PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bone Marrow Match

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I just got a call from the National Bone Marrow Program that I might be a possible match for someone. I joined in 1993 and they really had to do some research to track me down. I got married and moved shortly after applying.

Anyway, I need to fill out a medical questionnaire, go in next Monday to have some blood tests done and I should know within 60 days if I'm a definite match. At that time the recipient's doctor will determine if they need bone marrow or stem cells.

Has anyone here ever given bone marrow or stem cells?

Anyway, wish me and the recipient good luck guys.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
good luck, it is a great thing you are doing for someone. You may just save their life.

AllieBaba
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Good luck to both!
How exciting and what a wonderful thing to do....

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I just got a call from the National Bone Marrow Program that I might be a possible match for someone. I joined in 1993 and they really had to do some research to track me down. I got married and moved shortly after applying.

Anyway, I need to fill out a medical questionnaire, go in next Monday to have some blood tests done and I should know within 60 days if I'm a definite match. At that time the recipient's doctor will determine if they need bone marrow or stem cells.

Has anyone here ever given bone marrow or stem cells?

Anyway, wish me and the recipient good luck guys.

Pretty Cool Mrs Kurt !!!!

Noir
03-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Best of luck, i registered as soon as i could, never had a call up from them though,

SassyLady
03-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Best of luck, i registered as soon as i could, never had a call up from them though,

Well, it's taken over 17 years, don't give up!