PDA

View Full Version : Obama effigy hung at RI school with fired teachers

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
we need higher ed standards to stay commpetitive.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100318/ap_on_re_us/us_entire_school_fired

CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. – A teacher at a failing Rhode Island school where he and all his colleagues were fired hung an effigy of President Barack Obama in his classroom, apparently in reaction to Obama's support of extreme measures to ensure accountability in schools.

The teachers union on Thursday condemned the effigy, discovered Monday in the teacher's third-floor classroom at Central Falls High School, saying it was wrong and cannot be condoned under any circumstances.

The effigy was found in the unidentified teacher's classroom by Superintendent Frances Gallo, Nicole Shaffer of the Rhode Island Department of Education told The Associated Press. Shaffer said the department would not have any further comment.

stephanie
03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh boy, here we go again.
:rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I didn't like this kind of stuff done to President Bush, and I don't like it now.

stephanie
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
As we found out with a lot of these incidents, they were Faked by people wanting attention.
It only damages the credibility of an actual incident. but what can ya do.

Mr. P
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
So the Lib teach is pissed at Bambam cause he got fired..BFD!

Hey, he joined the club. What do you expect from club members, civility? Huh? What does the teach have to lose, a job? :laugh2:

Binky
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
The bad part is that the students had that teacher as a role model. Or teachers, if more than one was involved. :eek:

namvet
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
The bad part is that the students had that teacher as a role model. Or teachers, if more than one was involved. :eek:

after so many affairs with students i don't see them as roll models anymore

KarlMarx
03-18-2010, 04:20 PM
The only outrage here is that a professional trouble maker like Barak Obama who has no qualifications to be a dog catcher, let alone president, was even *considered* as a presidential candidate... let alone elected to run this country (into the ground)...

after 8 years of Bush hatred this country is getting just what it deserves for being stupid enough to allow that jackass to become the President...

glockmail
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I gotta put me one of those Oh-bam-ah F'in G things on my front lawn.

BoogyMan
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Why is it that folks like LN never complained about the effigies of Bush being burned and hanged? Could it be they couldn't gin up cries of racism in that case? Could it be that hate is OK when it is aimed at someone they disagree with politically? I am not a big Bush fan either, I would simply like to see some consistency from the liberals who preach about hate all the time in completely hypocritical ways.

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I thought the bush assassination movie was a disgrace to a sitting president actually. They may have free speech but should have practice some restraint.

Cap'n Chew
03-19-2010, 01:58 AM
we need higher ed standards to stay commpetitive.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100318/ap_on_re_us/us_entire_school_fired

CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. – A teacher at a failing Rhode Island school where he and all his colleagues were fired hung an effigy of President Barack Obama in his classroom, apparently in reaction to Obama's support of extreme measures to ensure accountability in schools.

It's about damn time. Srsly, accountability in the workplace? What a novel concept lmao!