PDA

View Full Version : Yemen-American imam calls for US Muslim revolt

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:13 PM
By PAUL SCHEMM
Associated Press Writer

CAIRO (AP) - A Yemeni-American Muslim preacher known for his ties to extremists operating in the U.S. called on American Muslims in a new audio message to turn against their government because of its actions against Muslims around the world.

Anwar al-Awlaki's latest message, excerpts of which were aired on CNN Wednesday, described his own radicalization after U.S. operations against Muslims and called on those in the U.S. to follow his path.
"I eventually came to the conclusion that jihad against America is binding upon myself just as it is binding on every other Muslim," he said in his American-accented English.

SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors extremist Web Sites, confirmed the existence of the audio message when contacted by The Associated Press.

"To the Muslims in America I have this to say, how can your conscience allow you to live in peaceful coexistence with a nation responsible for the tyranny and crimes against your own brothers and sisters?" he asked. "How can you have loyalty to a government leading the war against Islam and Muslims?"

Al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen born in New Mexico to Yemeni parents, has used his personal Web site to encourage Muslims around the world to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. Yemeni security officials say they believe he is hiding in a region of the mountainous nation that has become a refuge for Islamic militants.

He was in regular contact with Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who is accused of killing 13 people in a rampage at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas. The two had 10 to 20 e-mail exchanges over several months last year.
Al-Awlaki also is believed to have been in touch with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian who attempted to blow up a passenger airliner in Detroit on Christmas day with explosives concealed in his underwear.
"Our brother, Umar Farouk, has succeeded in breaking through the security systems that have cost the U.S. government alone over $40 billion since 9/11," he said in an unaired excerpt of the tape provided by SITE.

U.S. authorities have been increasingly worried about the presence of Americans supporting jihad inside the country. Over the past week, a Pennsylvania woman, who went by the name "Jihad Jane," was accused in a plot to kill a Swedish cartoonist; a New Jersey man was held by authorities in Yemen; and five young Pakistani-American men from Northern Virginia were charged by Pakistani officials with planning terrorist attacks in the South Asian country.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=235&sid=10048616

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
their population isn't large enough for it to come close to being succesful, he's just a douche.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
their population isn't large enough for it to come close to being succesful, he's just a douche.

"To the Muslims in America I have this to say, how can your conscience allow you to live in peaceful coexistence with a nation responsible for the tyranny and crimes against your own brothers and sisters?" he asked. "How can you have loyalty to a government leading the war against Islam and Muslims?"

I hope not, it's scary that he is trying to incite muslims to rise up against americna non-muslims.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
In a related story, there was no Islamic revolution nor will there likely ever be one, America kicks ass. Americans who are Muslim seem to love this country enough to not start gunning down people if there's a disagreement with US policy, just like the rest of us who are sane lol.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM

I hope not, it's scary that he is trying to incite muslims to rise up against americna non-muslims.

I think Americans who are Muslim understand that this a war against terrorism and Islamic extremism, not against the entire religion of Islam and all Muslims.

HogTrash
03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
their population isn't large enough for it to come close to being succesful, he's just a douche.Just one jihad bomber can kill alot of Americans.

We literally have thousands of potential jihad bombers in America.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
In a related story, there was no Islamic revolution nor will there likely ever be one, America kicks ass. Americans who are Muslim seem to love this country enough to not start gunning down people if there's a disagreement with US policy, just like the rest of us who are sane lol.

I hope so, because it would be awful if American Muslims followed the Imam's advice and just revolted against the non-muslim Americans.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I think Americans who are Muslim understand that this a war against terrorism and Islamic extremism, not against the entire religion of Islam and all Muslims.

I don't know enough about the Muslim belief to know whether American Muslims feel more loyal to their Faith or American freedom. I hope they feel more patritoic then hateful at non-muslim americans.

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Just one jihad bomber can kill alot of Americans.

We literally have thousands of potential jihad bombers in America.

and one was a blue eyed blond, proving once and for all profiling wont work.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I hope so, because it would be awful if American Muslims followed the Imam's advice and just revolted against the non-muslim Americans.

We have crazy Imams say crazy shit in their bunkers all of the time, we have Muslim and non-Muslim American nutcases every day in some lil corner of the Internet calling for some sort violent revolution against United States, none of this stuff ever materializes.

We'll be okay lol.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
We have crazy Imams say crazy shit in their bunkers all of the time, we have Muslim and non-Muslim American nutcases every day in some lil corner of the Internet calling for some sort violent revolution against United States, none of this stuff ever materializes.

We'll be okay lol.

Are Imams the same thing as what Priests are to Catholics?

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Are Imams the same thing as what Priests are to Catholics?

Sort of, it depends upon which branch of Islam we're talking about. Imams are present in Shi'a Islam and they're considered the leader of a Mosque so I guess they would be equivalent of a pastor or a priest. In Sunni Islam, the guy who preaches the day's sermon is called a Sheihk.

At least that's what I've gathered, I might be wrong lol.

chloe
03-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Sort of, it depends upon which branch of Islam we're talking about. Imams are present in Shi'a Islam and they're considered the leader of a Mosque so I guess they would be equivalent of a pastor or a priest. In Sunni Islam, the guy who preaches the day's sermon is called a Sheihk.

At least that's what I've gathered, I might be wrong lol.

Yeah I kinda think the same thing as what you said. The only Muslims I ever knew lived in vegas but they didn't seem religious because they smoked alot of weed. LOL

OldMercsRule
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
An excerpt from the Quran may help quantify the risk all Non Muslims face:

... take 9:5, commonly referred to as the "Verse of the Sword", revealed toward the end of Muhammad's life:

9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Having been revealed later in Muhammad?s life than 50:45, 109, and 2:256, the Verse of the Sword abrogates their peaceful injunctions in accordance with 2:106. Sura 8, revealed shortly before Sura 9, reveals a similar theme:

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.
8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:33. It is He {Allah} Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).

The Quran's commandments to Muslims to wage war in the name of Allah against non-Muslims are unmistakable. They are, furthermore, absolutely authoritative as they were revealed late in the Prophet's career and so cancel and replace earlier instructions to act peaceably. Without knowledge of the principle of abrogation, Westerners will continue to misread the Quran and misdiagnose Islam as a "religion of peace."

Bold Emphasis is mine.

Robert Spencer is the source of these excerpts I have posted herein, which any non Muslim reader should find a bit troubling. The way the Quran is structured, (which all devout Muslims are well aware), is that later verses trump earlier ones when there is conflict in meaning.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101.html

Mr. Spencer is an expert on Islam, (routinely denounced by Islamo agologists), who I personally find very informative.

Dr. Daniel Pipes, (Harvard Phd) finds his works totally credible.

chloe
03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
An excerpt from the Quran may help quantify the risk all Non Muslims face:

... take 9:5, commonly referred to as the "Verse of the Sword", revealed toward the end of Muhammad's life:

9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Having been revealed later in Muhammad?s life than 50:45, 109, and 2:256, the Verse of the Sword abrogates their peaceful injunctions in accordance with 2:106. Sura 8, revealed shortly before Sura 9, reveals a similar theme:

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.
8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:33. It is He {Allah} Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).

The Quran's commandments to Muslims to wage war in the name of Allah against non-Muslims are unmistakable. They are, furthermore, absolutely authoritative as they were revealed late in the Prophet's career and so cancel and replace earlier instructions to act peaceably. Without knowledge of the principle of abrogation, Westerners will continue to misread the Quran and misdiagnose Islam as a "religion of peace."

Robert Spencer is the source of these excerpts I have posted herein, which any non Muslim reader should find a bit troubling. The way the Quran is structured, (which all devout Muslims are well aware), is that later verses trump earlier ones when there is conflict in meaning.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101.html

Mr. Spencer is an expert on Islam, (routinely denounced by Islamo agologists), who I personally find very informative.

Dr. Daniel Pipes, (Harvard Phd) finds his works totally credible.

Does that mean if westerners misdiagnose Islam or Muslim religion that they have a watered down version in America and so are less likely to follow advice from their Imam?

LiberalNation
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
plenty of war and killing in the bible as well, how bout some of them quotes.

OldMercsRule
03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Does that mean if westerners misdiagnose Islam or Muslim religion that they have a watered down version in America and so are less likely to follow advice from their Imam?

Hard to know the answer to your question: Chloe.

It is very problematic to read minds.

I intentionally posted some excerpts of 1400 year old translated pieces of Quran text from Mohamed's prophecy held very sacred by believing Muslims for a reason. I hope people read it and think a wee bit. The additional information that folks could learn with a little home work is the fact that the command from the Quran I posted above has been followed by fundamental Muslims for 1400 years as history also shows.

I hope Americans start reflecting on history as Muslims sure do.

There are 1.5 Billion Muslims alive today. Many of those were born after 1979 when the modern Islamic State of Iran was born, where a lot of the modern fundamentalism has come from, possibly from inspiration, (not OBL who is Suni).

Since 1979 Muslims (Suni and Shia) have blown up Marines in Lebonon, hyjacked jets, attacked the Olympics, killed in Africa, (Kenya embassy), Asia, WTC 1993,USS Cole, 9-11, Madrid, London, Indonesia, Phillipines, India, et al. I have only named a few of the major incidents of Islamo Terror since 1979.

Bernard Lewis claims that fundamental Islam could be as much as 10% of the 1.5 Billion population, a very big number indeed.

American Muslims are still fairly small in number. I think reading the excerpts of the Quran is sobering to people who have not read it before. If the American Muslims are devout, I would be very sceptical the foundational concepts that make most of us Americans: Americans that are corntrary to Islam and Sharia law would attract them at all.

Women have a very different status under Islam, (submission is what islam means).

IMHO, if we get large concentrations of them as in France and the rest of old Europe we will have issues with Islam.

Remember: only one functional brain cell. :eek: JR

OldMercsRule
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM

Christianity went through a "reformation" when Gutenberg printed bibles and Luthur broke away from the Church.

Islam has never gone through a similar modernization.

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM

If you are a Christian or Jew and you aren't firing in all directions, you are not following the Bible "literally, word-for-word".

Deuteronomy 13:13-19 Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

Deuteronomy 17:12 -Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.

Exodus 21:15 - Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.

Exodus 22:17 - You should not let a sorceress live.

Leviticus 20:10 - If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

Need I really go on?

Cap'n Chew
03-17-2010, 10:29 PM
There are 1.5 Billion Muslims alive today. Many of those were born after 1979 when the modern Islamic State of Iran was born, where a lot of the modern fundamentalism has come from, possibly from inspiration, (not OBL who is Suni).

Since 1979 Muslims (Suni and Shia) have blown up Marines in Lebonon, hyjacked jets, attacked the Olympics, killed in Africa, (Kenya embassy), Asia, WTC 1993,USS Cole, 9-11, Madrid, London, Indonesia, Phillipines, India, et al. I have only named a few of the major incidents of Islamo Terror since 1979.

Bernard Lewis claims that fundamental Islam could be as much as 10% of the 1.5 Billion population, a very big number indeed.

I doubt it's 10%, where does Mr. Lewis come up with that number?

chloe
03-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Hard to know the answer to your question: Chloe.

It is very problematic to read minds.

I intentionally posted some excerpts of 1400 year old translated pieces of Quran text from Mohamed's prophecy held very sacred by believing Muslims for a reason. I hope people read it and think a wee bit. The additional information that folks could learn with a little home work is the fact that the command from the Quran I posted above has been followed by fundamental Muslims for 1400 years as history also shows.

I hope Americans start reflecting on history as Muslims sure do.

American Muslims are still fairly small in number. I think reading the excerpts of the Quran is sobering to people who have not read it before. If the American Muslims are devout, I would be very sceptical the foundational concepts that make most of us Americans: Americans that are corntrary to Islam and Sharia law would attract them at all.

Women have a very different status under Islam, (submission is what islam means).

IMHO, if we get large concentrations of them as in France and the rest of old Europe we will have issues with Islam.

Remember: only one functional brain cell. :eek: JR

Ok so its mostly Europe who has to worry. Thanks for explaining !

OldMercsRule
03-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I doubt it's 10%, where does Mr. Lewis come up with that number?

He is a Princeton Prof well known to have a great deal of expertise in Islam.

He has written a number of books and visited the Ottoman source material for Islam in Turkey to a greater extent then any other contemporary living Westerner has.

It is an informed opinion, he states that Islamic fundamentalism is a significant part of Islam up to 10% of the total. Can't recall where or when I read the number in an article, butt I did.

See if Google shows you.

There is anti Lewis stuff on the net as there is anti Spencer and anti Pipes as well.

All three men state some (CORRECT, [IMHO]), not so "politically correct" stuff that tends to ruffle feathers.

Lewis has advised Presidents in the past. JR

Cap'n Chew
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
He is a Princeton Prof well known to have a great deal of expertise in Islam.

He has written a number of books and visited the Ottoman source material for Islam in Turkey to a greater extent then any other contemporary living Westerner has.

It is an informed opinion, he states that Islamic fundamentalism is a significant part of Islam up to 10% of the total. Can't recall where or when I read the number in an article, butt I did.

See if Google shows you.

There is anti Lewis stuff on the net as there is anti Spencer and anti Pipes as well.

All three men state some (CORRECT, [IMHO]), not so "politically correct" stuff that tends to ruffle feathers.

Lewis has advised Presidents in the past. JR

An article from The American Conservative suggests via the educated opinion of Muslim political leaders that the crazies make up 1% of the worldwide Muslim population.

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2003/jan/13/00029/

OldMercsRule
03-18-2010, 02:03 AM
An article from The American Conservative suggests via the educated opinion of Muslim political leaders that the crazies make up 1% of the worldwide Muslim population.

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2003/jan/13/00029/

Yes butt: that seems likley wishful thinking if you read the entire article.

There is no hard number and I surely can't read minds.

Even if the 1% is accurate that is still a large number and Muslims number nearly 25% of the world's population and they have a very young population as the Developed West has low birth rates: not so the world of Islam.

HogTrash
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
and one was a blue eyed blond, proving once and for all profiling wont work.To protect those who fall under the protection of "political correctness", liberals will always attack the exception as a strategy to defend the rule.

OldMercsRule
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Ok so its mostly Europe who has to worry. Thanks for explaining !

We in America are furtunate in a lot of ways relative to Europe, (in fact relative to the rest of the world): Chloe.

Our birthrate in North America is not as low as Europe's butt it is much lower then in Islam, and some Muslim Mothers train their children to grow up as little bombers from a very tender age.

That said: our immigrants (legal and otherwise) are generally not Muslim (some of who have no problem running jets into skyscrapers). Say what you will about Catholic folks from Central and South America, they generally don't intentionally murder inocents in a suicide act in the name of their God or burn automobiles in our streets.

That is not to say all 1.6 Billion Christians on this planet are perfect. They surely are not. There are whacko's and freaks in any large population of humans. Christians involved in modern terrorism are rare and generally are not religious zealots who murder in the name of their God, (no matter how much Liberals and the Liberal main stream media try to state otherwise).

If you read the Islamic verses I posted it should give you pause about any Muslim, (unless you can read minds), and it also explains the lack of Muslims speaking out about the terrorism the fundamentalist Muslims do all over the world. There are verses in the Quran that instruct Muslims to lie and use any means of deception to further the world dominance of Islam (which means "submission").

The verses are not optional to an Islamic believer, they are commands. When the Ayatollah Khomeini (that Jimmy Carter helped to install in power in Iran), called the USA the "Great Satan" in 1979 he really meant it and that was a very significant event in Shia Islam.

Liberals luv to pull the "relative moralism" argument as some have already done in this thread, and Liberals used to do with the USSR vs the USA during the cold war. That is as bogus an argument about modern Christianity relative to seventh century Islam WHICH IS PRACTICED TODAY as it is to make light of how obviously distructive Communism has been since Das Kapital's introduction in 1867.

Hard to say why modern Liberals do that self hate chit, butt they do.

The number of Muslims in America today is in the neighborhood of 5 million give or take. Have they assimilated to become good Americans and modernized? Who really knows if they accept the American ways that makes our Great Country exceptional? Shiria law is very different, and again is NOT OPTIONAL for the Muslim believer. The Islamic religion has not modernized at all and is a very rigid 24 hour per day 7 days per week full corntrol political and religious doctrine that really is an existential threat to a free Society as ours.

Liberals prolly like the Corntrol aspect of Islam as they luv Cuba, and any Central Corntrol they can further as they are now trying with health care in this Country.

It pays all Americans to read and understand the 1400 year history of the 1.5 billion people of Islamic faith, (25% of the world's population), that has a profound influance all over the world, IMHO. They know their version of history quite well.

Respectfully, JR

Gaffer
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Cap'n dhimmi the muslim advocate brings up the usual argument by pointing at old biblical quotations. The same quotations that are paraphrased in the koran as islam stole all of its teachings from the jews, hindu's, christians and pagans. Even allah is just a re marketing of the old pagan arab moon god.

Not all muslims are bad, but fundamental islam is. The belief system is inherently evil. Those that do nothing are just as supportive of the evil system as those that take action. And those that enable the fanatics are just as guilty. A dhimmi is just an enabler who defends something he really has no clue about.

OldMercsRule
03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Violent jihad, or Islamic holy war, is "becoming as American as apple pie," US-born fugitive cleric Anwar Al-Awlaqi said in an unauthenticated message released Friday.

"Western jihad is here to stay," warned Awlaqi as he commented on a blonde American who dubbed herself "JihadJane" and has pleaded not guilty to trying to recruit Islamist militants to murder a Swedish cartoonist.

"Jihad is becoming as American as apple pie and as British as afternoon tea," the US-Yemeni cleric said in an English-language message posted on militant forums and released by the US-based SITE monitoring agency.

Western attempts to stop the spread of violent jihad to people who do not fit the usual profile of a potential extremist have failed, he argued, amid a rash of home-grown terrorism cases in the United States.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=416221

If the enemy within passes "Health Care reform" and the Obamaprompter signs it into law, it will profoundly weaken the United States' already very weak financial structure at a time that we face a huge challenge from Islamo fasicsts.

If the seventh century barbarians find a crack in the gates we are in real trouble.