PDA

View Full Version : Louisville named in top 100 drunkest cities

LiberalNation
03-18-2010, 05:20 PM
:cheers2::beer:

http://www.fox41.com/global/story.asp?s=12164761

Kentucky's two largest cities have earned a spot on a top 100 list, but you will not see Louisville and Lexington touting this new title anytime soon. The cities were named two of the drunkest in America.

"I think that should be an eye opener for a lot of people," said Varnisha Powell, who lives in Louisville.

Men's Health Magazine rated cities according to the highest number of deaths from alcohol-related liver disease, DUI arrests, crashes, and fatalities. The magazine also looked at binge drinking.

"Well, I mean, I guess it's good because Oxycontin and crank are other cities, smaller cities. I guess we're fortunate that we're using something legal here in the bigger cities," said Ken Bailey.

The new title may be hard for some Kentuckians to believe, but for David Warner he knows first-hand how bad the drinking problem is in the Commonwealth. Warner's grandson was killed in October of 2004 and his wife was severely injured. "To this day she walks with a limp, she will always walk with a limp," said Warner as he described his wife's injuries.