PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'Procedural' Spat Over Health Bill Vote Doesn't Worry Me

red states rule
03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
So now the US Constitution does not bother Pres Obama? His policies and attitude made me think so - now Obama has admitted such

President Obama is not worried -- and doesn't think Americans should worry -- about the "procedural" debate over whether House Democratic leaders should go ahead with a plan to approve health care reform without a traditional vote, he told Fox News on Wednesday.

The president, in an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier, responded for the first time to the controversy over a plan to use a parliamentary maneuver to allow the House to pass the Senate's health care bill without forcing members to vote for it directly.

The esoteric procedure has drawn fierce protest from Republicans, who say Democrats are trying to avoid accountability. But the president said there will be no doubt about where lawmakers stand on health care reform.

"I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or Senate," Obama said. "What I can tell you is that the vote that's taken in the House will be a vote for health care reform. And if people vote yes, whatever form that takes, that is going to be a vote for health care reform. And I don't think we should pretend otherwise. And if they don't, if they vote against it, then they're going to be voting against health care reform and they're going to be voting in favor of the status quo.

"So Washington gets very concerned with these procedures in Congress, whether Republicans are in charge or Democrats are in charge," he said.

Indeed, House lawmakers would be going on record for health care reform. But they wouldn't be casting a vote for the Senate bill alone.

Instead, under a process called a "self-executing rule," the House could simultaneously approve the Senate bill while voting on a package of changes to it. This would "deem" the Senate bill to be passed, without compelling members to vote for it directly.

Democratic leaders are considering the option because many House Democrats don't want to cast a vote in favor of the unaltered Senate bill, which they oppose for numerous reasons. But the House must pass the Senate bill in order to move on to the package of changes intended to correct all the things about it that they don't like.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/17/obama-tells-fox-news-procedural-spat-health-vote-doesnt-worry/

Gaffer
03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Dictators don't worry about things like procedures.

red states rule
03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Dictators don't worry about things like procedures.

No Obama is telling Dems they have to choose between him and their voters back home

President Obama's pitch: Fate of presidency on the line

President Barack Obama had exhausted most of his health care reform arguments with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus during a White House meeting last Thursday when he made a more personal pitch that resonated with many skeptics in the room.

One caucus member told POLITICO that Obama won him over by “essentially [saying] that the fate of his presidency” hinged on this week’s health reform vote in the House. The member, who requested anonymity, likened Obama’s remarks to an earlier meeting with progressives when the president said a victory was necessary to keep him “strong” for the next three years of his term.

Another caucus member, Rep. Jose Serrano (D-N.Y.), said, “We went in there already knowing his presidency would be weakened if this thing went down, but the president clearly reinforced the impression the presidency would be damaged by a loss.”

Added Serrano: “He was subtle, but that was the underlying theme of the meeting — the importance of passing this for the health of the presidency.”

White House officials said Obama’s recent remarks aren’t intended to personalize the debate or rally undecided Democratic members with an egocentric, “win one for Barry” message. They said Obama’s point is to hammer home the idea that all Democrats would benefit from a health care win and that the party’s larger policy agenda would be damaged if the president were to lose.

Still, all told, it’s a little more drama than Democrats are used to getting from Obama. And while it’s not the only argument being made by Obama administration and pro-reform allies on the Hill, it’s an increasingly important one as Democrats seek to sway a handful of health care holdouts ahead of an anticipated vote this weekend.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34602.html#ixzz0iXIOthQK

glockmail
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Obama will go down in history as the most corrupt President ever, but libs and most blacks will never admit it. He will always be their one-term hero, like Carter.

red states rule
03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Obama will go down in history as the most corrupt President ever, but libs and most blacks will never admit it. He will always be their one-term hero, like Carter.

We now have Carter's second term Glock

red states rule
03-18-2010, 09:21 AM
The liberal media is ion a tizzy this morning over the Fox interview. They are upset over Mr Bair trying to get Obama answer his questions, and did not allow him tp duck them and spin.

I guess when THEY interview Obama, the last thing they expect is for the Chosen One to actually answer their questions

The liberal meida aores Obama and they show it openly. Here is Brian Williams BOWING to Obama when they said goodby

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLYtHHxTTmc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLYtHHxTTmc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

glockmail
03-18-2010, 09:40 AM
What's this bowing shit. Are we French now.

stephanie
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Obama is clueless, not so bright and not in control of anything. you have to wonder WHO IS.

I find him to be not likable AT ALL.

red states rule
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
What's this bowing shit. Are we French now.

It is called a love affair between the liberal media and Obama

red states rule
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Obama is clueless, not so bright and not in control of anything. you have to wonder WHO IS.

I find him to be not likable AT ALL.

You may not like him but sometimes he is honest about his intentions

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgc3ePwI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

stephanie
03-18-2010, 10:23 AM
You may not like him but sometimes he is honest about his intentions

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgc3ePwI%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

yeah, I forget to include "snake" in my last post.