mr. P
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I would be happier if they had a "stop bleeding wounds" club instead of color guard (whoopee, wave flags! march pretty!)

I don't think you know what a color guard is, do you?

We ain't talkin some flag drill team here...no "wave flags! march pretty!" stuff.

PostmodernProphet
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't think you know what a color guard is, do you?

We ain't talkin some flag drill team here...no "wave flags! march pretty!" stuff.

apparently not....what is a color guard

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Did I mention I may need a waiver for being underweight by 9 pounds, min for my height is 117 I weigh around 108 now. Gona eat me some sweeties and wear heavy boots.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 05:34 PM
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/002.jpg

glockmail
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
You'll have to disclose that you post here.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 07:23 PM
why would I have to do that glock and how would they know?

Kathianne
03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
why would I have to do that glock and how would they know?

Of course you don't have to. Somehow I think the armed forces have more to do than track down messageboards posters that are volunteering. They wouldn't know. I'm certain that wasn't any sort of veiled threat, as Jim has made crystal that will NOT be tolerated.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
thought it would be easy but this asvab is a kick in the crotch. Haven't done this shit since high school. Scoring in the 80% range on the practices.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Didn't miss a single one on word knowlage or paragraph comprehension tho. Vocab and reading have always been my strong suites.

glockmail
03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
why would I have to do that glock and how would they know?They'll need to know what articles or opinions that you published in order to evaluate your ability to uphold your oath to the Constitution. They would know because you will tell them, unless of course you lie to them. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
these aren't published work, message boards are like emails.

Noir
03-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Surprisingly large number of negative comments in here =/

Best of luck with it all ^_^

Mr. P
03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
these aren't published work, message boards are like emails.

You'd be surprised at what an FBI background ck prior to receiving a Commission involves.

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I am sure it's intensive but I regret nothing I have written. It isn't subversive and none of it is under my real name. Not to mention I can't even remember all the boards I have posted on thru the years.

Mr. P
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
I am sure it's intensive but I regret nothing I have written. It isn't subversive and none of it is under my real name. Not to mention I can't even remember all the boards I have posted on thru the years.

It doesn't matter what you remember.

You basically said this site an e-mail are private. Nothing on the net is private and if you think yer real name and posts, past and present, are hidden yer dreaming..

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think they are hidden, I just don't think the military is going to be that interested in searching thru years of my web activites seeing as none of them were illegal. heck they didn't even check my cousins medical records and he got in on some stuff that could of be a dq.

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 03:38 PM
and the email comparison was in response to non published material not privacy. I'm sure however they will prolly check my innocent facebook page.

Mr. P
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think they are hidden, I just don't think the military is going to be that interested in searching thru years of my web activites seeing as none of them were illegal. heck they didn't even check my cousins medical records and he got in on some stuff that could of be a dq.

Is he an Officer?

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Nah enlisted. He still needs like 10 credit hours to finish his degree. Told him to finish first but he was gung ho and it seems to have worked out,

Mr. P
03-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Nah enlisted. He still needs like 10 credit hours to finish his degree. Told him to finish first but he was gung ho and it seems to have worked out,

You'll find with some exceptions the background ck is more extensive for Officers vs enlisted. You may squeak by but believe me, some of yer posts here alone would probably DQ you from the Officer corp. Then there's the security clearance.

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm good on security, nothing in my background. Just passed a background check for nursing school and one when I did rotc. I'm not all that concerned.

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
besides that you dudes are real downers, last time I share anything with ya.

revelarts
03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
LNation God Bless your work as a nurse, wherever you end up serving.

P, what type of things has LN said that might throw up red flags. No need for specifics.

glockmail
03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
With all the extra guvmint worker Obamas hiring they'll need something to do. If you don't think they can't link you to your IP address to your posting you've got a surprise coming. Heck they tracked down a guy who owns a car wash for four cents. You've got a lot of explaining to do, if they bother giving you the chance.

LiberalNation
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
the guys on my military forum disagree, said it wouldn't be a problem and the military isn't interested in your private politics or some stupid internet rants.

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 03:07 AM
the guys on my military forum disagree, said it wouldn't be a problem and the military isn't interested in your private politics or some stupid internet rants.

I'm not a vet, but my commonsense tendencies lead me to the conclusion that anyone in the position of vetting would recognize the differences between writings on a messageboard-if they bothered with in the first place-and behaviors in real life. Now if you had all sorts of things in real life, harkening back to America the Evil One or the American military is a source for evil, you'd have a problem.

For all we know, HT could be the director of the ACLU. It's a freakin' board.

glockmail
03-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I recall many an anti-military rant, and many threads started by you on how crappy military folks are. A recruiter would be very intersted in seeing these. You have a personal responibilty to disclose them and explain yourself. Either do it now or be found out later after you've spent a year or two and possibly get canned for not being honest.

Jeff
03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Admittedly I haven't read the entire thread , but LN if you decide to go, good luck :salute:

DragonStryk72
03-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Honestly, unless you've been flagged by terrorist watchlists, there's no problem. Personally, though LN, I would go Navy Corpsman. You would get to help with relief efforts, and get to interface with every other one of the armed forces at some point, since Navy ships are used for pretty much everything these days. There's also a lot less of the "hoo-rah" stuff in the modern navy, as it is more about getting the job done.

When you're at sea, yeah, you'll have some longer hours, but you'll have a lot more time to yourself while you're in port, depending on your CO. This gives you more time with your rate books, so you can move up. As a former ROTC member, you'd go in as an E-3 at least, and getting through A-school should give you your E-4 crow (um, if anyone offers to "tack it on" be warned that you are likeyly about to be punched in the arm. Odd tradition), and if you stick with it, you could easily pull off E-5 within a couple of years.

also I gotta say I like the Navy uniforms much better than the army uniforms

LiberalNation
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm going in as an officer I think. The navy was my first choice but they aren't accepting any more people in their nursing program this year so I could wait and direct commission or go army/guard.

LiberalNation
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I recall many an anti-military rant, and many threads started by you on how crappy military folks are. A recruiter would be very intersted in seeing these. You have a personal responibilty to disclose them and explain yourself. Either do it now or be found out later after you've spent a year or two and possibly get canned for not being honest.

posting news stories is not anti-military. It's posting news, I posted a heditha story at military board, and guess what, no one freaked or called it anti-military.

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2010, 03:14 PM
all other matters aside, LN....considering your history of accepting discipline from moderators, how are you going to survive drill sergeants?.....

LiberalNation
03-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I managed to live with my father for 20 years, I think I can survive a few weeks.

Kathianne
03-20-2010, 03:23 PM
all other matters aside, LN....considering your history of accepting discipline from moderators, how are you going to survive drill sergeants?.....

Actually as she got older, she takes direction better than most, with less lip. If she wants it bad enough, she'll make it.

AFbombloader
03-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Honestly, unless you've been flagged by terrorist watchlists, there's no problem. Personally, though LN, I would go Navy Corpsman. You would get to help with relief efforts, and get to interface with every other one of the armed forces at some point, since Navy ships are used for pretty much everything these days. There's also a lot less of the "hoo-rah" stuff in the modern navy, as it is more about getting the job done.

When you're at sea, yeah, you'll have some longer hours, but you'll have a lot more time to yourself while you're in port, depending on your CO. This gives you more time with your rate books, so you can move up. As a former ROTC member, you'd go in as an E-3 at least, and getting through A-school should give you your E-4 crow (um, if anyone offers to "tack it on" be warned that you are likeyly about to be punched in the arm. Odd tradition), and if you stick with it, you could easily pull off E-5 within a couple of years.

also I gotta say I like the Navy uniforms much better than the army uniforms

She didn't complete enough ROTC to qualify for increased rank, maybe on the college credit but not for ROTC. I was a recruiter so I do have some idea. LN, if you decide to go into the nurse corps, good luck. Maybe seeing how things work out in the "real world" will even you out a bit. Good luck with it tho. An look at the AF too, we have a need for nurses too.

LiberalNation
03-20-2010, 04:06 PM
you don't offer the bonuses tho and harder to get into.

LiberalNation
03-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Baccalaureate prepared nurses - $10,000 per year bonus for the guard, that's pretty good. I'm leaning national guard since the navy is out.

glockmail
03-21-2010, 10:37 AM
posting news stories is not anti-military. It's posting news, I posted a heditha story at military board, and guess what, no one freaked or called it anti-military.Then I suggest you be up-front about it and let them make that decision. Otherwise you could really get fucked later on.

AFbombloader
03-21-2010, 11:28 AM
you don't offer the bonuses tho and harder to get into.

There is a reason the AF doesn't offer the bonuses, we don't need to to get people to join. And yes, we are more difficult to get into, for the same reasons. Did you take the easy route into college? go for the easiest one? If you choose that path in life you may never find out that the more challenging things are the bigger the return you will receive. Like I said, good luck in whatever path you pick.

Noir
03-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Then I suggest you be up-front about it and let them make that decision. Otherwise you could really get fucked later on.

Can i ask what gives you such an insight into what the military want and don't want?
Sounds to me like you're talking a load of tosh.

LiberalNation
03-21-2010, 12:26 PM
most all the military board guys said the same thing noir, that it was bs and they don't care.

glockmail
03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Can i ask what gives you such an insight into what the military want and don't want?
Sounds to me like you're talking a load of tosh. You have to take an oath to uphold the Constitution.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Noir
03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
You have to take an oath to uphold the Constitution.

Yep, and what part of the constitution says you do not have the right to free speech?

@LN, cool cool, it would be most absurd if they did care.

SassyLady
03-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Yep, and what part of the constitution says you do not have the right to free speech?

@LN, cool cool, it would be most absurd if they did care.

I'm beginning to think Libbs is right and "they" don't care .... how else could this country have gotten so off track?

Noir
03-21-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm beginning to think Libbs is right and "they" don't care .... how else could this country have gotten so off track?

You mean to say you blame the troops in the military for the country going off track?

LiberalNation
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17664&page=2

SassyLady
03-21-2010, 07:58 PM
You mean to say you blame the troops in the military for the country going off track?

NO......not the troops, Noir. I blame all of us for allowing the standards of society to slip. For example...on this board we allow people to espouse hateful rhetoric and label it free speech. After a while it becomes the norm and not the exception.

BoogyMan
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Ever been in the military? Join up, try that free speech thing, and let me know how it comes out! :lol:

Noir
03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Ever been in the military? Join up, try that free speech thing, and let me know how it comes out! :lol:

Oh i know, quite delightfully ironic, no?

SassyLady
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17664&page=2

Yep .... I went over there and read all your posts over there also. Saw your pictures..........like your bike.

So, are you studying criminal justice or nursing?

LiberalNation
03-21-2010, 08:28 PM
nursing.

SassyLady
03-22-2010, 12:17 AM
nursing.

Oh, I guess I got confused about what you told the guys over on the National Guard board..

The bonus isn't a big deal, I just want to get in. I'm in lousiville Kentucky currently going to school for a criminal justice degree at UofL. Have about 2 years left to finish my degree and have run into some money difficulties. Hoping to get 11B, infantry as my mos.

I am currently a nursing student at the university of louisville and will be in my junior year next semester. I was interested in joining the gaurd as a nurse and wondered if they offered any tuition assistence programs?

My brother just retired as a 1st Sgt. from the National Guard with 39 years of service. My husband is Active Duty National Guard and a CSM. So I visit that board quite a bit ... never posted there, just browse. It's interesting to read all the posts you made over there. :coffee:

Mr. P
03-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh, I guess I got confused about what you told the guys over on the National Guard board..

My brother just retired as a 1st Sgt. from the National Guard with 39 years of service. My husband is Active Duty National Guard and a CSM. So I visit that board quite a bit ... never posted there, just browse. It's interesting to read all the posts you made over there. :coffee:

Hoping 11B vs a Nurse? What's wrong with that picture? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-22-2010, 12:23 AM
lol, my cousin used to use that account.

SassyLady
03-22-2010, 12:31 AM
lol, my cousin used to use that account.

Oh, so your cousin was going to UoL also, and getting a degree in criminal justice and wanted to know what the bonuses were for the National Guard. And then you went over there and said you are in the nursing program at UoL and also wanted to know what the bonuses are.

Sorry for the confusion........you were both using the same screen name, going to the same school, asking the same questions.......very confusing. :slap:

LiberalNation
03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
yeah he went to uofl, we were roomates for a time.

glockmail
03-22-2010, 07:56 AM

@LN, cool cool, it would be most absurd if they did care. If its so free then she should be proud to show what she wrote. I especially like the troop-trashing and flag-burning stuff.

LiberalNation
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
talked to a recruiter, it went well. I would need to go to bct next summer than ocs according to him. Trying to verify that.

LiberalNation
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I'll go navy if I can get into their nurse candidate program. 30gs while still in school is a good deal plus they have better living quarters and less pt. They may not have any openings now but the new fiscal year starts in october.

asvab on thur. hope i do well.

glockmail
03-23-2010, 07:31 AM
You could really trash the troops as a nurse.

LiberalNation
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Passed the asvab with even a little room spare. 84 and 115 GT. My recruiter is really pushing me to enlist as a medic now and get mylpn cert. If I don't get into nursing school next semester I will. He says he has only one female medic slot in the whole state right now. Going to talk it over with the family and see if I can push the school to confirm my acceptence or not into nursing school. If I did that I would go back into rotc after training and do smp. I could use the money. I wonder if I can double dip with smp and $1500 nurse stipend.

LiberalNation
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
any tips for basic? That's the part that worries me, people and pt, I hates them.

LiberalNation
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
doing basic at ft. jackson then ait at ft. sam houston. Carolina and Texas, I wont get out of the south.

LiberalNation
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
the physical standard I have to meet is 2 miles in 18min, 53 situps, and 21 pushups.

right now I am at 1.2 miles in 13 minutes, 30 situps, and 10 pushups but will build up quickly and don't ship for several months anyway. I am also going to start walking in the boots I got from rotc to toughen up feet as well as rucking with a light pack.

LiberalNation
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Met the recruiter again today along with my parents because they had some questions. It was decided I would contract rotc before I joined, join the smp program, miss one semester for basic, no ait, and be on the road. This will insure I am nondeployable. Got to be yelled at for an hour by my parents on the drive home, they say they are supportive but sure don't act it.

Also ran 1.2 miles today. Slowly improving. Next step is to send an email to rotc.

Monkeybone
04-01-2010, 07:23 AM
get it in writing

LiberalNation
04-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I will, contracting rotc so wont have to do ait, just basic.

I am going to start pting with rotc again beginning Monday. They have me with the airborne school bound cadets to prepare for basic. Means I will be in last, last, last place on everything but oh well.

LiberalNation
04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
3 mile run + pushups + situps + jumping jacks + plus other stuff at 6 am after waking up at 5 am. Pretty good. Ya'll should join the suck.

chloe
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
3 mile run + pushups + situps + jumping jacks + plus other stuff at 6 am after waking up at 5 am. Pretty good. Ya'll should join the suck.

Thats awesome you should feel proud LN. How big is Louisville? What major companies are there have you lived there all your life?

LiberalNation
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
It's a medium size city. I have only lived here about four years. It's a big hospital and university town, We have 5 hospitals and like 14 colleges. UofL being the largest, followed by Bellermine. 4th street live is awesome, so his the derby and thunder over louisville.

chloe
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
It's a medium size city. I have only lived here about four years. It's a big hospital and university town, We have 5 hospitals and like 14 colleges. UofL being the largest, followed by Bellermine. 4th street live is awesome, so his the derby and thunder over louisville.

sounds cool Liberal. Is Kentucky pretty conservative overall?

LiberalNation
04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
yes, most of it is, louisville would be one of your few exceptions because of all the college kids and minorities. We vote dem.

LiberalNation
04-07-2010, 04:28 AM
wake up in the morning at 5am, I'm out the door gona run thru the city, brush my teeth for I leave with cafience cuz when I leave in the night I ain't coming back.

LiberalNation
04-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I ran 4 miles today at about an 11 min mile pace. Sprint/jog intervals the last half mile then 20 pushups and 40 situps. I puked my guts up after we were finished. Lost nearly a half gallon of water, tea, and coke but felt better afterwards. The female Captain who ran it today bout to killed me. She is hard core. That is the farthest I've ever run in one stint.

The only downside is I have to miss my first class to shower, got the vomit all over.

What is up with the liner in the pt shorts, it feels like your wearing a diaper. I would cut it out but don’t want to be out of regulation.

Icing my shins now. It's 5 miles Friday, i will drink less fluids and hopefully be able to keep it down.

LiberalNation
04-08-2010, 02:03 PM
got my letter from the nursing school. Made the alternate list but didn't get the complete acceptence. That actually works out as I would have to take next semester off for basic anyway. Will do my patho and pharm this summer. I think I am going to switch schools to Bellermine when I get back. They are an exspensive private catholic school which is why I didn't start there but they also have a better program and free housing for cadets.

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 10:15 AM
There's a lot of liberals in the military. Her posts won't hurt her. As for the security clearance there is a questionnaire that needs to be filled out the asks about credit, violations of the law, and wants to know names and addresses of all family members to include people you have known for more than 10 years. The background check is extensive and they will ask questions if you want to be an officer.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I know, my background is clean though. No law violation, haven't even ever been to a political protest or even a member of a political group.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I filled out all the paperwork and got a clean background check back, next stop is meps. I will enlist as a pfc in a supply mos, go to basic sometime in september, come back and contract rotc.

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I filled out all the paperwork and got a clean background check back, next stop is meps. I will enlist as a pfc in a supply mos, go to basic sometime in september, come back and contract rotc.

Why enlist? Why not go to college and enter the ROTC program there? Become a cadet, do your four years of college, and become an officer.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 01:30 PM
more money/benifits this way. My cadre thought going to basic would be a good idea to help with my skills and build confidence. I will do SMP with the national guard, so will wear cadet rank when I get back and contract. Will only miss one semester and doing split op will not have to go to ait. I would have to miss a semester anyway to do leadership training course if I wanted to contract rotc, I only have two years left on my degree, if you don't have 4 you have to do that.

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 01:43 PM
more money/benifits this way. My cadre thought going to basic would be a good idea to help with my skills and build confidence. I will do SMP with the national guard, so will wear cadet rank when I get back and contract. Will only miss one semester and doing split op will not have to go to ait. I would have to miss a semester anyway to do leadership training course if I wanted to contract rotc, I only have two years left on my degree, if you don't have 4 you have to do that.

If you have an AA you should check into direct commission and finish your college after that. Avoid the ROTC portion.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 01:48 PM
they don't give associates at my school or I would do that, I actually have enough credit to do ocs right now but no reason to get a general branch and not be able to switch to nursing until I reach Captian. I really enjoy rotc, it isn't a burden right now although nursing school + rotc will be challenging.

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
they don't give associates at my school or I would do that, I actually have enough credit to do ocs right now but no reason to get a general branch and not be able to switch to nursing until I reach Captian. I really enjoy rotc, it isn't a burden right now although nursing school + rotc will be challenging.

Cool. I've got my WO packet in now.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 02:14 PM
good luck, are you doing pilot or something else.?

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 02:28 PM
good luck, are you doing pilot or something else.?

91A, Ordnance. I have three MOS's, 91F, 11B, and 88M. The 91F and 11B were given to me from my Marine Corps MOS's. The 88M I chose because there weren't many 'Will train' MOS's open in the reserves. One of the reasons I haven't been posting much is because I joined the Army Reserve last year and have gone to 5 schools in the past seven months.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
5 schools, wow. How do you like the Army side of things. Marines don't have healthcare personnel so obviously they were out for me.

82Marine89
04-10-2010, 02:34 PM
5 schools, wow. How do you like the Army side of things. Marines don't have healthcare personnel so obviously they were out for me.

I like it a lot. Definitely a lot more education than the Corps. Reserves also offer more than the Guard when it comes to schools.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 04:16 PM
My recruiter is a former Marine, he said being in the Marines was like being in a cage with a bunch of alpha dogs, everyone trying to be on top. He found the guard enviroment a lot more friendly and got lucky enough to get a full time job as a recruiter.

LiberalNation
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I am meeting with the rotc recruiting officer soon to make sure everything is on the up and up with what I am planning. She will make sure I don't get screwed hopefully.

I did a 2.2 mile ruck march in boots, it was surprisingly harder than expected although a quarter of it was uphill plus uneven/rocky trail. Mild blisters on my heels, hope it doesn't affect my running Monday. Ruck was only 15 pounds.

Going to do P90X yoga tomorrow. I'm not very flexible. Then try and find some weight gainer shakes.

Abbey Marie
04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
My recruiter is a former Marine, he said being in the Marines was like being in a cage with a bunch of alpha dogs, everyone trying to be on top. He found the guard enviroment a lot more friendly and got lucky enough to get a full time job as a recruiter.

Guess he wasn't an alpha guy, lol.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM

So Libbs....how are the alpha dogs over at the National Guard forum treating you these days.

Guess they didn't like what you had to say. Were you banned?

I agree with them. Perhaps you shouldn't join any branch of the military if your heart isn't in the right place. Joining for a free ride while openly expressing distain for your country didn't sit well with them, did it?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
temp, 48 hours for posting a link to P&CA ptsd thread. Good thing you don't have no say in the matter eh.

http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk/Forum/us-politics-forum/86719-ptsd-price-military-service.html

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
temp, 48 hours for posting a link to P&CA ptsd thread. Good thing you don't have no say in the matter eh.

http://www.politicsandcurrentaffairs.co.uk/Forum/us-politics-forum/86719-ptsd-price-military-service.html

Huge assumption little girl.:coffee:

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 05:48 PM
not too much, you have no control over army recruiting, specially since I meet and exceed all standards and they need nurses. They aren't gona go, oh you can't join cuz some military dudes wife doesn't like you.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Interesting how most of the haters on this thread have never served a day in their lives. A not so pro military board after all. None of yous know me in real life and I get on quite well with my fellow cadets and cadre.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Interesting how most of the haters on this thread have never served a day in their lives. A not so pro military board after all. None of yous know me in real life and I get on quite well with my fellow cadets and cadre.

One need not be a veteran to see you are clearly not a good fit for the US Military. In fact, I think you would be a disgrace to the uniform.

I wonder how your fellow cadets would feel if they saw the continual nasty shit you have to say about our military and veterans, and how you have more allegiance to being a skeezy lesbian than you do to wanting to honor your country by joining the military.

My only wish is that you put in a ton of time and effort and then something happens to get you tossed and you don't gain jack shit from the very people you constantly bad talk here.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
not too much, you have no control over army recruiting, specially since I meet and exceed all standards and they need nurses.

As I said, you are making assumptions about who I know in the National Guard and who I talk to on a regular basis. I often have dinner with military brass. Last month I had dinner with two Adjutant Generals, and several Brig Generals. It is what I do at least once a month.

However, I have seen how the military can actually change a person's life and make them a more responsible individual. Hopefully it can do this for you.

I find it interesting that you want to be a nurse, saving lives, and yet your avatar (at this point in time) is praying to God that everyone dies. Do you think your ROTC or nursing pals would understand that one? Or the last one you had of a burning flag?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:19 PM
avatars is a joke, no sense of humor?

and jim another who ain't never served, isn't qualified too in the first place, and don't know me.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM

You are right Libbs ... I personally have not worn a uniform....I'm just the behind the scenes support .... brother served almost 40 years, husband 30 and continuing. Father-in-law retired as Captain in Coast Guard.....and I have to tell you that I still don't understand why you want to join the military. And, as I said, the guys over at the National Guard forum don't understand either.

Just observing .... that's all.:coffee:

PS - would post links to what they had to say, but I think that's tacky.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
avatars is a joke, no sense of humor?

and jim another who ain't never served, isn't qualified too in the first place, and don't know me.

I've always been more than qualified to serve, just chose not to. And all I need to know about you pertaining to the military is that you are a lesbian and you constantly trash talk the military - I don't need to know anymore to realize you shouldn't be allowed to serve.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
being a wife is like serving yourself, raising the kids while hubbies away on deployment, having to accompany him to the "voluntary" wink nod functions. I'd say you did your time whether you wore the uniform yourself or not.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I've always been more than qualified to serve, just chose not to. And all I need to know about you pertaining to the military is that you are a lesbian and you constantly trash talk the military - I don't need to know anymore to realize you shouldn't be allowed to serve.

thought you were bipolor and depressed, both disquals.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
thought you were bipolor and depressed, both disquals.

What their policy is I am unaware of as I never looked into it, but I know of several people with bipolar who have served and one who is currently serving. Maybe it's another one of those "don't ask don't tell" thingies. Nonetheless, I didn't even have bipolar until I pretty much passed the age to go in anyway, so it's a moot point.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
if you don't report they rarely pull your health records, that's how my cousin got in with his slightly elevated bloodpressure. Any mental disorder is a perm dequal with little hope of a waiver unless you have been off doctors care with a favorable diagnoses for over a year which I have. Saw a therapist at 16 but haven't since. Recruiter didn't want to report it but since it was less than 7 years ago I thought better safe than sorry.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
if you don't report they rarely pull your health records, that's how my cousin got in with his slightly elevated bloodpressure. Any mental disorder is a perm dequal with little hope of a waiver unless you have been off doctors care with a favorable diagnoses for over a year which I have. Saw a therapist at 16 but haven't since. Recruiter didn't want to report it but since it was less than 7 years ago I thought better safe than sorry.

Does your therapist and the military know that you're a lesbian, or do you just lie?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
don't ask, don't tell, don't harrass, don't persue, dickwad.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
don't ask, don't tell, don't harrass, don't persue, dickwad.

I don't believe that policy applies to therapists. So again, did you just lie, or lie by omission?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
wasn't gay then....and therapist aren't going to be blabbing your personal info.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:43 PM
wasn't gay then....and therapist aren't going to be blabbing your personal info.

How old are you now? I've been reading about you admitting to being a lesbo for a couple of years now. So you haven't even turned 18 yet, have been a lesbo for less than 2 years, haven't been with a woman yet, and blast to the world about being a lesbo?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:44 PM
20, wasn't a member here at 16.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
How old are you now? I've been reading about you admitting to being a lesbo for a couple of years now. So you haven't even turned 18 yet, have been a lesbo for less than 2 years, haven't been with a woman yet, and blast to the world about being a lesbo?

One of the warriors over on the National Guard forum asked Libbs why she was joining the military if she hated men so much. Baffles the hell out of me.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
20, wasn't a member here at 16.

Did you ever proclaim to be a lesbian while you were in HS, whether there or on any forums?

One of the warriors over on the National Guard forum asked Libbs why she was joining the military if she hated men so much. Baffles the hell out of me.

She thinks she'll be getting some sort of free ride, that's how liberals think. Or maybe she wants to join so she can blog from there about how bad everyone there is.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't hate men, I hate sexist douche bag men. No I wasn't "out" in high school and actually dated several guys who all turned out to be weirdos even for me.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Did you ever proclaim to be a lesbian while you were in HS, whether there or on any forums?

She thinks she'll be getting some sort of free ride, that's how liberals think. Or maybe she wants to join so she can blog from there about how bad everyone there is.

Well, I think she found out in the last couple of days that the military doesn't put up with as much crap from her as you do. They didn't like the anti-American website she posted and banned her for a little while.

They will take care of her in their own way .... she will either conform or drop out.

chloe
04-11-2010, 06:56 PM
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/002.jpg

Thats a cute pic, maybe in the military you will convert to conservativism and realize how much freedom means. I don't care that your gay because Im not homophobic and I appreciate anyone willing to sacrifice their life for our country.

I wish you wouldn't bring someone's mental health into it though. I struggle with depression my self and thats sometimes a chemical imbalance that can't be controlled.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks like you've been a lesbo for well over 3 years now at least. I guess they day you made this post was maybe the day you converted?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=16813&postcount=203

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
actually just posted it to pizz off you assholes. :p

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Thats a cute pic, maybe in the military you will convert to conservativism and realize how much freedom means. I don't care that your gay because Im not homophobic and I appreciate anyone willing to sacrifice their life for our country.

I wish you wouldn't bring someone's mental health into it though. I struggle with depression my self and thats sometimes a chemical imbalance that can't be controlled.

She's NOT willing to sacrifice her life for her country. I have zero doubt about that. She's looking for a way to make ends meet by using the military, the very people she bad mouths at every opportunity.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 07:00 PM
anyone who joins must know the risk and be willing at least on an intellectual level to lay down their lives. That is something I am. This isn't a whim, I've wanted to do this for years.

chloe
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
She's NOT willing to sacrifice her life for her country. I have zero doubt about that. She's looking for a way to make ends meet by using the military, the very people she bad mouths at every opportunity.

I'll take your word for it. Military might change her perspective even if she enlists for the wrong reasons.

jimnyc
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I'll take your word for it. Military might change her perspective even if she enlists for the wrong reasons.

Maybe so, but if I was in charge (which I know full well I'm not and never served), I wouldn't want the job. Training a willing participant is one thing, trying to brainwash someone who spent their early years doing nothing but bad mouthing the military shouldn't be their job.

SassyLady
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
anyone who joins must know the risk and be willing at least on an intellectual level to lay down their lives. That is something I am. This isn't a whim, I've wanted to do this for years.

Why?

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
key word should not must, my mistake, some don't, but the risk is there. Just imo.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 07:13 PM
,,,http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/user29793_pic1627_1251138482.jpg

82Marine89
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM

Got to disagree with you there. There are lots of folks that try their best to get out of deployments. They are using the military for TA, GI Bill, and training toward a future career. No more, no less.

LiberalNation
04-11-2010, 11:41 PM
there are always some. The females who get pregnant to get out of deploying give us all a bad name. It specifically says on the letter you get for christmans exodus, do not get pregnant.

LiberalNation
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Took a pt test with ROTC today. 2 mile run in 23 mins, 50 situps, and an abysmal 6 pushups. I got twiggy arms but am working on it. That should be enough to get me into basic and avoid fat camp though. Go to meps today.

We got in a little trouble wen. morning for failing to salute an officer in uniform (she is usually in pts but this time wore acu) and failure to follow an order to warm up and not sit in our cars till she got there. We were sufficiently chastised. The saluting truly was ignorance on my part, I did not realize there was a difference in pt and acu salute requirement.

Some people love the details so will do my best to give a good account. At meps now. Hotel tonight then physical tomorrow. Nice place, I took advantage of their pool.

All goes well I will be a soldier by tomorrow.

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 05:50 AM
they said my waiver has been sent up, just waiting a yea/nay before I can swear in. Didn't have to see a doctor afterall. Funky kneecaps, missing the little bone that sits on top them.

She said almost 100% chance it would be approved and I'll swear in next week.

CSM
04-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Took a pt test with ROTC today. 2 mile run in 23 mins, 50 situps, and an abysmal 6 pushups. I got twiggy arms but am working on it. That should be enough to get me into basic and avoid fat camp though. Go to meps today.

We got in a little trouble wen. morning for failing to salute an officer in uniform (she is usually in pts but this time wore acu) and failure to follow an order to warm up and not sit in our cars till she got there. We were sufficiently chastised. The saluting truly was ignorance on my part, I did not realize there was a difference in pt and acu salute requirement.

Some people love the details so will do my best to give a good account. At meps now. Hotel tonight then physical tomorrow. Nice place, I took advantage of their pool.

All goes well I will be a soldier by tomorrow.

Bad news for you. You won't be a soldier until you complete basic training. Until then you are just a recruit.

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 07:09 AM
even drilling rsp with the guard wearing a uniform. I'll be a cadidiot anyway. ;)

CSM
04-16-2010, 07:11 AM
even drilling rsp with the guard wearing a uniform. I'll be a cadidiot anyway. ;)

Understood; you will still be a recruit until you meet ALL training requirements to be a soldier. Just letting you know.

Further, what you do AFTER basic will determine if you are a GOOD soldier or not.

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Understood, I will be making e-5 pay as a cadet and e-3 thru basic so that is a good chunk of change. I think I will be a good soldier and officer eventually with all this training. May even go to some high speed schools like ariborne or mountain warfare. 2 nursing cadets are going to airborne this summer but I hear it jacks up your knees.

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 07:17 AM
If you were close by csm I'd give you my first salute coin. Do you have one of those yet?

CSM
04-16-2010, 08:05 AM
If you were close by csm I'd give you my first salute coin. Do you have one of those yet?

I was a CSM. I have many of those!

I wish you luck and godspeed with your military endeavor....I sincerely do.

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks, I hope it all goes well and the waiver doesn't take forever, some can take 6 months.

AFbombloader
04-16-2010, 08:15 AM

CSM is correct, until you swear in the second time, right before you leave for basic training you are a depper (delayed enlisted program). After you re-swear in and get to basic you become a recruit, if that is what the Army calls them, then when you complete BMT you become a Soldier.

AF:salute:

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/002-2.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/003-2.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/006-2.jpg

Mr. P
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Bad news, LN. That smile will disappear 5 mins after you arrive at basic training. I can hear ya now, saying: WTF did I get into! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-16-2010, 06:02 PM
yeah that's what my cousin said, you be wondering what you got into first few days.

SassyLady
04-18-2010, 02:55 AM
yeah that's what my cousin said, you be wondering what you got into first few days.

Libbs - a quote for you.

"A National Guardsman is a civilian some of the time, a soldier part of the time, and a patriot all of the time."

Brig. Gen. James Drain
U.S. National Guard, 1928

If you believe in what you are doing, it doesn't matter how tough things get. My husband made it through five weeks of basic and then had appendicitis. They sent him home after surgery to recoup. He then had to go back and do basic from the beginning. He's now been in for 30 years and plans to put in another 10. He is a soldier through and through.

PS - He was NCO of the year for the Sixth Army when he was 30, and runner up nationally.

LiberalNation
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
that's really good and man surgery in basic, sucks. I already had my appendix removed thankfully.

LiberalNation
04-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Why are internet warriors such assholes. None of the soldiers I have met in real life are like this.

SassyLady
04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Why are internet warriors such assholes. None of the soldiers I have met in real life are like this.

then you haven't met enough warriors in real life .... there are a lot of real life warriors who can be assholes. My husband is one of them. He is very up front about maintaining Army values and will be all over you if you are only partially committed. Can't tell you how sick I am of hearing him say:

"Good enough isn't!"
"If you are only giving 110% then you are falling behind everyone else."
"Be, Know, Do" the Army Values
Lead or get the hell out of the way!

LiberalNation
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
lol, is he retired or close? Maybe he'll lighten up then.

Recruiter said my waiver is being reviewed now.

SassyLady
04-19-2010, 01:54 PM
lol, is he retired or close? Maybe he'll lighten up then.

Recruiter said my waiver is being reviewed now.

No he's not retired .... he's only 47 .... he's going for the 40 year max I think. Wants to be a State SGM before he retires.

LiberalNation
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
funny thing, my primary doc couldn't find anything wrong with my kneecaps, she is sending me back to them to find out wth is up. She plans on doing scans for her archives once she knows. We even pulled out the anatomy book trying to find it.

glockmail
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
there are always some. The females who get pregnant to get out of deploying give us all a bad name. It specifically says on the letter you get for christmans exodus, do not get pregnant.So leave your turkey baster at home, dyke.

LiberalNation
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm gona have a kid one day douche.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Sure, because you want to ruin some kids life by bringing him up gay.

LiberalNation
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
gay ain't contagious or we would all be by now.

glockmail
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
For many, yourself included, its a choice. I brought my kids up to be Conservative and Christian, you'd bring up yours to be Liberal and gay.

LiberalNation
04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Waiver approved.

I go back to meps to swear in on Thursday, then it's off to ft. Lee and Washington dc after we pick my cousin up from ait.

LiberalNation
04-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Vacation starting Fri. we're staying here. Spa treatments here I come.

http://www.poplarspringsinn.com/index.htm

LiberalNation
04-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I am at meps again, swear in tomorrow at which time I officially become a member of the US armed forces.

hortysir
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Which branch?

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Which branch?

Army... I believe.

She should have stuck out the ROTC program IMHO. But what can you say... she made the choice for better or for worse.

Good luck with your endeavors in basic training and AIT Liberalnation.

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
gay ain't contagious or we would all be by now.

Do the MEPS people / recruiters know that you're gay? :confused:

Don't ask don't tell?

LiberalNation
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I haven't even ever been with a girl......yet. I hear the army dykes are smokin hot tho.

Army, I will be in the nat guard for two years until I finish my degree and then can either stay guard or go active, May do a stint on active duty for the experience. The pay will be good, e-5 pay as a cadet $250 and $450 rotc stipend and another $400 nursing school stipend. Plus active pay for basic.

hortysir
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Awww.....
I was hoping ya chose Navy!

Good luck in your choice though!
:thumb:

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Awww.....

Navy? :lol:

GO ARMY! :salute:

LiberalNation
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Awww.....

Good luck in your choice though!

navy was my first choice, but your recruiters suck and don't return phone calls.

Mr. P
04-28-2010, 04:08 PM

:salute:

DragonStryk72
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Yeah, alot of people turn out to not be useful enough for the navy, that's why we have you guys in the Army :lol:

DragonStryk72
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM

navy was my first choice, but your recruiters suck and don't return phone calls.

That's odd, actually, cause mine wouldn't shut the hell up.

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, alot of people turn out to not be useful enough for the navy, that's why we have you guys in the Army :lol:

That's a good one! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Got a free meal, went swimming and hot tub before bed. Got to get up at 4am so they make you stay in a hotel.

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Got a free meal, went swimming and hot tub before bed. Got to get up at 4am so they make you stay in a hotel.

Just remember... it's only 8 or 9 weeks of hell. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, my cousin said the first few days of bct were rough and you wonder what you got yourself into but it gets better.

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah, my cousin said the first few days of bct were rough and you wonder what you got yourself into but it gets better.

No... it's definately 8 or 9 weeks of hell. It never got any better for me. :laugh2:

Mr. P
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
No... it's definately 8 or 9 weeks of hell. It never got any better for me. :laugh2:

Same here..they rode us hard all the way.

Funny..they gave us hell for stepping on "their" grass when we arrived from the reception area and after graduation they were screaming at us to get the hell OUT of "their" barracks! :laugh2:

In hide sight it was a great experience.

LiberalNation
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I’m In.

And things got messed up crazy fast but it all worked out for the best. They had me really worried.

So what happened is, I get in to talk the service liaison and he is scanning his computer, scanning his computer, and he’s like Nikki, we do not have a single split option bct slot available, please go back outside why I make some calls and figure this out. So am I waiting, and waiting, freaking out and they finally call me back in. Then they say, we’re sorry but we can’t get you split op for 6 to 7 months are you willing to go to AIT and miss a year of school? I was ready to walk of the floor then. I tell my recruiter there is no way in hell I am missing a year of school to be a 92G food service specialist ie cook. I will not do it for that mos and if you want me to enlist you will have to find me a different job. It just was not worth it for me, I didn’t want that mos to begin with but thought if I didn’t have to go to AIT and could contract ROTC it would be okay.

I tell him I am willing to do 68W and become a combat medic because it will get me my lpn hopefully and is in line with my nursing career but that is it, period. I will not do anything else and if he can’t make it happen take me home. He said hold on, I’ll make some calls and call in every favor I have because we are very limited in female medic slots in this state. So they are calling, another two hours of waiting and he comes back with, congratulation, we got your spot but now we have to get your waiver to transfer, it was for a cook not a medic and meps closed at 2pm that day for Pegasus parade, we didn’t have much time.

But they worked their magic and I raised my right hand today. I am now officially enlisted in the Army National Guard. My mom came and took these pics. Here’s proof for the haters out there. It’s been a wild ride but I am happy.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/010-1.jpg

Mr. P
04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I’m In.

But they worked their magic and I raised my right hand today. I am now officially enlisted in the Army National Guard. My mom came and took these pics. Here’s proof for the haters out there. It’s been a wild ride but I am happy.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/010-1.jpg

Well, yer first reality ck..They didn't work any magic. They were trying to force a slot they needed filled.

I think you should have stuck to ROTC all the way.

But I wish you the best!!! :salute:

This seems fitting with the pic. Think about it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UEVyIyibD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UEVyIyibD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LiberalNation
04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I didn't think my recruiter would screw me like that since I was coming back to his unit to be an officer over him in 2 years but maybe. I am happy all around though. Going to be hot, hot, hot, in sc in august.

LiberalNation
04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
I will be making, gi bill kick $400, rotc stipend $450, nurse school stipend $400, e-5 pay $250. $1300 a month plus free tuition and housing on top.

and a year worth of active duty pay at e-3, will prolly promote e-4 before I contract rotc.

hortysir
04-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Am I confused?
You're signed in as a cook?

LiberalNation
05-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Medic.

LiberalNation
05-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Talked to my cousin in ait, he said basic was too easy and they have a bunch of rules to follow on how they can treat you now. Must have 8 hours a sleep a night, only so many hours of corrective training allowed a day. A far cry from my dads day when they could beat the shit out of you.

glockmail
05-03-2010, 08:04 AM
You can always admit that you're a dyke and not have to do it.

LiberalNation
05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
lol, in your dreams pretty boy.

Vacation pics.
http://img156.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=006fu.jpg

LiberalNation
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
picked cousin up from ait, in dc now.

LiberalNation
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
we went to arlington and got to see a 11 gun artillary salute. Pics here.

http://img532.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=005mc.jpg

LiberalNation
05-08-2010, 12:01 PM
registered an ako and got my military email adress going. Meet my recruiter wen. to find out when I will start my rsp drilling before basic.

hortysir
05-08-2010, 04:24 PM
we went to arlington and got to see a 11 gun artillary salute. Pics here.

http://img532.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=005mc.jpg
Good photography!!!
I love Arlington. There's no more wondrous place, IMO
:clap:

hortysir
05-08-2010, 04:25 PM
registered an ako and got my military email adress going. Meet my recruiter wen. to find out when I will start my rsp drilling before basic.
Are you in a sort of delayed-entry program?
When do actually start basic?

LiberalNation
05-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I am in rsp for the guard until I go to basic aug. 28.

LiberalNation
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Is anyone willing to foster my dog or even adopt him. I have no one to take care of him for the year I will be training with the Army. He is a fixed beagle/lab mix and very sweet. I can't drive over 100 miles to give him to you and am willing to cover the expense when I get back.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/Nicole6103/keep.jpg

LiberalNation
05-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I look like a real dyke now. :)

pic

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3162/112fs.jpg

LiberalNation
05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
my unit is on a list set to deploy, that kind of sucks. I was hoping to contract rotc, wont be able to if they officially announce it first.

LiberalNation
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Failed the 1/1/1. First drill.

19 pushups, 50 situps, and 10.37 one mile. The run got me and I can run faster than that. I've done a 9 minute mile before, just not today. I was suprised at howw many people fell out at just one mile. Over ten in the rsp unit, at least I ran the whole way.

We were in trouble the whole time after two people decided to fall asleep while they were talking to us and another girl got smart with a sergeant.

82Marine89
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Failed the 1/1/1. First drill.

19 pushups, 50 situps, and 10.37 one mile. The run got me and I can run faster than that. I've done a 9 minute mile before, just not today.

You'll get better.

I was suprised at howw many people fell out at just one mile. Over ten in the rsp unit, at least I ran the whole way.

It's the Guard. Don't be surprised.

We were in trouble the whole time after two people decided to fall asleep while they were talking to us and another girl got smart with a sergeant.

Stay away from them. You don't want to be associated with shitbirds.

LiberalNation
05-23-2010, 05:01 AM
I will.

It did make me happy to at least beat some people on the run, I was always last running with the studs in ROTC. :)

LiberalNation
05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
We ran like three miles today in formation calling cadence which was cool. Fewer people fell out, only 4 even tho the run was longer and they got yelled at. No one fell asleep either, we just had planning your career class and formations. One thing that suprised me was the food they serve is actually really good and we even got seconds today.

LiberalNation
05-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I made $247 my first drill. Not bad. Will be making banl with new $11 an hour job and drill pay combined.

LiberalNation
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Think I'll take a course online thru the military since they wont pay my tuition till after ait but will let me take their courses now.

glockmail
05-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Suck the teet now if they send you to war you can just tell the truth about your dykness.

LiberalNation
05-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't mind going to astan at all, get lots of extra hazard duty pay and save a lot of money. DADT is ending, almost dead.